Medishield Comparison. Find out which is the cheapest

icyboiz

U bought the most expensive plan covering up to pte hospital and riders?

not necessary the most expensive, still depends on age band. think there's still other companies that's more ex. good thing about this is that it covers 365 days post hospitalization and annual limit of 1million as compared to other company which only covers up to 180 days and about 600-700+ annual limit. that's almost double of what other integrated shield plans provide. if you ask me it's worth it.

one illness usually follow up 1 year, appointment wait 2-3 month each time, how many appointment can it cover for 180 days.

EDIT: Not to mention, their riders are the cheapest

harky

Hospitalisation in
a Community Hospital

NTUC
As charged
(up to 90 days for each admission)

AXA
As Charged, up to 45 days
per hospitalisation

icyboiz

Hospitalisation in
a Community Hospital

NTUC
As charged
(up to 90 days for each admission)

AXA
As Charged, up to 45 days
per hospitalisation

NTUC.

pre hospitalization 90 days
post hospitalization 90 day
Annual claim limit 700k

AXA

pre hospitalization 180 days
post hospitalization 365 days.
annual claim limit 1million
riders are cheapest as well.

EDIT: in no way supporting any company, but not to mentioned NTUC have quite a bad reputation for claim processes, NTUC are just cheap for most of their products. but their claim processes are really well known on the bad side

harky

i dont see young, young everything is cheap.. let see more elder age.
for this case is for my mom @ age 67

think of jump ship but in the end i think ntuc is slightly cheaper n better.

If i compare
AXA Shield (Standard Plan)
with
Enhanced IncomeShield Basic (Restructured hospital for ward class B1 and below)
NTUC win

AXA Shield Plan B is like NTUC Enhanced IncomeShield Advantage

icyboiz

i dont see young, young everything is cheap.. let see more elder age.
for this case is for my mom @ age 67

think of jump ship but in the end i think ntuc is slightly cheaper n better.

If i compare
AXA Shield (Standard Plan)
with
Enhanced IncomeShield Basic (Restructured hospital for ward class B1 and below)
NTUC win

AXA Shield Plan B is like NTUC Enhanced IncomeShield Advantage

yeap as mentioned in my previous post, ntuc plans are usually quite cheap. but bad reputation on that claim processes, personally i did not claim anything from ntuc before, but i heard their claim processes damn slow and hard to claim.

if it's me i wont go for a cheap hospitalization plan. hospitalization plans don need save one, cause getting a hospitalization plan itself will save you alot when really warded. (in short i won't look at anything below plan B)

but of cause if budget is your concern, then yep go for something that is in yours or your mum budget :)

EDIT: take note that there's waiting period for hospitalization plans, can't remember exactly how long, but if im not wrong it's quite long either 30-60days? means within the time frame if warded, it wont cover.

EDJT again: oh ya take note integrated shield plan generally have longer processing time, around 2-3 weeks. because need submit case, apply, then send to cpf, then wait for them to send back to insurer, then underwrite. if got any issues with processing might need even longer time.

harky

ya budget is the main concern :s13::s13:
young everything get the best, anyway is cheap. :s13::s13:

if i just upgrade her plan.... also wont cover?
but still need to upgrade. She still health with no issue

yeap as mentioned in my previous post, ntuc plans are usually quite cheap. but bad reputation on that claim processes, personally i did not claim anything from ntuc before, but i heard their claim processes damn slow and hard to claim.

if it's me i wont go for a cheap hospitalization plan. hospitalization plans don need save one, cause getting a hospitalization plan itself will save you alot when really warded. (in short i won't look at anything below plan B)

but of cause if budget is your concern, then yep go for something that is in yours or your mum budget :)

EDIT: take note that there's waiting period for hospitalization plans, can't remember exactly how long, but if im not wrong it's quite long either 30-60days? means within the time frame if warded, it wont cover.

EDJT again: oh ya take note integrated shield plan generally have longer processing time, around 2-3 weeks. because need submit case, apply, then send to cpf, then wait for them to send back to insurer, then underwrite. if got any issues with processing might need even longer time.

icyboiz

ya budget is the main concern :s13::s13:
young everything get the best, anyway is cheap. :s13::s13:

haha, that's true for other insurances, but not exactly true for shield plans, cause shield plan is by per year basis and scaled yearly according to age band.

