Reaction score
k4TiBed.jpg

First GSS hoot came :)

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
experimenting with usb decrapifiers.

IUfUEtF.jpg
Do let us know how it goes, thinking of getting a Schiit Wyrd and perhaps a line conditioner. Just realized my electrical supply damn noisy, got some cheap magnetic filters and it helped cleared out the soft watery static and crackling sound on my speakers. Didn't know a simple thing like magnets on electrical cables can clear out all that noise.

bunnypangsai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I experience clicking sound when using dx80 usb dac. Could the USB port affect such problem?

Do let us know how it goes, thinking of getting a Schiit Wyrd and perhaps a line conditioner. Just realized my electrical supply damn noisy, got some cheap magnetic filters and it helped cleared out the soft watery static and crackling sound on my speakers. Didn't know a simple thing like magnets on electrical cables can clear out all that noise.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I experience clicking sound when using dx80 usb dac. Could the USB port affect such problem?
Had read that USB ports supply both data and current at same time, so it can get noisy as well. Not sure about this, hence, asking Nitrile bro for some feedback.

When I played UT3 (yes, some of us still play it, albeit SP only) and when the game engine is engaged (the part where you're supposed to click 'Fire' to start the game), I'd noticed a soft whirring noise, I'd thought that it was it infamous coil whine. When I play some music, I don't hear that noise, so I figured it couldn't be helped.

I was told by the Oppo technician that my electrical outlets and extension cords were prolly very noisy. I was at SLS yesterday and bought eight pieces of these magnetic filters (see below). I'd used them on my speaker power cables, both my Gustard X12 and H10, my computer PSU cable (don't think this one was necessary, but hey, since I'd gotten quite a few, I figured why not)
magnetic%20filter_zpsryf7eit4.jpg

Suddenly, when I play UT3, I don't hear that noise anymore, couldn't believe my ears! Tried playing UT3 a few times separately through the course of the day and got the same result, no more weird noise from my speakers.

Last edited:

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had read that USB ports supply both data and current at same time, so it can get noisy as well. Not sure about this, hence, asking Nitrile bro for some feedback.

When I played UT3 (yes, some of us still play it, albeit SP only) and when the game engine is engaged (the part where you're supposed to click 'Fire' to start the game), I'd noticed a soft whirring noise, I'd thought that it was it infamous coil whine. When I play some music, I don't hear that noise, so I figured it couldn't be helped.

I was told by the Oppo technician that my electrical outlets and extension cords were prolly very noisy. I was at SLS yesterday and bought eight pieces of these magnetic filters (see below). I'd used them on my speaker power cables, both my Gustard X12 and H10, my computer PSU cable (don't think this one was necessary, but hey, since I'd gotten quite a few, I figured why not)

Suddenly, when I play UT3, I don't hear that noise anymore, couldn't believe my ears! Tried playing UT3 a few times separately through the course of the day and got the same result, no more weird noise from my speakers.

time to invest on some proper power conditioning

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
time to invest on some proper power conditioning
Oh yeah, I'm looking into this. Looking at a Weiduka AC8.8 and also wanna try the Schiit Wyrd, doesn't hurt to clean up signal from the USB ports as well. Any thoughts on these gears?

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How much one of these costs? I may want to try with my tube amp's power supply

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much one of these costs? I may want to try with my tube amp's power supply
Hey bro, it's $2/pc, bought it from a shop on 2nd level in SLS. Shop is located t back past AVIT (I've sworn to never step into AVIT ever again) on the right.

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NBtpS9m.jpg

Budget cable hoots from LHS.

Belden 1800F for XLR interconnects
And canare L2E5 mini XLR to XLR for my headphones.

Time to listen!

feWuew7.jpg

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waited 1 year to finally upgrade my desktop DAC + headphone amp. definitely not placebo effect ... noticeable differences.

Now looking for balanced cable for HD800. any advise is appreciated !! :D

28jifk2.jpg

2dj9njr.jpg

2110ym0.jpg

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey bro, it's $2/pc, bought it from a shop on 2nd level in SLS. Shop is located t back past AVIT (I've sworn to never step into AVIT ever again) on the right.

Thanks bro, I got time I go try them out

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.