Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
After multiple mentions of Cold Engine here, I got my system 3 installed yesterday by them as well. It was a team of 3, although two of them couldn't speak very much English (my Chinese is quite bad) so I could really only converse with one who was also the team leader I think. Workmanship is decent from what I can tell and they do offer 2 year warranty on that, although the second year excludes insulation problems. They did clean up most of the debris although thorough cleaning still had to be done as there was plenty of fine plaster. Registered warranty online with no problems as well (extra 3 months on top of the promotion). Overall, very satisfied with the purchase.

Which aircon brand and model you bought

NoiRequiem

Reaction score
After multiple mentions of Cold Engine here, I got my system 3 installed yesterday by them as well. It was a team of 3, although two of them couldn't speak very much English (my Chinese is quite bad) so I could really only converse with one who was also the team leader I think. Workmanship is decent from what I can tell and they do offer 2 year warranty on that, although the second year excludes insulation problems. All the relevant checks and procedures were also performed, though I can't say how well it was done as I'm not an expert. They did clean up most of the debris although thorough cleaning still had to be done as there was plenty of fine plaster. Registered warranty online with no problems as well (extra 3 months on top of the promotion). Overall, very satisfied with the purchase.

eting72

Reaction score
is this any good? Panasonic system 4.
ec4C5yal.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

i_dun_understand

Reaction score
sorry to ask a noob question... how to tell which indoor unit is having the 9k or 12k or 24k BTU output

Brand: Mitsubishi Starmex
Outdoor unit:MXY-3G28VA

Indoor unit: MSXY-FJ05/07/10/13/18/24VE

Was looking at the specification but dunno how to read

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Indoor unit usually from the model number can tell liao.

i_dun_understand

Reaction score
Indoor unit usually from the model number can tell liao.

thks.. found some info on another website whereby it state:

MSXY-FJ10VE = 9k BTU

MSXY-FJ18VE = 18k BTU.

Another noob question.. for the indoor unit, can I choose which model to use (eg: both units to be 18k BTU model) as long as the outdoor unit can support or it is a standard package

Reaction score
My son will soon be moving into his 4-Room HDB Resale apartment. The master room and adjoining room comes with a Fujitsu Inverter split unit run by a compressor.

As these units appeared to be pretty new, probably less than 3 years at most, i would like to know if it is possible to add a similar model to the 3rd bedroom, and replacing the current compressor? Or would it be advisable to just replace a new 3 unit split air cond system?

Thank you.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is possible. But you need to find a compatible compressor for the current 2 fancoils. If it's an old model, you might have trouble finding. But if it's recent enough then it is possible.

Technically if the fancoils are working fine, don't need to replace. But the piping and coolant is another thing. You might wanna replace those.

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can also consider another system 1 for the third room. Need to install extra powerpoint, and check if air con ledge can accomodate two compressor. FOr simplicity, just get a window unit, but this will be noisy.

Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate your replies. Cost wise, I guess getting a 3 unit split complete with new trunking and compressor will be more cost effective. A window unit as mentioned, will be noisy in comparison.

Cheers!

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is this any good? Panasonic system 4.
ec4C5yal.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

i assume is from courts. i need to know the compressor model to know the max power and ticks to comment. 3.4k for system 4 is pretty good if it is 4 ticks system with more than 8kw max power. also need to know the coverage of the warranty

this is a 2 ticks compressor. most likely clearing stocks. the compressor is only 7kw so it can only support if only 3 aircon are on at the same time

Last edited:

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
After multiple mentions of Cold Engine here, I got my system 3 installed yesterday by them as well. It was a team of 3, although two of them couldn't speak very much English (my Chinese is quite bad) so I could really only converse with one who was also the team leader I think. Workmanship is decent from what I can tell and they do offer 2 year warranty on that, although the second year excludes insulation problems. All the relevant checks and procedures were also performed, though I can't say how well it was done as I'm not an expert. They did clean up most of the debris although thorough cleaning still had to be done as there was plenty of fine plaster. Registered warranty online with no problems as well (extra 3 months on top of the promotion). Overall, very satisfied with the purchase.

I have purchased Daikin system 2 from them as well after reading all those reviews here on mid Jun 2016. Honestly speaking, their price is decent however, their workmanship is pretty normal. They are good if u don't pay for those minor details but if u do, my advice is do consider twice. My brother is a site coordinator and he has more experiences in this area than me.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys i like to share this brand n combo for those thinking of getting system 4.
There is this brand call beko from europe. Their system 2 4 ticks selling at 1500. You can consider get two system 2 at 3000 instead of one system 4 at $4000+. Also, you get max power of 10kw instead of the normal 7-9kw.

You can switch off power of one of the system 2 when u dun need it.

http://www.lazada.sg/beko-prosmart-...itorsdisplaymobile&utm_term=xxso0000srcvt0500

Edit. Made in europe air con but prices exclude installation so yeah not as cheap but may still suit some of you

Last edited:

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still can't decide between daikin 4ticks/envi vs mitsubishi 2 ticks/5 ticks. daikin having 3yrs vs mistubishi 1yr part warranty may be the dealbreaker here.

functions wise anybody any comments?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still can't decide between daikin 4ticks/envi vs mitsubishi 2 ticks/5 ticks. daikin having 3yrs vs mistubishi 1yr part warranty may be the dealbreaker here.

That depend your budget and usage on features, cost for silver Envi will be higher and you should include the D-Mobile for app access to maximise the functions for silver Envi.

Overall look of the silver Envi fancoil is definitely very nice compared to normal fancoil.

Sent from Sony E6883 using GAGT

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That depend your budget and usage on features, cost for silver Envi will be higher and you should include the D-Mobile for app access to maximise the functions for silver Envi.

Overall look of the silver Envi fancoil is definitely very nice compared to normal fancoil.

Sent from Sony E6883 using GAGT
hmm liddat then i dont think i will consider the envi as i wont be using the d-mobile function.

Hottyhot

Reaction score

Daikin still hv 3 yr warranty? I thought promotion over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.