SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

deathblade82

Reaction score
i hope i wont miss it.
so after warm up i should just follow the guys with the same colour tag as me?

I rmb the 1st time i went for my IPT, i did 1 station alone before realizing that there was a group for IPT =.="

The warm up is conducted at the MPH itself, usually. After that, the PTIs will split all into the various colour tag and proceeds with training.

nthock

Reaction score
Hi, Its my first RT session tml and i'll be going to khatib camp.
Any idea what should i do after i reach the FCC?
beside queuing up for the Tag? what should i do next?

I have been going RT at Khatib Camp recently. Just know what tags you are collecting. Each tag has a specific meeting point. You can see a sheet indicating the meeting point for each tag.

Most of them should be around the cookhouse area, right in front of the track. Then you just hang around there until the trainer call for your color tags. To be sure, try to see if you can see others with the same color tag as you.

Right now, Khatib FCC conducts warm-up by tag level.

squidy

Reaction score
how come cannot book any slots at all for the 4 camps on this weekend? PTI got anniversary dinner ah.

btw, for kranji camp, they do not wait 15mins after the official time anymore?
for example, 7pm is the official time, 715pm then they start.

techrike

Reaction score
hi, new to this ipt system. would like to ask if anyone know

If complete 10 IPT sessions, but still cant meet target or still fail ippt, is it need to go attend 8 more RT sessions?

or

If complete 10 IPT sessions, this window requirement met. wait for next year window to open?

WayangYap

Reaction score
I have been going RT at Khatib Camp recently. Just know what tags you are collecting. Each tag has a specific meeting point. You can see a sheet indicating the meeting point for each tag.

Most of them should be around the cookhouse area, right in front of the track. Then you just hang around there until the trainer call for your color tags. To be sure, try to see if you can see others with the same color tag as you.

Right now, Khatib FCC conducts warm-up by tag level.

Where do you find the sheet for the meeting point?
So if the warm up is conducted by the tag level, I can just follow the same group of people from the start to the end?

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, new to this ipt system. would like to ask if anyone know

If complete 10 IPT sessions, but still cant meet target or still fail ippt, is it need to go attend 8 more RT sessions?

or

If complete 10 IPT sessions, this window requirement met. wait for next year window to open?

10 IPT session this window, after the window close, considered as fail. New window open, u will be doing RT.

so in short, 1 year IPT, next year RT

power789

Master Member
Reaction score
I understand that IPPT is paid like $10 an hour for attending?

does it mean that I can attempt as many IPPT as I like and always get paid?

Is the 20 sessions of RT and 10 sessions of IPT paid similarly as well?

lutfi91

Reaction score
Hey guys, question. Im in my 12 months RT window now since i failed my ippt in the previous window.

If i pass my ippt during this RT window, dows that mean i do not have to attend the 20 sessions of RT any more ?

TzuyuLove

Banned
Reaction score
** today tried threadmill at safra dam hard not used to it, cold aircon make throat dam pain and must maintain pace during the whole run dam hard

is IPT performance targets hard to reach?
IPT there will be 2 IPPT sessions in the 10 sessions, so the rest of the 8 sessions can choose to play soccer or sports based all the way?

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
** today tried threadmill at safra dam hard not used to it, cold aircon make throat dam pain and must maintain pace during the whole run dam hard

is IPT performance targets hard to reach?
IPT there will be 2 IPPT sessions in the 10 sessions, so the rest of the 8 sessions can choose to play soccer or sports based all the way?

Quite easy to reach ppt target but no incentive nia.

My timing for 2.4km is 16 min +++ to reach ppt target.

TzuyuLove

Banned
Reaction score
Hi there, first time posting here because there are some things that I'm unsure with the new IPT system.