EDIT : saw your edit haha, if just upgrade i think it will be faster and whether will have waiting period or not im not sure, it's better if you check with ntuc agents themsleves. :)

harky

when u get older, u will downgrade :s13::s13::s13:

i sign my mom plan in 2006, i tot is standard ma.. even there are change in plan they should AUTO change, maybe just info us that premiums will be more higher.. how i know i still need to upgrade it :s22::s22:

so ma fan.

my owe one is under GE , i young so i jump ship
ntuc -> pru -> GE

haha, that's true for other insurances, but not exactly true for shield plans, cause shield plan is by per year basis and scaled yearly according to age band.

EDIT : saw your edit haha, if just upgrade i think it will be faster and whether will have waiting period or not im not sure, it's better if you check with ntuc agents themsleves. :)

icyboiz

when u get older, u will downgrade :s13::s13::s13:

i sign my mom plan in 2006, i tot is standard ma.. even there are change in plan they should AUTO change, maybe just info us that premiums will be more higher.. how i know i still need to upgrade it :s22::s22:

so ma fan.

my owe one is under GE , i young so i jump ship
ntuc -> pru -> GE

haha true, most probably when i get older i wlll downgrade, but no issue with downgrading doesnt affect much. Now im holding on to A, the next time i downgrade to B will probably be 10-20 years later. so it's still a significant time away. many things could happen during this period (touch wood).

harky

My agent very bad!! She say upgrade need witness.. But I just now @ service centre, the advicer say no need. Just get mom to sign and bring the form to service centre can liao.

!! So angry

icyboiz

My agent very bad!! She say upgrade need witness.. But I just now @ service centre, the advicer say no need. Just get mom to sign and bring the form to service centre can liao.

!! So angry

Huh got such thing meh never heard upgrading need witness before. Unless your mum don't understand English etc. Even so as Long as you're around help your mum translate can Liao what. Why will Need witness

harky

The witness only need if is first time apply but upgrade no need.. Think the agent want to meet me and mom to sell more stuff.. Lol

But than again I help my mom Buy and pay so I am actually the policy holder which my mom is not.

Huh got such thing meh never heard upgrading need witness before. Unless your mum don't understand English etc. Even so as Long as you're around help your mum translate can Liao what. Why will Need witness

IndianChief

Chief's AXA shield application over 2 months still not yet finalised.. Only received letter of acceptance.. Still no certificate and coverage hasn't started.. In CPF it still shows my current insurer

icyboiz

Chief's AXA shield application over 2 months still not yet finalised.. Only received letter of acceptance.. Still no certificate and coverage hasn't started.. In CPF it still shows my current insurer

yea. from what i heard, cause recently just launched only, then there's alot of people that switched over to AXA, basically mass chunk of application to process. hence the major delay. i do admit this is one segment that AXA can learn and be better in future. im guessing by july it should smoothen out already.

Lewis.T

The witness only need if is first time apply but upgrade no need.. Think the agent want to meet me and mom to sell more stuff.. Lol

But than again I help my mom Buy and pay so I am actually the policy holder which my mom is not.

Your mum still needs to sign no? As the life assured. That's the case for my company anyway.

harky

Yes, need to sign but no need to sign on spot with agent around as this is just a upgrade

Your mum still needs to sign no? As the life assured. That's the case for my company anyway.

harky

Just pass the form to service centre, it say it will be approved within 2 week.

This is for upgrade applying

StealthShadow

I was looking up integrated shield plans for myself. I noticed this on the GE website:

What's not covered:
Critical illness: To help pay for treatment expenses across three stages of illness - early, intermediate and critical - consider Critical Care Advantage.

Does this mean that all integrated shield plans do not pay for early stage cancer treatment, hospitalisation, chemo, etc? Must buy rider for this?

icyboiz

I was looking up integrated shield plans for myself. I noticed this on the GE website:

What's not covered:
Critical illness: To help pay for treatment expenses across three stages of illness - early, intermediate and critical - consider Critical Care Advantage.

Does this mean that all integrated shield plans do not pay for early stage cancer treatment, hospitalisation, chemo, etc? Must buy rider for this?

you can consider other company's shield. didnt hear about this on other AXA's IP. do double check though

harky

Where to find the updated Medishield Comparison chart of all company?

This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.