Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was told by the sales person, those older generation non inverter really can last long long. But for inverters, failure rate is more or less the same across brands.

Like I mentioned I don't really trust in the brands nowadays, in Extended warranty I trust lol.

is not the inverter that fail, it is the pcb board on the fcu and compressor. as you know money cant be made if ur air con last. so they can whack you on the pcb. the pcb are cheap and can be designed to die after a certain period of time.

the pcb last within the warranty period thats why the warranty for the pcb is only 1 year. lol.

thats why i gearing towards LG and daikin for they dare to give 3-5 years respectively.

Last edited:

icyjen

Reaction score
Anyone bought from Aircon 101 Engineering before? Thinking of getting Starmex Mitsubishi Electric System 4 for my resales EA... Appreciate any feedbacks. Thanks!

joshuatan1984

Reaction score
is not the inverter that fail, it is the pcb board on the fcu and compressor. as you know money cant be made if ur air con last. so they can whack you on the pcb. the pcb are cheap and can be designed to die after a certain period of time.

the pcb last within the warranty period thats why the warranty for the pcb is only 1 year. lol.

thats why i gearing towards LG and daikin for they dare to give 3-5 years respectively.

yes the pcb, it is always the pcb that uplorry first. few years back when inverters are not so popular, i always heard sales person saying inverter system low power consumption but high failure rate of pcb after warranty period is something I need to be aware of.:s22:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought from Aircon 101 Engineering before? Thinking of getting Starmex Mitsubishi Electric System 4 for my resales EA... Appreciate any feedbacks. Thanks!

My sister new home gotten from him. Not bad. Better than ah boon from renotalk.

His quote on march, comes with two times installation and 1/2" insulation and g22 n keystone

Cash or cheque

[28/03 00:12]: Hi,

Mitsubishi Electric (New Model)
$3550nett
- Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 3 MXY3G28 / MSXYFJ10VE X 3 (9kbtu X 3)

optional stainless steel bracket at $150 nett
[28/03 00:14] ‪+65 9142 6667‬: The 5 ticks system 3 (9k btu x 3) I can offer to ur project - $3400
[28/03 00:16] ‪+65 9142 6667‬: 5 ticks (system 4) - $4300
[28/03 00:55] ‪+65 9142 6667‬: 2 ticks
System 3 - $2750
System 4 - $3600

Last edited:

lockks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If my rooms have already have aircons and I want to install in the living room, how much will it normally cost? And what brand is good?

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am deciding between MHI or Daikin for a Sys4
i viewed at GC the sys4 model which they offered $4229

SCM80ZJS
3XSRK35MAS
1XSRK60ZMX

Issue here is because I will be hacking the kitchen, I will definitely need a stronger aircon unit for the living room to cool the kitchen area as well
any advice what kind of setup i should go for between MHI and Daikin??
1zggdjp.jpg

yosemi

Reaction score

SCM80ZJS
3XSRK35MAS
1XSRK60ZMX

Issue here is because I will be hacking the kitchen, I will definitely need a stronger aircon unit for the living room to cool the kitchen area as well
1zggdjp.jpg

MHI now have promo for all 12k btu unit

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SCM80ZJS
3XSRK35MAS
1XSRK60ZMX

1zggdjp.jpg

i think 24k also not enuff for open kitchen concept. i suggest 12k x 2 instead of 1 x 24k. that will mean sys 5

joshuatan1984

Reaction score

SCM80ZJS
3XSRK35MAS
1XSRK60ZMX

1zggdjp.jpg

wow! open concept kitchen, I like it. Are you going to use your living room aircon when you cook? If you are, you may end up needing more frequent maintenance and chemical cleaning for the living room fancoil.

also having looked at your layout, after hacking off the kitchen wall, one unit of 24k BTU (in theory it is adequate, if estimate purely based on the volume to be cooled) may not be able to effectively cover the entire living room + kitchen cuz the combined layout is not a perfect rectangular shape and it may take longer/forever to cool down the far corner, like what bro tanjhj mentioned, 2 x 12k BTU maybe a better option for you.

Just my opinion, if there is any constraints that you cant have 2 fancoils in your living room + open concept kitchen, then maybe you can consider having an air circulator to push the cold air to the far corner. it will be noisy thought. just my humble opinion.

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow! open concept kitchen, I like it. Are you going to use your living room aircon when you cook? If you are, you may end up needing more frequent maintenance and chemical cleaning for the living room fancoil.

also having looked at your layout, after hacking off the kitchen wall, one unit of 24k BTU (in theory it is adequate, if estimate purely based on the volume to be cooled) may not be able to effectively cover the entire living room + kitchen cuz the combined layout is not a perfect rectangular shape and it may take longer/forever to cool down the far corner, like what bro tanjhj mentioned, 2 x 12k BTU maybe a better option for you.

Just my opinion, if there is any constraints that you cant have 2 fancoils in your living room + open concept kitchen, then maybe you can consider having an air circulator to push the cold air to the far corner. it will be noisy thought. just my humble opinion.
if we are cooking then not going to turn on the aircon...
there is natural ventilation coming from service yard so that should be enough

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm i just realised mine sys 2 also upgraded to the 12k btu fan coil but my compressor total only 21k btu. Any repercussions that i need to be aware of?

And the person say install electrical works plus installation take half day only... Zhun bo?

Sent from sent from limpeh phone to your screen using GAGT
Yes half day is doable. Depending on their speed. At most is one day.

Oversizing your fcu will lead to higher than ideal humidity levels in your room.

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

joshuatan1984

Reaction score
if we are cooking then not going to turn on the aircon...
there is natural ventilation coming from service yard so that should be enough

what i meant was, if you place your 24k fancoil at living room, then your kitchen area may take longer to cool down. due to inadequate airflow, vice versa. :)

hence the 2x12k option helps to increase the coverage but similar cooling capacity.

having an air circulator, or just a stand fan can boost your cool air coverage too.

my living room is about 50sqm, a perfectly rectangular shape, with the 24k alone, and i placed digital thermometer at different location, those corners that are really far away from fancoil are registering +1 to +2 degs higher than my set temp. so i use a vornado to better "distribute" the cooled air lol.

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what i meant was, if you place your 24k fancoil at living room, then your kitchen area may take longer to cool down. due to inadequate airflow, vice versa. :)

hence the 2x12k option helps to increase the coverage but similar cooling capacity.

having an air circulator, or just a stand fan can boost your cool air coverage too.

my living room is about 50sqm, a perfectly rectangular shape, with the 24k alone, and i placed digital thermometer at different location, those corners that are really far away from fancoil are registering +1 to +2 degs higher than my set temp. so i use a vornado to better "distribute" the cooled air lol.

ideally that one unit will be placed at the support beam (1.6m) running across the bedroom and the common toilet. exact location will be the one circled in red.
AzKozK3.jpg

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I saw ur plan i guess u will put it at corridor same place as what one of the house warming i went. All i can say is u may not be able to achieve ur idea or level of cooling esp u toking abt natural ventilation now. Or using Vornado fan maybe another idea to cool down but may not be enuff. Ur floor plan n open kitchen is quite similar to the house i went for housewarming n i spotted some issues with the house air con cooling, hence i changed my system 3 to sys 4 straight.

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fyi guys, your cai money spot in ur house better without air con but need water. Certain level of Humidity is needed for money qi to flow. So dun over dry ur place.

Also open kitchen concept in hdb is quite leak wealth n prevent holding of bad qi (if needed). Would advise consulting a good fs master better be cautious.

Advice from a fs master i trust. N case study for your reference http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/27082-open-concept-kitchen-good-for-fengshui/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.