samsung pay

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tap and pay settings should always be set to default as using samsung pay. Because there's only Samsung pay as of now. When android pay comes in, then perhaps it will be of a difference.

As confirmed with a Samsung colleague, nfc transit sim card and Samsung pay uses both different algorithms and they shouldn't conflict each other.

I have the same issue as you, that is likely to be due to the reader side, or your phone issue. I have thus stopped using nfc transit sim card cos it's unreliable. Out of 10 tries, 4 or 5 times will fail. If scanned repeatedly, the sim card cepas number will be temporarily blocked and u we have to reset at the transit link office. :(

That why we need LTA to push for integrating with EZ-Link into Samsung Pay that may never come.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Found out today that MRT GTM machines (at least the ones at CCK) now accept credit cards for for top-up, via both Paywave/Paypass and traditional insert/swipe, tried both methods with Samsung Pay, but both transactions not approved due to some "host error" or smth liddat

Good to hear that, but it's ages since I top up my Ezlink card manually, I use auto top up feature from bank, no need waste time queue or scare no money in card.

lawreo2002

Reaction score
I just received the free wireless fast charger from Samsung pay promo. but when I tried to charge my S7 Edge there is no fast wireless charging when used with the original charger and wire. can anyone please help ? or I need to go Plaza sing to sort this out? thanks

Lyz1999

Reaction score
wow... good to hear that. that means no need to use atm card (NETS) to top up at GTM machine and no need to key in NETS PIN.
didn't see the paywave/paypass option during my previous mrt top up. is it still using the old payment reader or replaced to a new contactless reader?
at least use paywave/paypass or samsung pay is faster than using traditional NETS. :s12:

It still looks like the old reader (like the ones at NTUC?) but difference being the screen of the terminal lights up now telling u to insert or tap card depending on what u select

jlekssp

Master Member
Reaction score
there is no problem at all. i have no issue. it is just the setting. you need to set the option such that when the app open, use it instead of the default Samsung Pay.

Tap and pay settings should always be set to default as using samsung pay. Because there's only Samsung pay as of now. When android pay comes in, then perhaps it will be of a difference.

As confirmed with a Samsung colleague, nfc transit sim card and Samsung pay uses both different algorithms and they shouldn't conflict each other.

I have the same issue as you, that is likely to be due to the reader side, or your phone issue. I have thus stopped using nfc transit sim card cos it's unreliable. Out of 10 tries, 4 or 5 times will fail. If scanned repeatedly, the sim card cepas number will be temporarily blocked and u we have to reset at the transit link office. :(

danong

Reaction score
I just received the free wireless fast charger from Samsung pay promo. but when I tried to charge my S7 Edge there is no fast wireless charging when used with the original charger and wire. can anyone please help ? or I need to go Plaza sing to sort this out? thanks
Need to turn on Fast Charging in S7 also

Mrtdog

Reaction score
Urs won during week1 event? Black wireless charging stand?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

NotsoGoodMan

Reaction score
Any idea for those MST machine, what does the cashier need to do after we tap our phone on the MST reader? Tapping activates the machine, but the cashier says need to key in a code. Shouldn't she be the one to key in?

TrueB1ue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The **** samsung store pple kuku one. Use MST machine....tap already. Print out ask me sign. I ask him why need to sign...isnt it just tap n pay only. He reply still need to sign...maybe this samsung pay is more secured only....i look at him......haiz....another stupid pple who don know their job n technology

Last edited:

nanotech25

Reaction score
The stupid samsung store pple kuku one. Use MST machine....tap already. Print out ask me sign. I ask him why need to sign...isnt it just tap n pay only. He reply still need to sign...maybe this samsung pay is more secured only....i look at him......haiz....another stupid pple who don know their job n technology

I think MST payments some need to sign one. Or maybe setup samsung pay that time you never enter in your signature that why they ask you to sign? Only NFC paywave/paypass then confirm no need to sign.

Last edited:

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The stupid samsung store pple kuku one. Use MST machine....tap already. Print out ask me sign. I ask him why need to sign...isnt it just tap n pay only. He reply still need to sign...maybe this samsung pay is more secured only....i look at him......haiz....another stupid pple who don know their job n technology

Dun scold stupid ...not nice!

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score

which Samsung store? so can avoid next time

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
It still looks like the old reader (like the ones at NTUC?) but difference being the screen of the terminal lights up now telling u to insert or tap card depending on what u select

is it because the GTM uses similar terminal as ntuc (samsung pay not stable at ntuc) that's why samsung pay not work?
anyone use samsung pay or apple pay at GTM machine to top up ezlink/flashpay and successful?
when my ezlink runs low i will try... lol.

tjrsasea

Reaction score

Lol wut.. you don't even know your stuff and called people stupid? Of course you need sign lah if not the receipt under the "please sign here" is blank.

Samsung pay is just an alternative to using cards and yes, it does offer slightly better security and have security features.. but take note it so called "tricked" the card reader into thinking you swiped the physical card so of course you must still sign as per paying with card if the merchant requests for it, esp if the transaction is not a small amount. The reader dk you used samsung pay... Wait till samsung release their own payment device (eg phone reader) then you can truly pay without signing.. fancy calling people stupid and making a fuss just cos you have to sign.. smh

Last edited:

ATN888

Reaction score
I think MST payments some need to sign one. Or maybe setup samsung pay that time you never enter in your signature that why they ask you to sign? Only NFC paywave/paypass then confirm no need to sign.

hmmm i also wondering why sometimes need to sign, sometimes no need. few times at 711 n ntuc no need sign. remembered >$100 was asked to sign, so I thought less than $100 no need to sign. But that day $20+ also need to sign:s22: hahaha maybe I blur but this sungpay thingy is getting interesting:s13:

TrueB1ue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

once i tap... my phone immediately received the alert say samsung pay payment at the store. and the slips show wireless payment

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.