Unblock TV (UBTV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

penyekz

Reaction score
Guys, can anyone please guide me on how to set up this box? Just got it delivered today but can't seem to set up. Any quick guides on what apps I should install and where to get from pls?

penyekz

Reaction score
I got Gen 3. The installer does not work. Only have google play store. Am I supposed to login with google ID?

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
No. There is nothing to do with google play. You have to use the UBTV applications for the live IPTV. The UBmarket icon inside there are many apps and UBTV proprietary apks for u to install.

https://www.facebook.com/hkunblocktech/

If cannot, go their facebook and download the apps, transfer to a usb drive and install.

Last edited:

penyekz

Reaction score
No. There is nothing to do with google play. You have to use the UBTV applications for the live IPTV. The UBmarket icon inside there are many apps and UBTV proprietary apks for u to install.

https://www.facebook.com/hkunblocktech/

If cannot, go their facebook and download the apps, transfer to a usb drive and install.

Edited: This file contain majority of the apps for UBTV to work. You may just use the UBmarket apk only.

Which app is for the installer? gosh this is so frustrating!
I saw another seller stating "Certain batches have this error where cannot use installer and email and we will send you a link to download the apk file to install."

penyekz

Reaction score
Now when I'm trying to install the apk, it says problem parsing the package! Any one can help pls

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Which app is for the installer? gosh this is so frustrating!
I saw another seller stating "Certain batches have this error where cannot use installer and email and we will send you a link to download the apk file to install."

I have PM you for the link. Here are some additional apks independent from UB box and can give good live IPTV too.

Hua Ren Dian Shi
www.hdkan.com

Abu-TV
https://www.sendspace.com/file/8m78lv

MKTV (crack version and confirm working)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ez7u8o

Last edited:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mktv still workign meh, that time dl but it didn't work shortly

sheringam

Reaction score
I received the deke tv box yesterday, a H265 android box. It took about a minute to bootup, and does not allow you to install other android apps, it only boot direct to the menu.

There are two type of channels, H265 and H264. Most channels are in H265 FULL HD and some are in H264 HD. Picture quality is better than maige. I especially like the contrast of deve tv box when viewing dark scenes compared to maige tv. If you watch TVB or other channels on maige tv, you will notice some dark scenes are too dark and you can't see the background even after adjusting the brightness and contrast.

Switching of channels is fast and smooth, and around 1.5 secs. There is VOD and playback menu, however the VOD have only a few latest movies, the playback only on some channels.

The menu disappoints me the most, it is not very user-friendly. You can add your favorite channels to Favorite channels tab, however once you click OK, it will automatically bring you back to the All channels tab. You have to re-select the Favorite channels tab using the tab up/down button and use channel up/down button to select your favorite channel again.

I informed the seller, he said he will feeback to the engineer in charge and make improvements on the user menu. Hopefully they can improve it. At least when the user select the Favorite channels Tab and want to change channels by pressing OK, it should remain in the Favorite channels Tab and current channel.

Lastly, it has lesser TV channels than the app version. But the picture quality of all channels on the deve tv box is definitely better than the app version.

Last edited:

Zoetvbox

Reaction score
"does not allow you to install other android apps" is a big negative. Maybe see if anyone here got workaround for u to install other app.
Or does it have its own app store ? :s8:

I received the deke tv box yesterday, a H265 android box. It took about a minute to bootup, and does not allow you to install other android apps, it only boot direct to the menu.

There are two type of channels, H265 and H264. Most channels are in H265 FULL HD and some are in H264 HD. Picture quality is better than maige. I especially like the contrast of deve tv box when viewing dark scenes compared to maige tv. If you watch TVB or other channels on maige tv, you will notice some dark scenes are too dark and you can't see the background even after adjusting the brightness and contrast.

Switching of channels is fast and smooth, and around 1.5 secs. There is VOD and playback menu, however the VOD have only a few latest movies, the playback only on some channels.

The menu disappoints me the most, it is not very user-friendly. You can add your favorite channels to Favorite channels tab, however once you click OK, it will automatically bring you back to the All channels tab. You have to re-select the Favorite channels tab using the tab up/down button and use channel up/down button to select your favorite channel again.

I informed the seller, he said he will feeback to the engineer in charge and make improvements on the user menu. Hopefully they can improve it. At least when the user select the Favorite channels Tab and want to change channels by pressing OK, it should remain in the Favorite channels Tab and current channel.

Lastly, it has lesser TV channels than the app version. But the picture quality of all channels on the deve tv box is definitely better than the app version.

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Good review, thanks! And yes, does not allow 3rd party app is a big issue. Already thrown away 2 meige.

sheringam

Reaction score
"does not allow you to install other android apps" is a big negative. Maybe see if anyone here got workaround for u to install other app.
Or does it have its own app store ? :s8:

Good review, thanks! And yes, does not allow 3rd party app is a big issue. Already thrown away 2 meige.

It boots directly to the menu, no way to navigate to install other Android apps. It is clean and user-friendly, however I do not like the way the navigation menu in live tv, it is just too unuser-friendly especially for those who like to add their favorite channels and change channels using it. The lag or delay time is around 2 minutes.

When I renew my subscription on maige last Sept, the subscription stopped. If you expect the VOD or playback similar to maige, you will be disappointed. If you want better picture quality and changing channels fast, this might be the box, hope it last and makes more improvement especially live tv navigation menu.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It boots directly to the menu, no way to navigate to install other Android apps. It is clean and user-friendly, however I do not like the way the navigation menu in live tv, it is just too unuser-friendly especially for those who like to add their favorite channels and change channels using it. The lag or delay time is around 2 minutes.

When I renew my subscription on maige last Sept, the subscription stopped. If you expect the VOD or playback similar to maige, you will be disappointed. If you want better picture quality and changing channels fast, this might be the box, hope it last and makes more improvement especially live tv navigation menu.

can you post the menu page here?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you do a fair comparison that the image is even better than Maige since Maige is already dead.

Since it prices the same like Maige, can't install 3th party app like Maige.
Rumoured to be by one of the guys who left from Maige.

Ask previous Maige owners, think most will avoid like plague because anytime it will become a paper weight.

god_of_shawn

Reaction score
A noob question, is it possible to install the deke tv app into any android tv box? Bought a cheap tv box on Qoo10, the MXQ quad core android tv box and wondering if I could install/sub deke tv to use it on it.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A noob question, is it possible to install the deke tv app into any android tv box? Bought a cheap tv box on Qoo10, the MXQ quad core android tv box and wondering if I could install/sub deke tv to use it on it.
yeah, that's how it was started.

Sub from China official website was cheaper, US$80 per annum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.