Is it possible to change a region of a ps3 game disc?

TsubasaOzora

Reaction score
Hi all,
i have a dynasty warrior 8(dw8) region 3 and a dynasty warrior 8 xtreme legend(dw8XL) region 2.

When i try to import the data from dw8 to dw8XL, it says disc incorrect which i assume it to be the difference in region.

Therefore can i ask is it possible to change the regions in the disc? like from region 2 to region 3? THANKS ALL =:p

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Of cos not! If can any how change region then why bother having region in the first place?

You also cannot change the region of your save file. If you played a game halfway in region 3 and then want to play the exact same game in region 2 (for example you bought the R3 disc game, then the R2 digital goes on sale real cheap so you decide to buy digital and sell the disc), the different region game very likely won't be able to read your existing save file.

Of cos there are many exceptions but by default assume that games are not cross-region compatible. Same goes for DLCs too, if game is R2, don't buy R3 DLCs.

Assume games are not cross-language compatible either unless you know the developer intentionally implemented it (there are some that actually do). For example if you played DW8 R3 English and bought DW8 R3 Chinese or DW8XL R3 Chinese, don't expect to be able to read/import the saved file.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.