Votes: 45 10.8%
  • ANZ

Votes: 45 10.8%
  • ICBC

Votes: 14 3.3%

• Total voters

789asd

Reaction score
Which bank do you think has the worst customer service?

Share some of your examples

Need to add Standard Chartered to the list too, admin can help?

Last edited:

mynameisjon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HSBC hands down.

Applied for 1 card, signed one Letter of Instruction, they sent 6 credit report pulls to CBS in 1 day. Pulled down my credit rating.

After that applied for 1 Advance account, they open 2 for me instead, tell me to use one and they will close the other one. No issue. One week later, after I put in money, they close the other account as well. Never call, never mail, I only find out when I try to activate my atm card. Call them they tell me that they close the account and a cashier's cheque is on it's way. Say account close in error. End up cashier's cheque was never sent, until now never offer me any for of compensation.

F*ck HSBC.

cearmouse

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Citizen bank lah....moi ask CS can piak or not...she call the security guard!

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely not SCB.

Can just to give you 30k

789asd

Reaction score
Personally I find UOB the worse. They're slow on replying to emails.

Their attitude and the way they reply customers is appalling too. Always replying on the defensive.

dynastyhan

Reaction score
Personally I find UOB the worse. They're slow on replying to emails.

Their attitude and the way they reply customers is appalling too. Always replying on the defensive.
I once called UOB to check on something, the local CSO guy told me to check on google instead..

ANZ de Pinoy CSO like to make assumptions, and never fails to give misleading info too..

liburan_natal

Reaction score
UOB for me.
Gave me wrong information that resulted me in getting 'late payment fee' when my due date was not even due.
Promised to waive it and after getting it waived, 'late interest charge' was added.
Although they waived it also eventually, they did not apologise or even answer my enquiry about the whole mistake.

arigatoast

Reaction score
I once called UOB to check on something, the local CSO guy told me to check on google instead..

ANZ de Pinoy CSO like to make assumptions, and never fails to give misleading info too..

sibei agree with u on the ANZ!
they are the laziest bunch of CSOs i ever talked to.
- their tone sounds lazy
- they get irritated easily
- they often give excuses to shut us up on our query so that they can immediately close case with us.

dynastyhan

Reaction score
- their tone sounds lazy
- they often give excuses to shut us up on our query so that they can immediately close case with us.
Ha, ur 3 points I totally concur too.
Once, the CSO just hanged up on me, I tried to lodge a complaint via the website, but the link is invalid, I jitao email ANZ Aussie for a follow up..

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
- their tone sounds lazy
Agree for all points, it reminds me one case with them when they owed me almost 10k miles, chased for months changed different CSO as the previous ones always on leave etc., their cso tone even with scorn, in the end pissed me off, wrote to MAS, then they credited the missing points within 2 days, now glad I cancelled all their cards.

Zaalaa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OCBC, Standard Chartered.

OCBC rejected my credit card application. Said below 30k by their relationship manager. (when i'm holding Amex, visa, master from UOB, DBS, Citibank, AMEX). Didn't figure out what is her problem for doing so...

Standard Chartered. iBanking was really lousy. CSO didn't managed to help out.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OCBC, Standard Chartered.

OCBC rejected my credit card application. Said below 30k by their relationship manager. (when i'm holding Amex, visa, master from UOB, DBS, Citibank, AMEX). Didn't figure out what is her problem for doing so...

Standard Chartered. iBanking was really lousy. CSO didn't managed to help out.

In what way was std chartered ibanking really lousy? I found it quite good

jentang

Reaction score
I second the ibanking replies are really bad. They simply copy and paste thinking that we are fools. I once asked a question twice and they still copy and paste the same answers and I wrote in caps that they are not answering to my question before they are finally willing to sit down and read my enquiry and answer me.

In what way was std chartered ibanking really lousy? I found it quite good

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
I second the ibanking replies are really bad. They simply copy and paste thinking that we are fools. I once asked a question twice and they still copy and paste the same answers and I wrote in caps that they are not answering to my question before they are finally willing to sit down and read my enquiry and answer me.

I encountered the same copy and paste template reply before, it did not answer my inquiry at all and it was the lousiest ibanking reply I've ever received.
Their ibanking is just ok but the current statement outstanding balance due does not reduce even after payments is made, have to manually plus the rebates and calculate whether had made the full payments for current statement.

koja6049

Master Member
Reaction score
SCB ibanking is crap. I sent 4-5 emails only then the CSO solved for me. They keep repeating their standard template answer so I keep asking the same question.

Best one is DBS/POSB ibanking, solved rebate query for me on the same day

koja6049

Master Member
Reaction score
I only have credit card application experience with HSBC and it is terribad. Registered at a booth with all my documents ready. A few weeks later, the CSO called me ask me to send in CPF statement, which they said they seemed to have lost it. Ok complied and did it. After another 2 weeks, called me again and told me my application was too old and has expired, ask me to redo the application. I said sorry but no thanks.

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
I have banking relationships with most of the banks listed above and I have to say, without a doubt, ANZ is the worst of the lot. The CSO from the executive level to the manager level (mostly pinoys) lacks personal touch, unable to help customers, impatient, inflexible and replies like a robot. Sometimes I wonder if their bad attitude is due to the mass layoffs by ANZ.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.