Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look carefully! The cooling capacity of MXY5G48VA is almost the same as MXY4A38VA. Yet, it cost more than 1k difference in term of compressor alone! Wtf!
bro. cannot compare based on cooling capacity alone.
you need to see its COP also.

COP (coefficient of performance) basically tells how energy efficient it is. per unit electrical energy it uses, how much heat energy it removes from the environment.
if you see the 5G, the COP is 5.76, compared to 4A COP of 4.57
Which means the 5G is more efficient.
compare the estimated price of the electrical bill: 5G is at $921, 4A is $1231.

if you still dont understand the difference between "Cooling capacity" vs "efficiency",
then just think along a car. a powerful car, may not necessarily be a fuel efficient car.

so at the end of the day do you prefer a powerful, fuel-guzzling car, or a slower yet more fuel efficient car.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody using LG aircon? Would appreciate if you share any comment. I'm looking to install this system 2 model.

A2UQ18GFA0
AMNC09GDBA2 x2

In particular if you installed this sys2 configuration, could you also tell me the price which you paid?

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

smilingbuddha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Any recommendations for system 2 aircon? Cheap but easy on the pocket when servicing. Its for a rented house. Thanks! :D

NoiRequiem

Reaction score
For the NEA energy calculator, if I input a multi split inverter, what does the "number of hours used per day" mean? If I input 16, does the calculator mean 16 total hours across all FCUs? Or is it 16 hours per FCU?

If I were to average (with a system 3), using 1 FCU 4hrs/day, 1 FCU 6hrs/day and another FCU 12hrs/day, what should I input for the "number of hours used per day"? Should I input 22hrs or 7.333hrs (22/3)?

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the NEA energy calculator, if I input a multi split inverter, what does the "number of hours used per day" mean? If I input 16, does the calculator mean 16 total hours across all FCUs? Or is it 16 hours per FCU?

If I were to average (with a system 3), using 1 FCU 4hrs/day, 1 FCU 6hrs/day and another FCU 12hrs/day, what should I input for the "number of hours used per day"? Should I input 22hrs or 7.333hrs (22/3)?
Each 16 hours. Enter 7.33 hours

ralfale

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any system 4 recommendations? Looking for something more affordable. Not very frequent user.

AirconQuotations

Suspended
Reaction score
Sharing a site that has compiled reviews of aircon brands and companies in Singapore for your easy reading before deciding which to use.

Found here: See Reviews of Singapore Aircon Brands (airconquotations.com/reviews/singapore-aircon-brands/) and Singapore Aircon Companies (airconquotations.com/reviews/singapore-aircon-companies/).

Disclaimer: I work with this website, but thought it might come in handy for those thinking of looking for air con installation and servicing. :s13:

NoiRequiem

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification on the energy calculator.

I received quotes from a few contractors for a System 3 and Cold Engine appears to offer the best value for money. Their standard materials are:

16mm pvc drainage pipe
Swg 22 copper pipe with half inch Armaflex insulation
Keystone/sigma 3 core 40/70 wire

Which is really good. If I were to get those kinds of materials, the quotes from other contractors would be usually be about $100 - $300 more. The only remaining concern would probably be installation/workmanship quality, but I can't seem to find that much information about them (or for most air con contractors). Going from the last few hundreds of replies in this thread though, it seems like they're fine.

Last edited:

pkchukiss

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody using LG aircon? Would appreciate if you share any comment. I'm looking to install this system 2 model.

A2UQ18GFA0
AMNC09GDBA2 x2

In particular if you installed this sys2 configuration, could you also tell me the price which you paid?

I got the LG A4UQ26GFA2 System 4 with 3 AMNC09GDBA2 (for bedrooms) and 1 AMNC24GDCA2 (for living room) from Gain City in March. I can turn on either 3 bedroom fan coils, or just the living room fan coil. So far, I've switched my unit on every night until morning since March.

This model is quite no frills, so no extra stuff like ioniser. I feel that the performance in my room is quite decent. I've only ever set it to 21 degrees once, and it could reach that temperature after around 1 hour from 29 degrees, so I consider it quite satisfactory. However, the 21 degrees test was done with only 2 rooms switched on.

My parents set the thermostat to 27 degrees in their room, so I think it's likely that's why the compressor has cooling power to spare.

Time from 29 degrees to 26 degrees (the temperature I usually set) is around 20 minutes on average. Longest I think was around 35 minutes when all 3 bedrooms started the aircon at the same time.

Once it reaches a few degrees below the set temperature, the compressor switches off (even though it's an inverter unit), and you can see the LED light (labelled Outdoor Unit) on the indoor unit switch off. But even with the compressor switched off, the fan coil still continues to blow air out; so if you feel weird about the recirculating room air with no cooling, then you may not like it.

I tried the dehumidifier function on my unit, but it doesn't allow me to set the temperature, so it just runs until it reaches a cut-off (not sure if that is a temperature, or humidity cut-off; there's no way for me to tell). I have a digital hygrometer in my room, so I can see it hovers around 39 to 54% relative humidity. Temperature is around 22 degrees when it cuts off. Then once in a while, the compressor kicks in (even though the RH is 50% thereabouts) for 15 minutes, and then goes off again. I tried to find out what algorithm it uses to determine when to stop/start, but so far not successful.

Operation wise is generally quiet, to me. But I'm quite a heavy sleeper, so I don't think I'm a good gauge.

Hope this helps.

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
sD1VfVwl.jpg

Service my air con regularly. 3y 3m. MHI.
Only 1 room have the picture leaking issue. Can any expert advise why so and what need to be done?

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

tyrtok

Reaction score
maybe ur water pipe has jello. need to flush/service it.
maybe your insulator is worn, condensation > leaking. [unlikely]

roundabout

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was quoted the following:
One system 2, and One system 3.

30400btu MXY-3A28VA
Mitsubishi MSY-GE24VA for Dining Room
MSY-GE24VA for Master room

30400btu MXY-3A28VA
Mitsubishi MSY-GE24VA for Living Room
MSY-GE13VA for room 2
MSY-GE13VA for room 3

Total 8.7K.

Have a couple of questions.

Is the model number represent the BTU? e.g. MSY-GE13VA = 13k BTU and MSY-GE24VA = 24k BTU

Room 2 and Room 3 is around 160-170 sqft.
Masterbedroom. Approx 310 sqft. But 1/3 will be partitioned off to be used as a walk in wardrobe.
I doubt that all the aircon units will be used at the same time.
Can I install less powerful aircon units instead?

Thanks!

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG air con promo for 5 years warranty for all parts, ending this june end. I wonder if anyone getting their air con considering the warranty and current LG red fair promo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.