Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuatan1984

Reaction score
Is there real need to upgrade to the thicker pipes n insulation? Very reluctant to remove existing trunking which will be a huge mess to reprint

some installer wont give u installation warranty if you reuse existing pipings :)

depending on when did u install the previous set of pipings and if you have upgraded them last time. installer advised me to upgrade to thicker copper pipe and insulation so i can reuse them for my next system change... lol not sure BS me or not

Last edited:

ralfale

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some installer wont give u installation warranty if you reuse existing pipings :)

depending on when did u install the previous set of pipings and if you have upgraded them last time. installer advised me to upgrade to thicker copper pipe and insulation so i can reuse them for my next system change... lol not sure BS me or not

I'm ok to replace the existing pipes and insulation to same size. Think is 1/4". The upgraded version is 1/2" and if I change to that, I will need to remove my existing trunking and change to bigger ones to house the bigger insulation pipes. I prefer not to do that so I can avoid repainting the new trunking.

Just trying to understand the criteria for the bigger pipes and if its absolutely necessary.

joshuatan1984

Reaction score
I'm ok to replace the existing pipes and insulation to same size. Think is 1/4". The upgraded version is 1/2" and if I change to that, I will need to remove my existing trunking and change to bigger ones to house the bigger insulation pipes. I prefer not to do that so I can avoid repainting the new trunking.

Just trying to understand the criteria for the bigger pipes and if its absolutely necessary.

was in the same position as you 3 weeks back :)

if you wanna use back the existing trunking, then you can go for the standard copper pipe and insulation package w/o upgrading them.

the key point will be the workmanship, cuz thinner copper pipe wall thickness is easier to kink if the installer just bend them using bare hands and mind you most of the installers will just bend the pipe bare hand cuz using proper pipe bender is very very time consuming for them (easy way out) :)

insulation wise, my installer was saying 3/8" is adequate, and insist on good brand like armaflex class 1 or 0, but still i upgraded to 1/2" lol. he joked that he don't understand why singapore households like to upgrade the piping and insulation package to "industrial" standard (unless you wish to keep the piping for your next aircon system change especially for condo if you need to strip off your renovation just to change the pipes), some even went for 3/4" insulation :s22:

Last edited:

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today's my installation .
MXY 2e20va. Msy ge10va

j5vjFlel.jpg

OaAnyFxl.jpg

HZWT4NOl.jpg

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
Got quote from Gain city.
all 1 12btu + 2 x 9k btu
Starmex MXY3A28VA =2938 ( 2 tick /30k btu )
LG A4VQ2GFA0 = $2896 (3 tick /29k btu)
LG A4VQ26FA0 =3031 (4 tick / 26k btu)

1/2 inch insu and swg 22 copper and 16 mm drainage pie =$115

good price?
think so...

other brand not considering...

cos they c.c installment no need admin..

i know best tech 5% extra , creation and one more 4 %

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all 1 12btu + 2 x 9k btu

good price?
think so...

Natair builder for LG a little bit cheaper. But upgrade to better insulation and pipes about the same. But netaire has $300 choice voucher and 5 years warranty on parts.

yosemi

Reaction score
all 1 12btu + 2 x 9k btu

good price?
think so...

your quote 1 12btu + 2 x 9k btu
is cheaper than wat is listed on gaincity webby MXY3A28VA~3XMSYGE10VA

ralfale

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was in the same position as you 3 weeks back :)

if you wanna use back the existing trunking, then you can go for the standard copper pipe and insulation package w/o upgrading them.

the key point will be the workmanship, cuz thinner copper pipe wall thickness is easier to kink if the installer just bend them using bare hands and mind you most of the installers will just bend the pipe bare hand cuz using proper pipe bender is very very time consuming for them (easy way out) :)

insulation wise, my installer was saying 3/8" is adequate, and insist on good brand like armaflex class 1 or 0, but still i upgraded to 1/2" lol. he joked that he don't understand why singapore households like to upgrade the piping and insulation package to "industrial" standard (unless you wish to keep the piping for your next aircon system change especially for condo if you need to strip off your renovation just to change the pipes), some even went for 3/4" insulation :s22:

Thanks for the information!

joshuatan1984

Reaction score
Natair builder for LG a little bit cheaper. But upgrade to better insulation and pipes about the same. But netaire has $300 choice voucher and 5 years warranty on parts.

i think the voucher and warranty is from LG. at least for my LG. can ask the sales.

seems like Gaincity anniversary sales is still on :s12:

upgrade for copper pipe and insulation for sys 3 is $180 so take 35% off, about $117

then they have this -3% off then another -5% off the list price for selected aircond brands (applicable to MIT, LG and some other brands, not for daikin tho)

Last edited:

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
maybe netaire throw extra $100?

LG Red Fair Air Conditioner Promotion 2016 is until 31 July 2016

o Purchase Sys 2, get $120 Choice Voucher

o Purchase Sys 3, get $200 Choice Voucher

o Purchase Sys 4, get $250 Choice Voucher

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe netaire throw extra $100?

Ya, I think the extract is throw in by netaire. I don't know why netaire is still able to get the 5years part warranty despite other dealers has ended. My last minute perchase of daikin was after the dateline for most dealer, and yer daikin honors the 3 years warranty.

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
Ya, I think the extract is throw in by netaire. I don't know why netaire is still able to get the 5years part warranty despite other dealers has ended. My last minute perchase of daikin was after the dateline for most dealer, and yer daikin honors the 3 years warranty.
5 yr warranty ended meh? gain city say still got?

jazz2005

Master Member
Reaction score
To maryk6,
Pricing around there for the 5 ticks model.

Hi terumo,

I have a problem with my sanyo SAP KRV96GDSW. The aircon blows cold air for a few hours and the operation light will begin to blink and blows warm air. If I leave the aircon off for a hour or two before switching it on again the aircon will work normally for a few hours before blowing warm air again.

I called sanyo's outsourced service company and was told the problem could be a faulty PCB or thermistor. The cost to replace the pcb is $700 and the thermistor is $260 and in addition the labour for them to come to check the problem amounts to $180. Its too very expensive. Do you know if the PCB or thermistor can be repaired instead if replacement? Thanks.

Last edited:

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi terumo,

I have a problem with my sanyo SAP KRV96GDSW. The aircon blows cold air for a few hours and the operation light will begin to blink and blows warm air. If I leave the aircon off for a hour or two before switching it on again the aircon will work normally for a few hours before blowing warm air again.

I called sanyo's outsourced service company and was told the problem could be a faulty PCB or thermistor. The cost to replace the pcb is $700 and the thermistor is $260 and in addition the labour for them to come to check the problem amounts to $180. Its too very expensive. Do you know if the PCB or thermistor can be repaired instead if replacement? Thanks.
You can try coolserve. They don't charge for coming down tondo diagnostic. But competencies of the technicians varies among the team.

joshuatan1984

Reaction score
I read previous posting here that the end date was 30th june. Maybe extended the promo.
Think the extended warranty promotion started last year, supposed to end early this year but got extended to end of june. Not surprise the promo got extended again to capture the market share:)

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, I bought LG 5 ticks artcool, personally called them up and also double confirmed with them at LG service center when I went down to redeem my LG red fair voucher, 2nd to 5th year, only parts covered. Labor and transport is chargeable.:s22:

thanks so nat aire (msia recept) lied, anyway courts offering 5 years extended warranty for panasonic air con. pls see previous post by another guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.