What are my chances of getting into SMU next year

hi030303

Reaction score
CGPA: 3.5
Are there any chances of me entering SMU? :(
I didn't apply with 5 semesters this year although i should have coz my GPA dipped a bit.
I was thinking what are my chances of getting into SMU next year.
Are there any ways to maximise my chances of securing a position there?

Reaction score
CGPA: 3.5
Are there any chances of me entering SMU? :(
I didn't apply with 5 semesters this year although i should have coz my GPA dipped a bit.
I was thinking what are my chances of getting into SMU next year.
Are there any ways to maximise my chances of securing a position there?
3.5 is just on the line (unless your cohort bombed and 3.5 out of 4 ranks in the top 5). Depending on what the Goddess of Guan Yin decides on how your luck sways, you may or may not get in depending on the course of your choice :s13::D

Kodaliner

Reaction score
Hey, like everyone else, I would like to know if I stand a chance in this year's ultra competitive rat race to Uni.

My 'A' lvl is bad and standing at 62.5 RP (Combi: PCMG)
Currently setting my eyes on SMU SIS after having a tryout at an online start-up during NS (ORD last Dec). Trying my shot at SMU/NUS/NTU Discretionary Admission with several leadership and volunteering experience throughout secondary, JC and NS.

In sec school, I was merely in an exco committee (Head of Discipline), chosen as an ambassador for SG Youth Olympic Games School Twinning Partnership and 182.5 CIP hours.

In JC, I was also in the exco committee in my rockslimbing CCA and clinched an overall 'A' Div Boys Championship (Does that count?) in National School Rock Climbing Competition during JC1. I was also selected to organise my JC Orientation camp back in 2014.

During NS, I was a spec and have taken up volunteering outside at an organisation for kids with chronic illness. I was the Deputy Director for Programmes Portfolio there, planning camps and organising activities for kids there in 2016. This year, I've switched to Marketing and Communications in the same organisation.

However, due to the online business that my friend and i tried out, I wish to study at SMU SIS to further my interest.

Do you guys think I actually stand a chance for SMU DA?
(I applied for SMU on 27th Jan this year and merely received the seminar invitation 1-2 weeks after applying)

Oh, my 'O' lvl stands at raw 14 points with English B3 and Add/E Math at A2.

tunghsuan

Reaction score
What helps in getting into SMU?

I didnt get a good gpa ,which is below 3, want to ask if taking SAT and 2 A level subjects will help me get into SMU, if I score well?What are some other exams that can take to increase the possibility of getting it?

JPDenim

Reaction score
Possible chance of DA. I know alot of friends who got into SMU SIS with straight Bs but this was 3 years ago so not sure if still applicable, knowing how popular SIS is nowadays

JPDenim

Reaction score
I didnt get a good gpa ,which is below 3, want to ask if taking SAT and 2 A level subjects will help me get into SMU, if I score well?What are some other exams that can take to increase the possibility of getting it?
SMU cut-off for GPA is quite high. Most of my poly batch mates scored at least 3.8. If your dream is to get into SMU, I would suggest consider going to a private university first, work and then do an MBA at SMU.

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Very old post but my advice would be if you are taking A levels, just do all the required subjects so GP+H1+3H2.

That would be what they take into account first and foremost.

While I got rejected by SMU and NTU (though that may be because I accepted NUS the moment they offered before SMU and NTU could get back to me), I got accepted into NUS without any interviews or DA.

hellosgporean

Reaction score
GPA standard for SMU quite high!
I rarely hear of poly students around, but the ones that i know def had a gpa of over 3.5.
For a'levels, my friend was able to get in with grades of BBC.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.