Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

honestguy

Reaction score

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can wait, buying from eBay is cheaper and "higher" power. Avg delivery time for me is about 14 days for item coming from China/HK.

For your consideration.

Free delivery? Is there any particular one that you recommend?

Thanks.

jenny89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I got a digital TV dvb-t2
I only need antenna?

If my TV is old plasma TV, I need a box and antenna?

honestguy

Reaction score
Free delivery? Is there any particular one that you recommend?

Thanks.
Yes, free delivery. I think buying from any sellers is the same as long they have good ratings.

The seller I bought from, increased the price recently, though I received it quite fast, around 10 days later. Here is the ref:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161953703372

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, free delivery. I think buying from any sellers is the same as long they have good ratings.

The seller I bought from, increased the price recently, though I received it quite fast, around 10 days later. Here is the ref:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161953703372

The one in the link seems to be for DVB-T TV. I read somewhere it is different from DVB-T2?

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone staying at Punggol?

I am only able to receive HD 5, 8, Suria, Vasamtham and a test channel smoothly.

However, I am able to detect CNA, Okto but the signal isn't strong enough for broadcast.

Is it normal?

Thanks!

honestguy

Reaction score
The one in the link seems to be for DVB-T TV. I read somewhere it is different from DVB-T2?

I had the same query as well. After I checked the Mediacorp website for the UHF frequency and this antenna covers it, I just went ahead. I am using it for at least 2 months w/of any issue.

jenny89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung 40J5200
Is this digital TV?
The seller say is.
But I beo beo. Like Nv state it is

dexter9898

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am writing from the UK. My in-laws have just bought a new BTO flat in Woodlands. They picked up the keys a couple of months back. I will be travelling to SG next month to stay with them. I have bought them a TV as a gift. The TV I've bought is a Hisense LHD32D50TUK. See: amazon.co.uk/dp/B0193G6F32/
The
This a UK model. I've looked through the setup in the TV, testing it out before I take it to SG. With regards to DVB-T2 tuning, there's no option for Singapore. Several European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Arab...but no Singapore.

The result is that when I try to tune the DVT channels, the required frequency is not there. E.G., Ch5HD is 599.250 MHz (I believe, according to Wikipedia). This is equal to 599250 kHz. The countries I select for tuning have differing increments, but none of them hit the spot for 599250 kHz. It's either slightly above or slightly below.

What should I do? In the absence of Singapore being listed in the TV's settings, is there another country I could select which has the same tuning increments as Singapore? As yet, I haven't tried them all. There are a lot.

Or should I return this TV and change it for one that either has Singapore listed in the tuning settings or allows me to select any tuning increments?

The second part of my question: do I need to buy a DVT indoor aerial, or is a new-build HDB flat likely to have a suitable aerial socket already there?

Any help appreciated!

Frequency allocations for UK and SG are the same, therefore these are the channels that u can try to manually tune: Ch 29 (538MHz), Ch 31 (554MHz) & Ch 33 (570MHz) on the digital tuner. Only difference that I can think of is the DVB-T2 standard that both countries are using.

Not sure if this TV support DVB-T2 v1.3.1; the standard used in SG. UK's Freeview is using DVB-T2 v1.2.1 standard (older standard as they launched their DVB-T2 transmission earlier).

dexter9898

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am only able to receive HD 5, 8, Suria, Vasamtham and a test channel smoothly.

However, I am able to detect CNA, Okto but the signal isn't strong enough for broadcast.

Is it normal?

Thanks!

Are you using an indoor antenna? Try placing it on another location such as near to the window.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it normal?

Thanks!

How does the test channel look like

:s13::s13:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

DVB-t and DVB-t2 share the same antenna. The difference between t and t2 is the modulation scheme. It is more important to check its working frequency range.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.