 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
i just received my new credit card because my old credit card is expiring soon. anyone know if its required to delete the old card and add again?

i also want to know.
btw... some apple pay receipts show that the expiry date of the virtual card is diff from the actual card. there's also no instructions what to do when the virtual card is going to expire.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
i just received my new credit card because my old credit card is expiring soon. anyone know if its required to delete the old card and add again?

i also want to know.
btw... some apple pay receipts show that the expiry date of the virtual card is diff from the actual card. there's also no instructions what to do when the virtual card is going to expire.

Delete old card. Enter new card. I mean, how hard is that? New card have a diff CCV so just delete and add a new one.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Had a craving for bubble tea and was queueing for Koi at AMK station when I saw that they were accepting Apple Pay. Unlike most contactless card machines that are squarish, this one looked more like a NETS flashpoint machine that is rectangular in shape. It also had a UOB and apple pay logo.

I asked to pay via Apple pay, but said I didn't have a UOB card. The girl said it only worked with UOB cards. Quite weird as this was the first time I came across an apple pay terminal that only worked with a single bank. I guess the machine was specially supplied by UOB?

Just say apple pay. Take phone out to pay. See if it goes thru. If can, ignore whatever issue. If cannot, then think about the issue. :s22:

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had a craving for bubble tea and was queueing for Koi at AMK station when I saw that they were accepting Apple Pay. Unlike most contactless card machines that are squarish, this one looked more like a NETS flashpoint machine that is rectangular in shape. It also had a UOB and apple pay logo.

I asked to pay via Apple pay, but said I didn't have a UOB card. The girl said it only worked with UOB cards. Quite weird as this was the first time I came across an apple pay terminal that only worked with a single bank. I guess the machine was specially supplied by UOB?

The $1 offer is only for UOB. Not sure if all the branches have the standard paywave contactless machine or like at dunkin donuts at imm which only have a UOB mighty machine.

jermx9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Maybe cos the machines is a uob machine..lower charges to the shop for uob cards compared to other bank cards..

keltong

Reaction score
I tried at the NFC machine in KL over the weekend and it didn't work. Not sure why? I at first thought is because the country has not roll out Apple Pay but read that some manage to use.

So far in SG no problem. Some cashiers saw me use the phone and their eyes and mouth open big big. Say it's their first time seeing it. Haha.

Have also used Apple Pay on Indiegogo app.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Popular bookstore don't accept apple pay even though i told them its just like a freaking paywave or paypass lor. -.-

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
I tried at the NFC machine in KL over the weekend and it didn't work. Not sure why? I at first thought is because the country has not roll out Apple Pay but read that some manage to use.

So far in SG no problem. Some cashiers saw me use the phone and their eyes and mouth open big big. Say it's their first time seeing it. Haha.

those cashiers auntie uncle, they know nothing abt technology.

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Popular bookstore don't accept apple pay even though i told them its just like a freaking paywave or paypass lor. -.-

I used it in popular. Just tell them pay wave and tap with phone when ready. Don't need to insist on "Apple Pay" :)

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

then did u use your physical paywave/paypass card and get thru?
and is your data roaming turned on? just wan to confirm cause someone successfully use it overseas with data roaming.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
I used it in popular. Just tell them pay wave and tap with phone when ready. Don't need to insist on "Apple Pay" :)

discussed before already. popular bookstore's management officially refuses to accept phone payment. when cashiers (who follow orders) see u taking out your phone (nothing to do with the word "apple pay" or "samsung pay". u say paywave/paypass then take out phone also same.) they will immediately tell u their management rejects phone.
but some branches may not follow orders and let u use.
diff branch diff policy.

Last edited:

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
discussed before already. popular bookstore's management officially refuses to accept phone payment. when cashiers (who follow orders) see u taking out your phone (nothing to do with the word "apple pay" or "samsung pay". u say paywave/paypass then take out phone also same.) they will immediately tell u their management rejects phone.
but some branches may not follow orders and let u use.
diff branch diff policy.

And I am telling you that it works when you tell them pay wave before you take out the phone. Never had anyone reject me before when I say pay wave. Given up on saying apple pay as it is a hassle to explain

Slavor

Reaction score
And I am telling you that it works when you tell them pay wave before you take out the phone. Never had anyone reject me before when I say pay wave. Given up on saying apple pay as it is a hassle to explain

Totally agree with this. I paid at 2 separate popular outlets and I just said pay wave.

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't think you need data for Apple Pay to work. The other time I used Apple Pay at popular and forgot to turn my data back on after using free wifi and it worked

then did u use your physical paywave/paypass card and get thru?
and is your data roaming turned on? just wan to confirm cause someone successfully use it overseas with data roaming.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

doesn't work for me. i said paywave and i took out my phone, they ask me whether are u using ur phone and pay.

wanted to argue further but there was a long queue behind me so i lan lan took out my card and tap instead.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.