Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if cannot tell the difference, I would get the ideal diamond instead (probably will save at least 1.5-2k vs a super ideal). Can use the savings to do a nice ring setting.

I have also been looking at other websites (pricescope etc, saw KinoChoco there! :s13:), and if you show them these scopes, they will tell you that it is a very nice diamond. Which it is. Honestly, having looked through some of the posts on other websites, even the experts there have a much higher tolerance for what constitutes a good diamond. If you go and look at websites that provide ASET images like whiteflash, GoodOldGold etc, and look at their top of the range premium diamonds, they will look similar or worse than the ideal diamond you have, and probably be similar price or even higher).

I've looked at a number of websites, and so far, I have not been able to find a diamond in similar price and quality to what JP offered me. The fact that your diamond was not accepted as JP super ideal stock goes to show how stringent their quality control is, because in any other establishment, it would have been regarded as a very good diamond which can be placed in premium stock.

Haha, I was actually very surprised when they told another forumer that their diamond looks very good when the scope images actually sucks in pricescope. I think expectation for most C are low, except carat which they generally go highest at. Oh well, but actually under certain lighting, it does have a little different between ideal and super ideal, so my choice will still be super ideal unless budget constrain

Last edited:

mero_cwj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, here are the scope images. Please advise if this is a good buy. Reason why i chose D colour is becase my SO is colour-sensitive. Wouldnt mind going for an E colour but they dont have a variety of them in stock. Someone please assist to post the images, i am not able to do so.

Its a Super Ideal 0.59 D VS1.

Thanks!

29EPSJ9.jpg

mxNpmzS.jpg

YO2cKkC.jpg

Z2xgWtr.jpg

GyovDJZ.jpg

Help you post the images, it's a very nice diamond :)

mero_cwj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is all JP ring comfort fit ring?

Don't think so... depends on your design. I think can specify that you want a comfort fit ring when you are choosing the setting.

The one I picked is comfort fit because it's a simpler design with a plain band.

josie91

Reaction score
Don't think so... depends on your design. I think can specify that you want a comfort fit ring when you are choosing the setting.

The one I picked is comfort fit because it's a simpler design with a plain band.

Ahh ok thanks! Any idea how long more to collection when the ring is in final stage?

mero_cwj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ahh ok thanks! Any idea how long more to collection when the ring is in final stage?

I haven't finalised the design for crafting yet, but from what I was told, once you have confirmed your ring design, will take between 5-8 weeks for it be crafted. Depends on how complex the design is. Mine is relatively simple so I was told that it should take only 5 weeks.

As for the 3D renders for the design process, it's 2 weeks for the first render, and usually between a few days to a week for each subsequent revision (assuming they are not major revisions).

quanTom.6

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can help see the specifications of the diamonds and let me know what you think? It's 8.8k for the 0.9 carat.

I calculated one of them have a HCA score of 5 le. I don't think its worth to consider it even if the price is low.

How come the certificate have a Israel address?

mero_cwj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can help see the specifications of the diamonds and let me know what you think? It's 8.8k for the 0.9 carat.

Based on the GIA certs alone, the 0.97 one appears very badly cut... HCA score = 5. Is it visibly less sparkly?
(Edit: Lol the 0.97 one all kinds of inclusion also "included" in the package...)

0.90 one looks ok for proportions based on GIA cert alone, but there is a very long feather right smack in the lower center region of the table. Probably can see with naked eye?

IMO, I would rather go down on the color to a G and try and get something with less visible inclusions. 9k odd should be able to get something in the region of high 0.8 at JP?

Last edited:

plokiju

Reaction score

Hi all, here are the scope images. Please advise if this is a good buy. Reason why i chose D colour is becase my SO is colour-sensitive. Wouldnt mind going for an E colour but they dont have a variety of them in stock. Someone please assist to post the images, i am not able to do so.

Its a Super Ideal 0.59 D VS1.

Thanks!

http://imgur.com/29EPSJ9
http://imgur.com/mxNpmzS
http://imgur.com/YO2cKkC
http://imgur.com/Z2xgWtr
http://imgur.com/GyovDJZ

Thanks! How about the rest? Is this a good buy?

mero_cwj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just to add on to my earlier post, even though your SO is colour sensitive, can consider dropping the color to F and up the carat. I could tell that G is very very slightly yellow, but from F upwards I cannot tell any difference liao. Viewed in isolation without comparing to a D diamond, I think F should still look completely colourless, and I'm sure your SO will appreciate the bigger carat weight :s13:

mero_cwj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just came back from a session with JP today. Will share my scope images once I get them.

In the meantime, here's what I was quoted, reference for the Bros out there =):
1) 0.621c E VS1: $5,9XX (is this a good buy?)
2) 0.60xc (can't Rem exact) E VVS1: $5,9XX
2) 0.664c F VVS1: $6,6XX

AGS certified / Solasfera?

If scope images all equally good, I would go for either the 0.621c E VS1 or the 0.664c F VVS1. Probably the 0.664c

Forbidd3n

Reaction score
AGS certified / Solasfera?

If scope images all equally good, I would go for either the 0.621c E VS1 or the 0.664c F VVS1. Probably the 0.664c

Opps! Thanks for the reminder bro. Forgot to mention that these are all octagon diamonds. Only have the AGS num for the 0.621c is: 104084190040

mero_cwj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opps! Thanks for the reminder bro. Forgot to mention that these are all octagon diamonds. Only have the AGS num for the 0.621c is: 104084190040

Ah ok. JP's octagons should all be AGS triple 0. Usually the octagons all have very nice scopes, I'd go for either the 0.621c to save a bit of cash, difference of 0.04 for the 0.664 not much difference in size.

Any idea what a 1c octagon would be price-wise?

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score

There's really no need to ask if the scope images look good for super ideal, ALL of them are at the top range and with the maximum light return and perfect symmetry. All you need to consider are your preference for color and clarity

xorionn

Reaction score
thanks guys!! got a v good deal from a private jeweller who is v helpful. happy now with my 0.8x - if u need the lobang, pm me.

Forbidd3n

Reaction score
Any idea what a 1c octagon would be price-wise?

Not too sure, better to check with them directly. The one who served me was Joey, can try asking for her help as she's quite knowledgable and professional =).

Quality wise for the diamond, I'm sure most are already familiar with JP's standards. What I like abt Joey, and JP, was that she wasn't pushy abt getting the customer to just purchase the biggest or most expensive gem. Rather, she was patient in explaining the details (asked quite a bit since it's a big purchase=:p), and made the whole process of searching for the "one" quite informative and enjoyable.

Best of all, I felt it helped that she was able to share some sincere insights from a female/user perspective, and encouraged me to make my selection to be optimal rather than just the bigger or shinier gem. Can't say the same for some of the other retailers that I've been to..who seemed only interested in pushing the expensive ones upfront without understanding the customers' needs :s8:

Definitely encourage Bros to go to JP and consider looking for Joey, especially if you're not bringing your other half with you to select the design/ gems and need some advice. Compared to the other retailers, I actually felt the most comfortable and assured at JP :)

Last edited:

Forbidd3n

Reaction score
Can I ask how much did JP quote you? I was quoted 9k+ for a 0.78ct

It's probably because it's abv 0.7? They did share that as per industry standards, the price wld differ quite a bit from the lower c once it's that range and abv. What cut is it?

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
Can I ask how much did JP quote you? I was quoted 9k+ for a 0.78ct

Your stone probably have slightly better specs, and yeah, 0.7 is the next significant jump in prices after 0.5, these may be the reasons why your price are much higher than his.

Regards
Kino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.