The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
When applying wax, do you all apply all you need the first time or add bit by bit?

Sent from Sony D6653 using GAGT

WoodOwl-Overdrive-Drill-Bit-Set.jpg

kingsfall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys just wanna get recommendations on types and brands of hair oil cos my hair is quite dry and fizzle. i think its probably because i shampoo my hair at least once or twice a day. thanks loads!

nichsong

Reaction score
Hey man I'd suggest shampooing only once a day, probably at the end of the day to wash out any oils/product buildup before going to bed. It's ok to have some natural oil in your hair the next day prior to styling.. I personally find it makes the styling process easier too.

Other than that, I find that using a moisturiser intended for daily use is sufficient to counter any dryness/brittleness in your hair. Just use it once/twice a week according to how dry your hair feels as the week goes by.

But if you're really looking for hair oils, I guess the current trend right now is Argan oil. U can find the brand "argan oil of morocco" in most local drugstores like guardian etc. They have this hair penetrating oil that's intended for hair treatment/moisturising purposes. Or if you would want to invest in a higher quality alternative, alot of people online are using/ recommending pura d'or.

Personally, I find a good old daily moisturiser to be sufficient :)

hey guys just wanna get recommendations on types and brands of hair oil cos my hair is quite dry and fizzle. i think its probably because i shampoo my hair at least once or twice a day. thanks loads!

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Any pics regarding the fake sideburns.

Do u mean your hair just sticking out when short if it so just dun cut it after its long it will lay down but it would take about few months. Your hairdresser just give a undercut for the sides?

Sorry for the late reply. See attached my pic regarding the "fake sideburns":

a48573a3e7610a2edeae53e01d86e1b9.png

Basically, the sides of my face has zero hair, thus can't grow any sideburns.
So, the hairdresser asks me to grow the sides long and then she cut around it so that it looks like sideburns but actually is not.

Problem is, when walking or even when a small breeze blow, these "fake" sideburns becomes frayed and messy in strands, like what u see in above pic.

Can golddigger or other wax / cream help to "tape" these "sideburns" together so that all these strands bunch and stick together instead of messy like this?

Currently, I've to keep using my fingers to twist and pull these strands down to make it "neat", but after a while, it gets messy and frayed again.

Tks for any advice! :)

tomomibaby

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. See attached my pic regarding the "fake sideburns":

a48573a3e7610a2edeae53e01d86e1b9.png

Basically, the sides of my face has zero hair, thus can't grow any sideburns.
So, the hairdresser asks me to grow the sides long and then she cut around it so that it looks like sideburns but actually is not.

Problem is, when walking or even when a small breeze blow, these "fake" sideburns becomes frayed and messy in strands, like what u see in above pic.

Can golddigger or other wax / cream help to "tape" these "sideburns" together so that all these strands bunch and stick together instead of messy like this?

Currently, I've to keep using my fingers to twist and pull these strands down to make it "neat", but after a while, it gets messy and frayed again.

Tks for any advice! :)
Have u tried applying hair wax to the sides and gold digger should be able to the job.after u emulsify it try apply the wax from the back then the side try twisting it into a bundle it shld able to works then apply the leftover wax to the center or just fringe.Do let me know after u try,previously when my hair is long it happens too but it shld work for all unless your hair is so stubborn.

Last edited:

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Have u tried applying hair wax to the sides and gold digger should be able to the job.after u emulsify it try apply the wax from the back then the side try twisting it into a bundle it shld able to works then apply the leftover wax to the center or just fringe.

sounds good.

i tried gatsby wax and it does help a little little bit but i don't like the feeling of that gatsby wax....feels very "kau-wek" and "eewy" to me.

btw, what does "emulsify" mean in your sentence above? :)

i believe hair broducts is the best place to get goldigger?

tomomibaby

Reaction score
sounds good.

i tried gatsby wax and it does help a little little bit but i don't like the feeling of that gatsby wax....feels very "kau-wek" and "eewy" to me.

rubbing the hair wax in circular motion until the product is distribute evenly throughout ur palms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjiZwndMhkc
this video above should help in explaining.
so usually until now u didn't emulsify it?u just dig out and apply straight into your hair?
u do not need a lot of product to tame the sides if not it will feel very sticky like u say.if u emulsify it well is more than enough.
yup hair broducts would be the best place unless u prefer to look the actual product before buying in those boxes store sometime may be more expensive.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sounds good.

i think he meant spread all into your palms.
mix 2 products together.

everywhere can get gold digger, just support the seller you like. ;)

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
rubbing the hair wax in circular motion until the product is distribute evenly throughout ur palms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjiZwndMhkc
this video above should help in explaining.
so usually until now u didn't emulsify it?u just dig out and apply straight into your hair?
u do not need a lot of product to tame the sides if not it will feel very sticky like u say.if u emulsify it well is more than enough.
yup hair broducts would be the best place unless u prefer to look the actual product before buying in those boxes store sometime may be more expensive.

haha not really, i just use the index finger to scoop out the wax and "emulsify" between my thumb and index finger, then apply to the sides.

anyway, for gatsby wax (the grey one), it's very hard to spread it as it feels very dense and unyielding.

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
i think he meant spread all into your palms.
mix 2 products together.

everywhere can get gold digger, just support the seller you like. ;)

are you the guy behind hair broducts? don't mind if i ask this, but any coupon code for first timers? :)

kingsfall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey man I'd suggest shampooing only once a day, probably at the end of the day to wash out any oils/product buildup before going to bed. It's ok to have some natural oil in your hair the next day prior to styling.. I personally find it makes the styling process easier too.

Other than that, I find that using a moisturiser intended for daily use is sufficient to counter any dryness/brittleness in your hair. Just use it once/twice a week according to how dry your hair feels as the week goes by.

But if you're really looking for hair oils, I guess the current trend right now is Argan oil. U can find the brand "argan oil of morocco" in most local drugstores like guardian etc. They have this hair penetrating oil that's intended for hair treatment/moisturising purposes. Or if you would want to invest in a higher quality alternative, alot of people online are using/ recommending pura d'or.

Personally, I find a good old daily moisturiser to be sufficient :)

hey man thanks for the detailed explanation. really appreciate it. just to clarify. the moisturizer u mention is it the same as hair conditioner? if not what are the brands u recommend. thanks!

nichsong

Reaction score
Ah yes sorry, hair conditioner would be a more relevant term!

hey man thanks for the detailed explanation. really appreciate it. just to clarify. the moisturizer u mention is it the same as hair conditioner? if not what are the brands u recommend. thanks!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
haha not really, i just use the index finger to scoop out the wax and "emulsify" between my thumb and index finger, then apply to the sides.

anyway, for gatsby wax (the grey one), it's very hard to spread it as it feels very dense and unyielding.

grey moving rubber is already softer than gold digger btw

and haha good on u for recognising the real meaning of the word "emulsify"

but spreading the wax between thumb and index finger i think not enough spreading ba.. if u dun wan dirty ur whole palm at least spread between all ur fingers. what u are aiming for is a even coat of product on ur hair

beefjerky

Reaction score
Side of Hair sticking out

Hi, as an asian my sides are always sticking out. I saw on reddit that there are some products from ebay that can help with it. I was wondering is there any in Singapore that you guys would recommend?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, as an asian my sides are always sticking out. I saw on reddit that there are some products from ebay that can help with it. I was wondering is there any in Singapore that you guys would recommend?

Shave if it's sticking out.
If not keep it long enough to sweep it backwards.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

those perming cream is it? i think abit hardcore to self perm sia... but here got ppl try before. cant remember who though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.