[GPGT] My Humble 4rm Reno Journey

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To share my house reno progress since i gotten the keys officially on the 26th May 2016(May 2013 BTO Launch)..

Design is mostly wife's idea while i see if it's feasible or not. All done by my contractor who is also my wife's friend so although i can pass you his contact if anyone is keen, i cant give u exact breakdown cost of reno items cos got friendship price for some portion, can provide ballpark figure excluding lightings.

Damn long wait thou and the hectic renovation progress, buying the appliances, arranging for delivery to overseeing installation + cleaning.

Officially moved in on 22nd July(Siam 7th lunar month + my parents place started toilet HIP 1 day after i move), maybe got time go back help them clean clean abit..Left my Dyson cordless with them for this period.

As per all gan chiong future flat owners, we did a weekly walk to the bto site(3km away) around late 2015 when the blk was in it's final stages.

And during one of the trip, we manage to sneak in.

Pictures taken using iPhone so perspective is different from post to post.

The Living Rm, BR2 on the left.
g7ICPDU.jpg

Service yard
pl0Qrw4.jpg

Circuit breaker utility box. fibre optic, low end Legrand switches use for the whole house. RJ45 ready with 6 points(2 in living, 1 in each bedroom, 1 in bomb shelter).
ZtqPogC.jpg

Bedroom 2
yQBxl5Z.jpg

MBR
tLqCpwA.jpg

View to living from MBR
nTeL9ui.jpg

Entrance to kitchen
PC0PrRA.jpg

Walkway to MBR, BR1 and common toilet
u8ARb8m.jpg

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MBR Toilet. Big window for aircon ledge access. Not all unit here comes with it, it depends on the layout of the flat itself.
ZQsSb6B.jpg

Bedroom 1
WPXmUo4.jpg

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah didn't know nowadays new flats comes with network points cabling built in d.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah didn't know nowadays new flats comes with network points cabling built in d.

Exactly..I was actually quite surprise when i saw it cos i tot it would be like my friend's BTO in Punggol with only 1 data point, RJ11 in all rooms and then need to get someone to terminate into RJ45 at the utility box area.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On 26th May 2016, about 2 years 361 days after application. We are finally proud homeowner(But the reno part almost killed me :s13: )

But when we open and step in for the first time officially, not much of an excitement. Probably becos we went into our unit before it was completed so for future flat owners, pls dont sneak in if you wana get that excited feel.

Also take note that the electrical and piping diagram is provided in hardcopy inside the flat, take and scan then keep a softcopy. Another advice provided by my contractor is to take pictures of all those piping label sticker on the wall since it would be removed when reno is completed and you would wan to know where the piping is hidden so that any drilling in the future, can refer to the picture(Piping diagram wont show where it comes down vertically, also not that clear horizontally).

Pictures below taken using my Sony A7II(FF Camera so perspective is much wider).

Living rm tidy up.
MqMY0qQ.jpg

Entrance to kitchen and main door.
30RpDug.jpg

The kitchen and service yard.
PUCPZC7.jpg

From service yard into the kitchen.
ODGf69d.jpg

That odd bedroom which would be hacked and converted into my study rm, adjoining the living room.
YQ3jgzh.jpg

Common toilet.
UGrdA09.jpg

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly..I was actually quite surprise when i saw it cos i tot it would be like my friend's BTO in Punggol with only 1 data point, RJ11 in all rooms and then need to get someone to terminate into RJ45 at the utility box area.

Erm, you mean all your rooms have rj45 port? Which BTO project is this?

Expert

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gxgx! the BR2 really odd position, and the MBR toilet window also, the corridor can see into ur kitchen.. :s13:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Are the rooms very small ? From the pics, they seem to be so.

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gxgx! the BR2 really odd position, and the MBR toilet window also, the corridor can see into ur kitchen.. :s13:

There's 2 layout here..3 bedroom in a row like the typical BTO and this with the odd room but bomb shelter in kitchen. And this with the odd bedroom and bomb shelter beside it.

Our plan is to convert one room to studyroom and also one kid. So this plan suit us well and also more squarish overall..

For the mbr toilet, it could have been worse like my another friend at yishun bto..that window which I have in the toilet is in the mbr wall for him and stand alone in a separate wall..

Cookie Muncher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine is a 5-room, still under construction. i took a peek at a unit with similar layout, went in first thing, wth? so small? :(

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine is a 5-room, still under construction. i took a peek at a unit with similar layout, went in first thing, wth? so small? :(

Certain stuff/tiles will make it look bigger.. Stay tune for next update..

Just home from ntuc shopping..

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To share my house reno progress since i gotten the keys officially on the 26th May 2016(May 2013 BTO Launch)..

Design is mostly wife's idea while i see if it's feasible or not. All done by my contractor who is also my wife's friend so although i can pass you his contact is anyone is keen, i cant give u exact breakdown cost of reno items cos got friendship price for some portion, can provide ballpark figure excluding lightings.

Damn long wait thou and the hectic renovation progress, buying the appliances, arranging for delivery to overseeing installation + cleaning.

Officially moved in on 22nd July(Siam 7th lunar month + my parents place started toilet HIP 1 day after i move), maybe got time go back help them clean clean abit..Left my Dyson cordless with them for this period.

As per all gan chiong future flat owners, we did a weekly walk to the bto site(3km away) around late 2015 when the blk was in it's final stages.

And during one of the trip, we manage to sneak in.

Pcitures taken using iPhone so perspective is different from post to post.

The Living Rm, BR2 on the left.
g7ICPDU.jpg

Service yard
pl0Qrw4.jpg

Circuit breaker utility box. fibre optic, low end Legrand switches use for the whole house. RJ45 ready with 6 points(2 in living, 1 in each bedroom, 1 in bomb shelter).
ZtqPogC.jpg

Bedroom 2
yQBxl5Z.jpg

MBR
tLqCpwA.jpg

View to living from MBR
nTeL9ui.jpg

Entrance to kitchen
PC0PrRA.jpg

Walkway to MBR, BR1 and common toilet
u8ARb8m.jpg
In to support.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.