Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooble515

Reaction score
What is the link of ur setup box ah?
And ur area?
My place is at hougang, based on the road map, it is supposed to be ready for indoor. The weird parts, is I can receive all the HD channels, starting thought is Media corp problem, but now already 2 weeks.

gooble515

Reaction score
Check your signal strength, probably got to relocate your antenna. It's a try and error thingy, especially so if your area is not indoor reception ready or have very weak signal to begin with. If this is the case then getting an active antenna is one solution.
Thanks for sharing, already try move antenna to different places, but didn't work. Don't know why last few months can received, now can't receive. Can use cable point (Starhub TV point to try out), but seem the connector side not the same.

Frederic93

Reaction score
No sure if i need a set up box

Hi, my tv is a old lcd tv, it has a dvb logo and the setting seems to be able to scan digital but doesn't have the new digital ready logo.

So does that mean i juz have to buy or build a very good antenna?

Thks!:)

Silencer

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually for pple who don't want an ugly external antenna can hoot this mediacenter box

559e9ab8-906c-44fe-be81-24c025fc7e5d-5592b5e79c944d3282eb5e6625fc7e5dWeTekopenELEChousingpreview-preview.jpg

WETEK OPENELEC BOX WITH DVB-C/T/T2 TUNER

This box come with DVB-T/T2/C tuner
So you can directly connect the antenna cable from Starhub SCV socket to this box to watch the digital Free-to-air Mediacorp channels as Starhub is using DVB-C

But this box is not plug and play. Need to do some software configuration so more for pple who are comfortable with doing such configuration

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, my tv is a old lcd tv, it has a dvb logo and the setting seems to be able to scan digital but doesn't have the new digital ready logo.

So does that mean i juz have to buy or build a very good antenna?

Thks!:)

How old is the TV? Probably only support DVB-T not DVB-T2.

As for antenna, use MATV port if your house has one otherwise look around for those old telescopic (rabbit-ear) antenna before buying any.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my samsung model is LA32B650T1MXXS.

I also not sure when the tv was bought.

Check the TV manual, those model release before 2013 is likely to support only DVB-T. In short, a DVB-T2 STB (and antenna) is require.

You can double confirm with Samsung support with regard to this.

Frederic93

Reaction score
Check the TV manual, those model release before 2013 is likely to support only DVB-T. In short, a DVB-T2 STB (and antenna) is require.

You can double confirm with Samsung support with regard to this.

So it may only support dvb-T digital but not dvb-T2?

tribalhere

Reaction score
can I know is there a way to reassign TV channel when we received digital tv channel....seems like we have to use the remote to scroll up and down to lcate the channel.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can I know is there a way to reassign TV channel when we received digital tv channel....seems like we have to use the remote to scroll up and down to lcate the channel.

This is basic feature, check your TV manual for the how-to.

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
My dvb-t2 box connected to the matv point sometimes no signal.

Is there a dvb-c box that I can purchase and connect to the scv point?

joetan123

Reaction score
Hi guys. Having a little problem here, my channel u signal quality intermittently drops to 0% and then back to 100%, however signal strength is always around 70.

It only occurs on channel u! My area is pasir ris btw. Does anybody encounter this problem? My antenna is off the shelf one though.

This problems occur on 2 TVs, one with the off the shelf antenna and another with my home made one. Only occurs on channel u. Please any bro have any idea what's going on help me.

vrshadow

Reaction score
Hi, bought Funke 5.1. Plugged in and scanned. No channels received. Manual scanning shows various channel Signal strength above 70% but signal quality 0%. In Punggol. 2016 Panasonic listed in mda website as certified digital TV.

Anyone facing same issue or have any advice? Thanks!

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My dvb-t2 box connected to the matv point sometimes no signal.

Is there a dvb-c box that I can purchase and connect to the scv point?

Why not simply get an indoor antenna to test out first? Getting another STB seem kind of extreme.

My guess is the connector in the MATV could have be rusty resulting in bad connection. The signal and strength level on my MATV hover around 20% but can still get good reception.

lee-turbo

Master Member
Reaction score
just a quick check
only need DVB T2 no need tvb-c or etc right?
looking to buy a tv now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.