NOKIA LUMIA 1020

Soulfly

Reaction score
really dun think, least i have never seen it before, even for the normal plastic screen protectors also "no stocks" in SG

the last 3 SP, i got from KL, Phuket , etc - really random dingy shops ... stock up (still got 1 spare , for emergency)

just tahan with your L1020, hopefully new flagship info will be announced soon ...
keep fingers cross

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'm just gonna order online...

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Sigh, W10m latest Build still not feature complete enough for me to migrate my Lumia 1020.

enigma

Reaction score
My lumia 1020 just updated to denim yesterday!

Any one got the list of changes? Camera is slightly faster now.

schmeichel

Reaction score
Anyone needs a yellow Qi wireles charging case for Lumia 1020? I have one spare to let go. Condition is 10/ 10. Let me know via PM. Thank you.

lilrex21

Reaction score
Dropped my 1020 and it flipped over, landing squarely on the top left corner. Glass totally splintered now. SIGH. Phone still works but I am worried the glass will fall off eventually. The smaller grits already all came off

Not sure what to do now. I really like my phone. Used it for 2 years so can recontract already. But no real phone comes close to the 1020's camera.

A check with Microsoft shows that LCD replacement will be $180 at least. Don't even know stocks availability. They told me to check with service centre myself. To me that is bad customer service.. They are after all the principal company.

In any case don't think it is worthwhile. Maybe change to other brands. Or perhaps Lumia 950 if it does turn up in Singapore. But haven't seen the phone so far either. Not sure if I'd like it too.

Total sadness seeing my phone now :(

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dropped my 1020 and it flipped over, landing squarely on the top left corner. Glass totally splintered now. SIGH. Phone still works but I am worried the glass will fall off eventually. The smaller grits already all came off

Not sure what to do now. I really like my phone. Used it for 2 years so can recontract already. But no real phone comes close to the 1020's camera.

A check with Microsoft shows that LCD replacement will be $180 at least. Don't even know stocks availability. They told me to check with service centre myself. To me that is bad customer service.. They are after all the principal company.

In any case don't think it is worthwhile. Maybe change to other brands. Or perhaps Lumia 950 if it does turn up in Singapore. But haven't seen the phone so far either. Not sure if I'd like it too.

Total sadness seeing my phone now :(

I think you will like the 950/950xl series. Although megapixel isn't that big but the camera is awesome :)

lilrex21

Reaction score
I think you will like the 950/950xl series. Although megapixel isn't that big but the camera is awesome :)

950 probably does better on macro shots. 1020's main weakness is there. Plus the yellow tinge in photos. I am attracted to the removable battery. But not so much abt the plastic backing. Also worries about battery life as the screen will be QHD.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Hahahaha. Just feel that there isn't really a worthy successor to the 1020.

Ibodnano

Reaction score
Microsoft will probably not make another 41mp phone. It is too niche. It is nice to know they can make camera this good in this Lumia 950 this thin.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
950 probably does better on macro shots. 1020's main weakness is there. Plus the yellow tinge in photos. I am attracted to the removable battery. But not so much abt the plastic backing. Also worries about battery life as the screen will be QHD.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Hahahaha. Just feel that there isn't really a worthy successor to the 1020.

I have the 950xl which has the same camera add the 950. For day to day point and shoot, it's superb. Dunno about manual mode but the options are all there.As for battery life, it Will last more than a day on my phone. Should be similar on the 950 which has a smaller battery but also smaller screen with less power hunger processor

echoblue

Reaction score
Are you using your Windows Hello? Mine can not last a day with that iris scanner on.
I have the 950xl which has the same camera add the 950. For day to day point and shoot, it's superb. Dunno about manual mode but the options are all there.As for battery life, it Will last more than a day on my phone. Should be similar on the 950 which has a smaller battery but also smaller screen with less power hunger processor

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you using your Windows Hello? Mine can not last a day with that iris scanner on.

Only tried it out on the first day then deactivated it. It wasn't very consistent and since I drive, activating it by retina while driving is very dangerous :p

lilrex21

Reaction score
I'm still using my shattered 1020. Was doing a video assignment and was reminded why I like this phone so much. It can attach to a tripod. Hahaha..

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Damn. My 1020 Xeon flash bite the dust..... Is 1020 still possible to get repaired over at the MS center, or are its parts are already no longer available?

ramius_mark

Reaction score
Nokia Lumia 1020 for sale / exchange with BlackBerry Classic/Passport

Hi all,

I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 (yellow), with wireless charging cover (yellow), Nokia Wireless charger (white), and black camera grip. It has hardly been used - condition of phone 10/10. Super good condition. No issues with phone and software. Battery is top-notch.

If you are keen, PM me.

I'm also open to trade with a used BlackBerry Passport or Classic phone.

Thank you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.