Best ramen in Singapore

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
THE ALL-NEW S$9.90 NETT LUNCH SETS 🍱
With 4 value-for-money sets to choose from, weekday lunch is never boring. They come complete with yummy sides, edamame, and a glass of hot/cold green tea. Eat up & recharge for the rest of the workday! 💪

Available at Aji-ichi Kallang Wave Mall & Changi Village, Mon - Fri 11.30am - 3pm (excluding PHs).

13619962_636559793174483_4464166096135720057_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ajiichisingapore

dlrowehtleah

Reaction score
is this nice ??

this is a confusing brand. there is a tiny one tucks right inside the basement of raffles city sc. and then there was one at ground floor of funan which we all know the mall is closed for reno/upgrading.

i ever asked the staff at funan if both branches are related. if i recalled correctly, they started with some kind of partnership but was eventually split. so both branches, although under the same name, are owned/managed by different leadership. ain't sure if the formula is shared or not.

if you google the name, there are at least 3 or 4 branches in sg. and really god know what is what or who belongs to who.

the lamen at both RCSC and the defunct Funan mall were above average.

Last edited:

dlrowehtleah

Reaction score

there is one thing that i seriously dislike in japanese ramen. chili bean paste!!! somehow, it just made that bowl of broth tastes horrible. which also explains why i can't and don't know how to appreciate ichiran ramen.

no, i'm local singaporean and love laksa, curry chicken and chili crabs. but when chili bean paste is added in ramen, my enthusiasm in the ramen reduced by 50%. :eek:

any like-minded ppl too? :)

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
For me it depends. Some goes well while others don't.

there is one thing that i seriously dislike in japanese ramen. chili bean paste!!! somehow, it just made that bowl of broth tastes horrible. which also explains why i can't and don't know how to appreciate ichiran ramen.

no, i'm local singaporean and love laksa, curry chicken and chili crabs. but when chili bean paste is added in ramen, my enthusiasm in the ramen reduced by 50%. :eek:

any like-minded ppl too? :)

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Machida Shoten @ Japan Food Town, Wisma Atria.
z93k6OI.jpg

yxO039e.jpg

Shoyu Tonkotsu Ramen (everything in) @ S$17++ Love the broth, very thick but clean, without any hint of porky odour taste. Somehow i cannot taste the shoyu. Noodle is the thick yellow kind with slight akaline taste, acceptable to me.
icon14.gif

4lCb5aL.jpg

The noodle texture, greasiness & thickness of the broth are customisable.

e85EED4.jpg

Good to the last drop!

Sen, going to try the ramen at Japan Food Town Wisma Atria?
Please do review hor. :D

AristroCats

Master Member
Reaction score
Machida Shoten @ Japan Food Town, Wisma Atria.
z93k6OI.jpg

yxO039e.jpg

Shoyu Tonkotsu Ramen (everything in) @ S$17++ Love the broth, very thick but clean, without any hint of porky odour taste. Somehow i cannot taste the shoyu. Noodle is the thick yellow kind with slight akaline taste, acceptable to me.
icon14.gif

4lCb5aL.jpg

The noodle texture, greasiness & thickness of the broth are customisable.

e85EED4.jpg

Good to the last drop!

Yay!! :s12: :s13:
Thank you Sen! Sounds and looks good too!

AristroCats

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope, no rice. The broth they give also not alot so a bit pointless.

They increased their shio tonkotsu ramen (basic) from $13++ to $14++

Personal taste, I like both the Shoyu and Shio Tonkotsu Ramen there, not so much the Spicy Miso Ramen.
For Spicy Ramen, Keisuke Tonkotsu King still hands down number 1 in my book. :D

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Wah power sia u tried all 3. :eek:

Tori King got this black spicy ramen also which is not bad.

Personal taste, I like both the Shoyu and Shio Tonkotsu Ramen there, not so much the Spicy Miso Ramen.
For Spicy Ramen, Keisuke Tonkotsu King still hands down number 1 in my book. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.