OCBC Voyage Card

coppee

Reaction score
Hi,

Just browsed through this thread because I got charged the annual fee which they refused to waive...

I proceeded to cancel the card but guess what... The ocbc rep over the phone told me can cancel the card, but the annual fee must still pay!!!

After browsing through this thread I realised that several bros who wanted to cancel the card faced the same problem. Just like to check if you managed to get it solved?

Thanks a lot.

Edit:

Just like to clarify, I paid the annual fee for the first year. The annual fee ocbc insists I pay are for the second year (just billed in statement)

Last edited:

saggice

Reaction score
That shucks..... Most of the banks are actually quite ok with waiving annual fees.... Think just cancel and don use the bank again.

coppee

Reaction score
That shucks..... Most of the banks are actually quite ok with waiving annual fees.... Think just cancel and don use the bank again.

Hi,

Just to clarify, the issue here is not with cancelling, it is having to pay the annual fee for the second year even if you cancel the card.

louist

Reaction score
:eek: Is that actually legal, charging for something you are not using? Is it in the T&Cs anywhere? My (possibly incorrect) assumption was that all cards do not charge annual fee if you choose to cancel instead of paying them.

Just like to clarify, I paid the annual fee for the first year. The annual fee ocbc insists I pay are for the second year (just billed in statement)

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
:eek: Is that actually legal, charging for something you are not using? Is it in the T&Cs anywhere? My (possibly incorrect) assumption was that all cards do not charge annual fee if you choose to cancel instead of paying them.

5.3. OTHER CHARGES
In addition to the above, you shall also be responsible where applicable for the following charges (unless specifically waived by us) including but not limited to:
(a) non-refundable annual service fee for the issue and renewal of each Principal and Supplementary Card;

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5.3. OTHER CHARGES
In addition to the above, you shall also be responsible where applicable for the following charges (unless specifically waived by us) including but not limited to:
(a) non-refundable annual service fee for the issue and renewal of each Principal and Supplementary Card;

think the spirit of the above t&c is for those who used the card and then decide to cancel it say after a few weeks or months.

for those for decided to cancel the card when its due for renewal and the bank refused to waive the ANNUAL fee, its clearly gouging on the bank's part to insist that the customer pays the next year's annual fee even if he decided to cancel the card

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
think the spirit of the above t&c is for those who used the card and then decide to cancel it say after a few weeks or months.

for those for decided to cancel the card when its due for renewal and the bank refused to waive the ANNUAL fee, its clearly gouging on the bank's part to insist that the customer pays the next year's annual fee even if he decided to cancel the card

From my understanding, even if we are not using the card for the current year and we have been charged an annual fee - we are liable and any waiveer refund or pro-rate refund is solely OCBC's discretion. This is my conversation with the contact centre.

So safest way is to cancel the card, before issue of renewal or most importantly - before the annual fee is reflected on latest statement.

Hopefully OCBC can provide a reply on why this stance, which is rather hard than soft. Just my opinion :o

phelyk

Reaction score
Hi Awesom Andy,

There are charges to using your Voyage miles to redeem for KrisFlyer miles.

1,000 KrisFlyer miles = 1,000 Voyage miles + $3
5,000 KrisFlyer miles = 5,000 Voyage miles + $3
50,000 KrisFlyer miles = 50,000 Voyage miles + $20
100,000 KrisFlyer miles = 100,000 Voyage miles + $20
150,000 KrisFlyer miles = 150,000 Voyage miles + $20
200,000 KrisFlyer miles = 200,000 Voyage miles + $20
500,000 KrisFlyer miles = 500,000 Voyage miles + $20

To convert the Voyage Miles to KrisFlyer miles, you will need to register your KrisFlyer account with us.

You may do so by:

• SMS to 76062

<Miles> space <NRIC> space <KrisFlyer membership No.> space <Registered KrisFlyer Family Name> space <Registered KrisFlyer Given Name>

e.g. Miles S1234567A 8790000088 Tan Dennis

• Internet Banking > Rewards > Krisflyer pre-registration

^DG

Hi DG,

I saw that there was a change in the Krisflyer miles redemption structure. Could you update us on the 23 options available? I am redeeming some miles soon for a upcoming trip.

The note on the OCBC Voyage site states.

With effect from 4 July 2016 (the "Effective Date"), we will be amending the KrisFlyer Miles redemption structure to enable more flexibility:

There will be 23 options available for KrisFlyer Miles redemption for VOYAGE Miles.
Revision of Admin fee to a flat rate of S$25 per redemption.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
So now it seems that the Voyage miles isn't as valuable as when the card first started, and the fee to convert to KF continues to rise. Is there any reason to keep this card now even if the annual fee is waived?

phelyk

Reaction score
So now it seems that the Voyage miles isn't as valuable as when the card first started, and the fee to convert to KF continues to rise. Is there any reason to keep this card now even if the annual fee is waived?

I had ard 15000 points and wanted to transfer some over for an upcoming booking. On the ocbc Rewards site it seemed the only option was to transfer 10,000 points at $25. Hopefully there is more flexibility e.g transferring in increments of 5,000, 10,000,15,000 points etc. Citibank is the most flexible in this regard since you can transfer in any amounts you want.

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

why is there a NETS logo on the back of the card, but this function is not usable?

Also, will the pay wave function be applicable for future issues of this card?

thank you

NightWish_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just remember to cancel before the annual fee kicks in. if not very troublesome to get it waived. they keep directing me around until OCBC in the forum help to get someone call me

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

why is there a NETS logo on the back of the card, but this function is not usable?

Also, will the pay wave function be applicable for future issues of this card?

thank you

Hi Thai_Rak_Thai,

You will be able to use the NETS function when you link your Voyage card to your banking account. You could call +6564386088 to check on this.

As for the pay wave function, there are currently no updates for this.

^DG

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
I spoke to OCBC who updated me on some terms and conditions.

This is specific to Plaza Premium Lounge access only.

From now till end December 2017, cardholders will have unlimited access to lounge with one guest. I understand this is not updated on the Terms and Conditions yet, but it will be shortly.

vince123123

Reaction score

NightWish_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Voyage helped me to book 4 tickets to GNR concerts yesterday. Additonal $8 per ticket but I think its ok. Save me the trouble to book

synthez

Reaction score
Annual fee charge

Hi,

Just to clarify, the issue here is not with cancelling, it is having to pay the annual fee for the second year even if you cancel the card.

Hi coppee, could you please share with me how did you get this problem solved? I am facing the same problem. I called to cancel before the renewal date next month and was given similar lines over the phone. Told the CSO it's like asking me to pay rent but I am not living in the property?!
Thanks in advance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.