Ipad 3 32gb wifi model

zeejayUU

Reaction score
Hi my ipad 3 keeps shutting off while i am in the middle of using it.
thought it was a software problem so i updated it to the latest version but it continues to happen

It is as if the top button is pressed to switch off but it just happens on its own. Anyone know what this problem is and how to resolve?

Thx
ZJ

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Likely it's going to gg soon
Check on its diagnostics

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi my ipad 3 keeps shutting off while i am in the middle of using it.
thought it was a software problem so i updated it to the latest version but it continues to happen

It is as if the top button is pressed to switch off but it just happens on its own. Anyone know what this problem is and how to resolve?

Thx
ZJ

shutting off as in what?
use half way complete black screen and u have to turn on again?
or got slide to turn off the thing

zeejayUU

Reaction score
shutting off as in what?
use half way complete black screen and u have to turn on again?
or got slide to turn off the thing

Shut off as if the smart cover is activated so you need to press home button and slide to on it again

Leapin_Toufu

Reaction score
Shut off as if the smart cover is activated so you need to press home button and slide to on it again
Do you have the Smart Cover (or other third party similar cover) attached to the iPad, while using it? Perhaps it was folded to the back?

Try removing it and putting it away, and use the iPad again. See whether it shuts down this time.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.