1. So the old system used to be 10 IPT and then 8 RT if you did not pass your PPT standards. However I was reading up on the new system and the Annex D (couldn't post link)

Q14: What are the changes to the IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT)?
Ans: The IPT programme will continue to be available to NSmen who need help with IPPT training. Participants will be able to exit the progamme upon meeting their Personal Performance Targets (PPTs). To better recognise the efforts put in by NSmen to train for IPPT, service pay for IPT programme will be accorded to all NSmen with effect from 1 Apr 2015. NSmen who complete the requisite 10 sessions of IPT within the IPPT window but fail to meet PPTs will no longer be subject to 8 sessions of RT. To motivate NSmen to participate in as many IPT sessions as they can, NSmen who did not complete the IPT will be subject to 20-D sessions of RT in the next window, where D is equal to the number of IPT sessions that the NSmen have participated in, in the preceding 12-month window. NSmen who default IPT will be liable for 20 sessions of RT during their 12-month RT window.

So it writes here that if I complete my 10 IPT sessions by my birthday window e.g my birthday was 1 July 2015 so I I clear 10 sessions of IPT by 1 July 2016, I clear my IPPT obligations for this window? So the next window 1 July 2016 to 1 July 2017, it will be the same process e.g pass IPPT or go for IPT but without the 8 RT sessions?

2. Just a quick question, so the current window is 12 months right? Because 9 months is almost up and I hope I got the information right.

3. I'm thinking of IPT in the Park because of location issues and the parks seem closer. So a few questions: do they count towards your IPT sessions and if yes, what's the IPT in the Park like e.g process, training type and durations?

Once again, thank you. It's really hard to be sure of the new system because there's a lot of conflicting information and outdated information around.
fwah sounds goot for ppl that unable to pass no matter wad

think i will just go for 10 IPT every year

:(

TzuyuLove

Banned
Reaction score
no joke threadmill i think almost half of ppl all fall out unable to complete

instructor see chiu rike stuggling they will just recommend to press the stop button they dun wan chiu fall off the treadmill injure yrself

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
10 IPT session this window, after the window close, considered as fail. New window open, u will be doing RT.

so in short, 1 year IPT, next year RT

thx. so next year window do RT, how many session will it be?

@numbers - That was old system. New system, as long as you complete all 10 sessions, new window is new start isn't it? Can just opt to do IPT again for new window.

NSmen who volunteer for IPT will be considered to have met their annual IPPT requirements if they: (i) pass IPPT; (ii) meet their Personal Performance Targets (PPTs) anytime during their IPT programme; or (iii) complete 10 sessions of IPT during their 12-month IPPT/IPT window. They will no longer be liable for 8 sessions of RT if they do not meet their PPTs by the 10 th session. This is to recognise the efforts that the NSmen have put in to train and meet their fitness targets by volunteering for and completing the 10-session programme.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...6c991&groupId=10401+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg

Last edited:

schoolboyz

Reaction score
Any pre-enlistee taking IPPT here? Is it harder to pass then in JC? My bro did not take his test from sch & will be enlisted in jan or feb nxt yr..

power789

Master Member
Reaction score
taking IPT in parks or places that are not in the camp, also entitled to pay? or they dont pay if u dont do it in camp?

for my first session IPT, i tried to book at PROMONTORY@ MARINA BAY but it stated that (No Test) . I understand the 1st and last IPT is conducted as IPPT? So if I book my first IPT at PROMONTORY@ MARINA BAY, they will reject me when I report there?

Coz the system actually allows me to book....

Last edited:

Nightgyr

Reaction score
Just wish to clarify something. Window closing end of July. So if I take my IPPT before end of July and fail.

-reservist in aug2016. If I pass, will I be exempt RT?
-if fail IPPT anyway, I have a window period from July 2016 to July 2017 to finish my 20 RT sessions?

Many thanks

adinth

Reaction score
Just wish to clarify something. Window closing end of July. So if I take my IPPT before end of July and fail.

-reservist in aug2016. If I pass, will I be exempt RT?
-if fail IPPT anyway, I have a window period from July 2016 to July 2017 to finish my 20 RT sessions?

Many thanks

lol i also exact same situation as u, except i just clear my ipt within this 1 month to play safe.

anyone know the ans above?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.