Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah cannot tahan for so long lo.. maybe now go kansai first..how many days enough ah for osaka-kyoto-nara? or maybe can add in some city which is nearby then i go 10days lo..

Kyoto is quite big. to explore slowly need around 6 days maybe

Then u can add in Osaka, Nara, Kobe, Himeji

Then that's 10 days. Some people would prefer 10 days chiong both Kyoto and Tokyo. For me, no point since can't explore.

normally even for me, 10 days is purely Tokyo and 2 weeks is Kyoto.

chainer22

Reaction score
hi all, i am planning to check out Nikko + Okukino Onsen/Yunishigawa Onsen.

Intending to spend 2 days.
- morning depart from Shinagawa to Nikko
- explore Nikko
- Depart from Nikko to Okukino Onsen/Yunishigawa Onsen
- Stay at Okukino Onsen/Yunishigawa Onsen for the night and return to Tokyo the next afternoon

Is above feasible? Worth getting the Tokyo Wide pass for this? Or any better transport alternative?

Also, any advice for booking of accommodation at Okukino Onsen/Yunishigawa Onsen?

Last edited:

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi sexpert,
First trip to japan go osaka-kyoto-nara ok bo?
Or die die must go tokyo first?
If you only have ~1wk and you prefer the more traditional part of Japan then why not?

If ~2wks then can do Kansai and Tokyo.

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

THank! i saw this before but their website is in Jap when come to buy ticket. Is there any way i can buy ticket online?

no need to buy in advance.

the bus ticketing office is right outside the JR train station…………just buy the ticket one day in advance ok liao…………..a Chinese-speaking ticketing lady served me.

divingwithme

Reaction score
no need to buy in advance.

the bus ticketing office is right outside the JR train station…………just buy the ticket one day in advance ok liao…………..a Chinese-speaking ticketing lady served me.

o.. ok thanks a lot. I thought need to reserve before hand

thwysg

Reaction score
o.. ok thanks a lot. I thought need to reserve before hand

It would be better if you got your ticket(s) at the bus terminal in advance. At least one day. Get it when you reach Takayama. We got our tickets two days before our trip in mid April during the day and there was a notice indicating the seats for all the trips for that day had been sold out. Only the trip from Shirakawago to Kanazawa needs no reservation.

divingwithme

Reaction score
It would be better if you got your ticket(s) at the bus terminal in advance. At least one day. Get it when you reach Takayama. We got our tickets two days before our trip in mid April during the day and there was a notice indicating the seats for all the trips for that day had been sold out. Only the trip from Shirakawago to Kanazawa needs no reservation.

Ah.. Thanks! I only wil reach Takayama after I visit the Tateyama Alpine rote. So i hope by the time i reach Takayama the bus station is still open HAHA.

thwysg

Reaction score
Ah.. Thanks! I only wil reach Takayama after I visit the Tateyama Alpine rote. So i hope by the time i reach Takayama the bus station is still open HAHA.

The ticketing office closes at 6pm daily.
http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/highwaybus/shirakawago.pdf

chainer22

Reaction score
any recommendations for onsen places near Tokyo? will be bonus if its a ryokan that allows overnight stay :D

thwysg

Reaction score
there are sites that is more catered to hot spring hotels

you can try agoda also, there is a lot listed on expedia already

Or try these websites -
1. Jalan.net
2. Rakuten Travel
3. Japanican
4. japanguesthouses.com

ideline

Reaction score
Hi guys,

it's my first time travelling to Japan (for 7 days, 4 days tokyo 3 days kyoto) and i would need some advice to know if i have got the details below correct. Appreciate if someone could advise based on below.

I am travelling from Tokyo to Kyoto then directly back to Haneda Airport.

I am considering to take limousine bus from Haneda airport to Shinjuku (as i am with my parents so taking bus will be a better choice with the addition of luggages)

Shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto 13600yen

Kyoto to Haneda airport: Kyoto to Shinagawa Station 8210yen, Keikyu Airport Express to Haneda airport 410yen

I have read that if I am taking a round trip for Tokyo and Kyoto, it will be better to get a JR pass. However, if i were to take the above route, is it not worthwhile to get a JR Pass? Unless i am travelling from Kyoto Stn to Tokyo Stn then to Hamamatsucho Station and take Tokyo Monorail to Haneda Airport which is all covered by JR pass?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.