e-Remote Broadlink RM-Pro

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score

anyone know how does this work?

understand it can control air con

But i have 3 rooms then do i required to purchase 3 x e-Remote Broadlink RM-Pro to control the air con?

if is one but how it transmit signal if i put this e-Remote Broadlink RM-Pro in only one room?:s11: thanks

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

anyone know how does this work?

understand it can control air con

But i have 3 rooms then do i required to purchase 3 x e-Remote Broadlink RM-Pro to control the air con?

if is one but how it transmit signal if i put this e-Remote Broadlink RM-Pro in only one room?:s11: thanks
I am also fixing up the RM Pro for my resale flat together with smart light switches which can be controlled by RM Pro. RM Pro can control IR or RF devices by learning the remote signals, however, you will need to install one per room in order to control any devices which are controlled by Remote Controller such as your TV or aircon etc.

Putting one RM Pro in the living room is not sufficient as the signal is weak to travel thru walls but using that to control all the smart switches in the flat should be sufficient.

Sent from Sony E6883 using GAGT

whimsical

Reaction score
I am also fixing up the RM Pro for my resale flat together with smart light switches which can be controlled by RM Pro. RM Pro can control IR or RF devices by learning the remote signals, however, you will need to install one per room in order to control any devices which are controlled by Remote Controller such as your TV or aircon etc.

Putting one RM Pro in the living room is not sufficient as the signal is weak to travel thru walls but using that to control all the smart switches in the flat should be sufficient.

Sent from Sony E6883 using GAGT

how's the experience so far?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how's the experience so far?

Just install the Smart Switches for all the lights, I have not tested on the RM Pro yet as the overall renovation just completed yesterday so doing cleaning before shifting and installing Internet etc. =:p

whimsical

Reaction score
Just install the Smart Switches for all the lights, I have not tested on the RM Pro yet as the overall renovation just completed yesterday so doing cleaning before shifting and installing Internet etc. =:p

carlover76: did you order everything from aliexpress?

I'm setting up mine soon so just wanna like noe how u go about doing it...got alot of qns like...

1. How many RM Pro you got?
  2. Did you make any effort to conceal the RM Pro?
  3. So far any problems during installation on the TC2?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
carlover76: did you order everything from aliexpress?

I'm setting up mine soon so just wanna like noe how u go about doing it...got alot of qns like...

1. How many RM Pro you got?
  2. Did you make any effort to conceal the RM Pro?
  3. So far any problems during installation on the TC2?

No, I order from one of the Local Supplier found in Carousell and the Touch Switch is similar to the Livolo Touch Switch with Round Touch Button but the housing inside the switch is made of Metal instead of Plastic.

I only get 1 RM Pro at the moment to link up all the Smart Switches first then slowly add more to connect more devices together so depending on the coverage of RM Pro.

No problem installing the Touch Switches though there is some difficulty installing the 1 Gang 2 Way Remote switch as the wiring is a bit different from traditional 2 Way Switch.

terumo

Reaction score
To croc1977,
One E-Remote to one fancoil.
System 3 need 3 E-Remotes.

terumo

Reaction score
To carlover76,
RM-Pro can also be matched with Daikin aircon, no issues.

VainKid

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just checking if the gateman or yale lock is compatible with the RM pro? Thanks

qwertqwert

Reaction score
how do i use this to automate my house?
dont quite understand how this work.
placing just one in the living room is only able to control aircon, tv and lightings in living room?

leon113

Reaction score
No, I order from one of the Local Supplier found in Carousell and the Touch Switch is similar to the Livolo Touch Switch with Round Touch Button but the housing inside the switch is made of Metal instead of Plastic.

I only get 1 RM Pro at the moment to link up all the Smart Switches first then slowly add more to connect more devices together so depending on the coverage of RM Pro.

No problem installing the Touch Switches though there is some difficulty installing the 1 Gang 2 Way Remote switch as the wiring is a bit different from traditional 2 Way Switch.

Can you share how did you do the installation for 2 way switch? I'm looking to replace my existing switch which is a 2 way switch. Want to be sure it can work before I purchase it. Thanks.

Carbine90

Reaction score
i think you guys have a mis conception about rm pro. I have 2 of these at home. Been using for about a year. There is no limit of how many controllers 1rm can control. Its more about how far the distance is between the hub and the thing u wan to control remotely. . As long as anything that you want have/can be control by remote, you can register their freq and let the hub learn it (think of it as pair like bluetooth between ur original remote and the hub, so ur app remote can replicate)

And taobao sells it at arnd <$35sgd . Locally pple are selling arnd $50sgd :/

keithloy

Reaction score
i think you guys have a mis conception about rm pro. I have 2 of these at home. Been using for about a year. There is no limit of how many controllers 1rm can control. Its more about how far the distance is between the hub and the thing u wan to control remotely. . As long as anything that you want have/can be control by remote, you can register their freq and let the hub learn it (think of it as pair like bluetooth between ur original remote and the hub, so ur app remote can replicate)

And taobao sells it at arnd <$35sgd . Locally pple are selling arnd $50sgd :/
1. I am planning to use broad link to control my Aircons, but I have two aircon units in the living room in close proximity. is there anyway to isolate the control of the aircon individually.

2. Is there any problems integrating two or more broadlink rm pros in the app.

3. Did u use the broadlink switches (tc2)? Is it compatible with the other brand switches?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.