[Offering] Free device repair services [REQ] Used/faulty earphones, earpieces, IEMs, DAPs & 'Others'

3XTR3M1ST

Master Member
Reaction score
[Offering] Free device repair services [REQ] Used/faulty earphones, earpieces, IEMs, DAPs & 'Others'

Currently embarking on a learning project to understand more about the inner workings of modern day's electronic audio devices. What one can learn from books and text is always limited so it is preferred to get hands on with experimenting with real products.

Due to financial and environmental concerns, it is not possible to do so with new and perfectly working devices. Thus, if anyone with a unwanted /faulty device(s) such as those free earphones that comes with handphones, which are lying in the dark corner of your drawer and would like to put it for greater purpose, please consider supporting this project by donating it. Really doesn't matter even if it's not fully working, I'll see what I can salvage from it. Simply send over the details (brand, type, condition, etc) and a self-collect will be arranged at your convenience.

Due to good response from fellow members who have offered their devices (phones/tablets/whatever also can try) for my experiments, I am now returning the favor to all you guys by offering free repair services of your faulty devices, using whatever parts salvaged previously that are suitable for the repair. However, do note that I am in no way an expert of this trade, so don't get your hopes too high that the repair will be a success. I usually have a success rate of 75% so before you decide to send your stuff over, be reminded of the Chinese saying <死马当活马医>。

Many thanks in advance.:o

[Appeal for devices/parts]
Bricked Nexus 7 2012 with usable screen
Bricked Samsung Note 3 with usable screen
Bricked Fiio x3 with usable screen
Bricked HTC ONE M7 with battery

Sadly devices nowadays have very weak screens so a lot of people who's phone involved in accidents need an organ transplant to survive the ordeal :(:(:( Please let me know if you have the above listed devices, preferably non-functional so as to spare me the guilt and bad karma of hurting a proper one.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello.
Razer Mako Speakers with ticking sound can repair?
Heard its some Capacitators faulty and requires soldering.
If u can come to my house, fix it, i'll pay u. If not fixed, u earn experience then. Just don't make it even worse.

3XTR3M1ST

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha if you're worried about it getting worse then I think I better leave it as it is. Otherwise if you want me to have a shot at it, I'll probably need more time than a few hours at your place to troubleshoot and identify the cause.

babusang

Reaction score
hello i have a shure846 which gives me unstable sound. and its dirty on the inside. i dont mind paying for service.

ILLEGALTENDER

Reaction score
hello i have a shure846 which gives me unstable sound. and its dirty on the inside. i dont mind paying for service.
Mmxc connection I suggest having it either RMA or change the cable.

To fix this you need to change the female mmcx connection which would void the warranty.

You can try contact cleaners which may help in the situation.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

derazor

Banned
Reaction score
Bro, my Klispch X10 the connector O/C liao at the input to DAP
Possible to assist to repair? How do I proceed?
Of course to your convenience

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.