Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_flame

Reaction score
by-vilain-skyline-breeze-shampoo-stuff_200x200@2x.jpg

nichsong

Reaction score
Ubersuave, GetZGY, Jasyounic, Apestomen

Attn: All who were interested, or part of the discussion about the local products like GetZGY and Ubersuave

Rmb we were discussing about the products actually being MIC and how selective advertising was used? Well apparently SGPomades have released a new line called Apestomen. Frequent users of the Shopee app would probably have heard of it. Selling like hotcakes now.. Concept wise same as the brands mentioned above. Advertised as: SG brand, Formulated in USA. But flipping around and looking at the product label, it clearly states MIC.

Now clearly they didn't lie about anything.. but the way in which they framed the info.. "SG brand but formulated USA" without any statement about the product being MIC. Ethical or not? Cos most of us seeing the words "formulated in USA" are going to assume that the product was made in USA. The word "formulated" is kind of ambiguous here especially for consumers new to the game. Food for thought.

A user by the moniker of slxdegrees posted in the comments section, went to slam them. Quite an interesting exchange between both him and SGPomades. All who are interested should go take a look. I took SS but lazy to post haha.. If only hwz would allow direct upload for pics.

Last edited:

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Attn: All who were interested, or part of the discussion about the local products like GetZGY and Ubersuave

Rmb we were discussing about the products actually being MIC and how selective advertising was used? Well apparently SGPomades have released a new line called Apestomen. Frequent users of the Shopee app would probably have heard of it. Selling like hotcakes now.. Concept wise same as the brands mentioned above. Advertised as: SG brand, Formulated in USA. But flipping around and looking at the product label, it clearly states MIC.

Now clearly they didn't lie about anything.. but the way in which they framed the info.. "SG brand but formulated USA" without any statement about the product being MIC. Ethical or not? Cos most of us seeing the words "formulated in USA" are going to assume that the product was made in USA. The word "formulated" is kind of ambiguous here especially for consumers new to the game. Food for thought.

A user by the moniker of slxdegrees posted in the comments section, went to slam them. Quite an interesting exchange between both him and SGPomades. All who are interested should go take a look. I took SS but lazy to post haha.. If only hwz would allow direct upload for pics.
Where to see the comments?

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using CM13 using GAGT

nichsong

Reaction score
@whysoliddat Must have Shopee account + app to see.. Haha unless someone can name me one easy to use image hosting website. I upload for all to see

Mogan23

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
long time no come in here. recently cut amani at romeo barber shop. it's at 1A Woodlands Centre Rd, 731001 same block as helmet boys shop, just round the corner.

fast and normal price $8. now i can style mowhawk also :s12: and more cooling.
next time i go there i will try their hair tattoo cuts

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today styled my hair wit mm chrome,anybody know how to make the not that curl?Been trying to use hair dryer to make it straight but keep having hard time.
1252hso.jpg

35l6u1d.jpg

Simple solution is to cut it short. Your fringe is too long which is why it starts to curl up. Cutting it shorter will solve the problem. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
8gIBr7A.jpg

Styled with dynamite clay. Didnt prestyle because somehow i wokeup with my hair standing striaght up :D

Thanks for sharing bro! If you allow me to put in my 2cents, suggest to wash your hair and blowdry to be able to shape your hair better, layer your hair (personally i think its too thick and naturally heavy for any styling).

Please note that the above does not mention any prestyler but not recommended to style the hair after just woke up. It's likely that it wont be a good hair day.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

want to check:

1) for delaying male balding to as late as possible, anyone tried using Nizoral A-D shampoo before? i'm taking all necessary steps to keep my hair for as long as i can. according to many reviews, Nizoral shampoo has this ketoconazole ingredient that can get rid of the DHT on the scalp and DHT is the main cause for hair loss if i'm not wrong. only issue is that this kind of shampoo seems to be quite drying for the hair.

2) anyone tried those scalp treatment at neighbourhood salons before? do they work? does hair become healthier and thus result in less hair loss?

1. Yes DHT is the main culprit for men's balding. Do try it out and let us know. Since we're on this topic, do keep out for a new DHT stopper shampoo on TPJ!

2. Yes, i tried it out. For that moment, yes. You will feel refreshed and feel some differences to your scalp. But the word is feel. Unlikely to see any visible differences if its just an once off thing. For those to work, the frequency of the treatment matters.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is quite the crappy shampoo compared to blind barber shampoo.

but i am happy user of vogne. haha
BB Shampoo too drying for me

Nothing wrong what. Never lie. Apple also USA Brand but MIC.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

sgpomade is a dick hahaha i say it proudly
by right can sue cause made in where must say cause it can be a misleading ad

Ted100

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am currently using American Crew Defining Paste but want to try something different. The one thing I dislike about the paste is that it takes a couple of shampoo washes to get rid of.

Because I want something that washes off more easily, I’ve been done some googling and it looks like the common recommended brands are water-based pomades like Shear Revival Crystal Lake and Daimon Barber no. 1. Morris Motley seems to be a popular brand here at HWZ as well.

Are any of these similar to the AC Defining Paste in terms of hold (medium) and shine (low), but better at washing off?

Thanks!

Jun_rui

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing bro! If you allow me to put in my 2cents, suggest to wash your hair and blowdry to be able to shape your hair better, layer your hair (personally i think its too thick and naturally heavy for any styling).

Please note that the above does not mention any prestyler but not recommended to style the hair after just woke up. It's likely that it wont be a good hair day.

Thanks for the tips. This is the longest my hair has ever been so im not used to styling it.

nichsong

Reaction score
It's mentioned on the label that its MIC la, but not in the advertisement itself. So technically, customers who are buying it will have no idea that its MIC, only after they have received it, Only then will they know. Idk if its illegal, or a loophole or what. Just honestly feel that it can be very misleading especially for the consumer.

I believe that they know that if they display MIC big big on their adverts, its gonna potentially turn customers away. As for the rest of us who take our grooming products abit more seriously.. it matters alot more to us.

Ethical or not?

At the end of the day, in terms of running a business.. being upfront and honest as part of good customer service is what keeps loyal customers. I think that speaks alot :)

sgpomade is a dick hahaha i say it proudly
by right can sue cause made in where must say cause it can be a misleading ad

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's mentioned on the label that its MIC la, but not in the advertisement itself. So technically, customers who are buying it will have no idea that its MIC, only after they have received it, Only then will they know. Idk if its illegal, or a loophole or what. Just honestly feel that it can be very misleading especially for the consumer.

I believe that they know that if they display MIC big big on their adverts, its gonna potentially turn customers away. As for the rest of us who take our grooming products abit more seriously.. it matters alot more to us.

Ethical or not?

At the end of the day, in terms of running a business.. being upfront and honest as part of good customer service is what keeps loyal customers. I think that speaks alot :)

lololol.

then why made in china? i don't think its ever formulated in Cali. haha

nichsong

Reaction score
Haha on a side note, Ubersuave is also "formulated in Cali" apparently. Lots of grey area.

Anws GX bro, saw that u brought in powermade haha. How is it?

lololol.

then why made in china? i don't think its ever formulated in Cali. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.