The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
I'll vouch for that, very strong hold and lightweight. However - Could just be my hair as it was pretty long and heavy during the time, but found that the hold lessened significantly the more I ran my fingers through my hair throughout the day. Will confirm again the next time I try out the product. It's a great product minus that one point nontheless.

Tried a sample of INDIANS EXTRA STRONG HOLD MOLDING CLAY from TPJ. Lightest I ever tried.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried TPJ's K-SEA SALT SPRAY FLORAL? Said to be stronger than OS but without the dryness.

nichsong

Reaction score
I have :) Found it to be decent, but personally feel that the dryness of OS/Ref 323 contributes to the endurance and hold of my hairstyle as it soaks up excess oils hence reducing the weight of the hair overall. My hair can get pretty oily (and its straight and limp hence adding to the weight) so this is a plus point.

K-SSS has good hold, but in terms of endurance I have found Ref 323/ OS to work better for me due to the reasons stated above. It's still a good product tho, and I'm sure it'll work great for those who don't have hair that is as oily or limp. Junhong did mention that the product contains castor/coconut oil, which means that it helps treat and moisturise your hair at the same time so that's defo a plus point too.

Anyone tried TPJ's K-SEA SALT SPRAY FLORAL? Said to be stronger than OS but without the dryness.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Wa daaaamn he level up so high (but now at basement LOL)
I spoke to John the other day, yes by moving to Jeric Jasper charges customers more but at hair factor he was more of the managing partner with John. But it's ok, most hairdressers Jasper's age tends to move around a lot before settling into 1 saloon. Jasper did mention to me he wanted to try a more high-pressure environment like Jeric to further hone his skills.

Hair Factor is a pretty smart move by John though. He built up his contacts at Clover for 6 years before finding the perfect space right near the entrance, where the locations for walk-ins is great. You do realize that most of the saloons at FEP are at levels 3 to 5 in the back, where most walk-ins never visit.

End of the day, it's still a competitive business, and I applaud his business acumen.

Given John's skill, and the price, Hair Factor is still IMO the best value for money. Sad to see Jasper go though, he would literally spend a hour getting the perfect cut for me.:(

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Roger. My hair is not oily but definitely flat & limo. So carn't really tell if it works for me & no samples to try. Previously bought the Eco but wasn't for me & wasted the whole bottle.
I have :) Found it to be decent, but personally feel that the dryness of OS/Ref 323 contributes to the endurance and hold of my hairstyle as it soaks up excess oils hence reducing the weight of the hair overall. My hair can get pretty oily (and its straight and limp hence adding to the weight) so this is a plus point.

K-SSS has good hold, but in terms of endurance I have found Ref 323/ OS to work better for me due to the reasons stated above. It's still a good product tho, and I'm sure it'll work great for those who don't have hair that is as oily or limp. Junhong did mention that the product contains castor/coconut oil, which means that it helps treat and moisturise your hair at the same time so that's defo a plus point too.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I spoke to John the other day, yes by moving to Jeric Jasper charges customers more but at hair factor he was more of the managing partner with John. But it's ok, most hairdressers Jasper's age tends to move around a lot before settling into 1 saloon. Jasper did mention to me he wanted to try a more high-pressure environment like Jeric to further hone his skills.

Hair Factor is a pretty smart move by John though. He built up his contacts at Clover for 6 years before finding the perfect space right near the entrance, where the locations for walk-ins is great. You do realize that most of the saloons at FEP are at levels 3 to 5 in the back, where most walk-ins never visit.

End of the day, it's still a competitive business, and I applaud his business acumen.

Given John's skill, and the price, Hair Factor is still IMO the best value for money. Sad to see Jasper go though, he would literally spend a hour getting the perfect cut for me.:(
John jasper jeric. All them Js.

Lol hope to try jeric one day xD xD xD

Sent from me using GAGT

TrafalgarLaw

Reaction score
claymation or morris motley styling balm? WHICH ONE?

want to use it daily for school. and the walking distance to school is quite an distance so i will be walking under the hot sun for quite a while. which will be more suitable?

dj_flame

Reaction score

want to use it daily for school. and the walking distance to school is quite an distance so i will be walking under the hot sun for quite a while. which will be more suitable?
Learn to take the bus.

nichsong

Reaction score
Best way would be to try both products out as individual products work differently for everybody. I haven't tried the claymation in awhile, am gonna try it again soon tho. But as for Morris, I'd say that one of the best things about it is that it can easily be raked up and restyled even if it loses it shape. The product doesn't fail you by completely going flat during the day.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried a sample of INDIANS EXTRA STRONG HOLD MOLDING CLAY from TPJ. Lightest I ever tried.

That said,I personally would not get it for regular use though as I it seems dry on my hair & don't like its texture it gives. However it works well on dry hair

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.