The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

djoker

Reaction score
hahaha BS product.

if only they dare say its made in china and its proven selling well.
that is satki

if not, blah. some fake advertising.

Apestomen, ubersuave, getzgy pomades are mainly targeting the secondary school kids, army boys or those newbies in the pomade world who don't know much about pomades. They charge a low price of $10-$15 to entice this group of people. Basically targetting those who value price over quality.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Have decided to grow out my mane to this stage:

0d293c639438db20686f081388ec246a.jpg

In the meantime, just visiting the saloon once in a while to tidy up split ends.

Gonna be 3 months of ugly hair. Been wearing a cap/hat when going out these days. :(

P.S I saw an auntie on the train on Sat with similar hair. So tempted to do a face-swap on Snapchat LOL.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally got to try the byrd matte pomade.
not a bad product, i would say its the hard cream version of bb90 and its a good alternative to it.
doesn't work in that fast compared to the bb90, so gives u more time to style your hair.
hold is pretty solid and it smells very masculine. like cologne, very 60s-70s.

will be bringing the entire range of byrd soon. will try the classic pomade and light pomade when i have the time.

this is a sample tub, the original tub has more quantity.

yes i need a hair cut soon

8C04BA3A-F517-4377-9A4B-16E39E1A2B5F_zpsjqyoj8zs.jpg

98AF1719-2F6B-45E4-B59E-AEB6AAE9ACE6_zpsylaof05c.jpg

0536AE05-8840-4C1E-8B61-774E2EE142FC_zpsjgqztuz5.jpg

Jun_rui

Reaction score
finally got to try the byrd matte pomade.
not a bad product, i would say its the hard cream version of bb90 and its a good alternative to it.
doesn't work in that fast compared to the bb90, so gives u more time to style your hair.
hold is pretty solid and it smells very masculine. like cologne, very 60s-70s.

will be bringing the entire range of byrd soon. will try the classic pomade and light pomade when i have the time.

this is a sample tub, the original tub has more quantity.

yes i need a hair cut soon

8C04BA3A-F517-4377-9A4B-16E39E1A2B5F_zpsjqyoj8zs.jpg

98AF1719-2F6B-45E4-B59E-AEB6AAE9ACE6_zpsylaof05c.jpg

0536AE05-8840-4C1E-8B61-774E2EE142FC_zpsjgqztuz5.jpg

How is the hold compared to bb90? Might get this instead of bb90

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is the hold compared to bb90? Might get this instead of bb90?

hmm hold wise, this doesn't harden with fiber like structure as the bb90
its slight softer to touch but with good amount of hold
restyle ability better than bb90

however some people prefer the bb90 cause of its fiber like structure.

i have yet to bring them in, stock but you can wait till its out maybe in a week or two.

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
for those with haircuts that have short hair on the sides, do yall use hair clipper and trim it yourself or do yall go hairdresser cut ah? how regularly yall trim?

weathersohot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time going to stylist. Do I have to book an appointment if I only want to cut my hair?

Any advice? I not going to specify what hairstyle I want.

Does anyone have twister's pricelist? For salon director

Do I need to confirm about the pricing with them first?

paiseh ah, noob questions

djoker

Reaction score
First time going to stylist. Do I have to book an appointment if I only want to cut my hair?

Any advice? I not going to specify what hairstyle I want.

Does anyone have twister's pricelist? For salon director

Do I need to confirm about the pricing with them first?

paiseh ah, noob questions

I assume you know what style you wanna get alr but you not gonna specify to us? Or you yourself have no clue what you want and leave it to the stylist to suggest? Sorry, was a bit confused by that statement of yours. If you want those classic slick back, pompadour, executive contour kind of hairstyles, maybe going to a barber will be better? What do others here think? Barbers for classics no?

weathersohot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I assume you know what style you wanna get alr but you not gonna specify to us? Or you yourself have no clue what you want and leave it to the stylist to suggest? Sorry, was a bit confused by that statement of yours. If you want those classic slick back, pompadour, executive contour kind of hairstyles, maybe going to a barber will be better? What do others here think? Barbers for classics no?

as in I prefer stylist to suggest

djoker

Reaction score
Most places do appointments and walk ins, some do appointment-based only, better to check with them, give them a call to ask and you can ask for price and book at the same time too? If you not sure which stylist to book with, some establishments have fb and ig accounts that showcase their stylists' works. If you see one style you like and the stylist is credited for creating this style of his/her client, you can book this particular stylist if you wish to. Alternatively, you can read reviews on facebook and name-spot the "more-reviewed" stylists but then again this is subjective.

From what i know, only hounds of the baskervilles is solely walk-in based. Most places do both walk in and appts la

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
pay for professional to do it. cut every once a month.

i don't think so. should be fairly easy with shampoo-ing

do you cut at those $10 shops or go those more expensive hairsalons every month ah?

if go those $10 shops, should i style my hair beforehand so easier for them to see the hairstyle and trim accordingly?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do you cut at those $10 shops or go those more expensive hairsalons every month ah?

if go those $10 shops, should i style my hair beforehand so easier for them to see the hairstyle and trim accordingly?

Far East. $30 bucks. Cut overall. I go back to who I trust for the last 2-3 years.
I never style.

Jun_rui

Reaction score

I go in styled and just tell the person to trim the sides. I go to those $12 salons

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I go in styled and just tell the person to trim the sides. I go to those $12 salons

I do know of people who alternate between salon and $10/12 cuts (but trim sides/back only)

E.g. Salon, 2weeks later $10/12, 2 weeks later $10/12, 2 weeks later salon again.

depends if your hairstyle can tahan only trimming sides and back and don't touch the main crop for 6-7 weeks.

Jun_rui

Reaction score
How do u guys prestyle ur hair? I prestyle using a finger of dc on damp hair than blowdry for about 2 mins using hot than cold hair. Is sea salt spray "needed" to help hold whole day or dc good enough for prestyling?

nichsong

Reaction score
I'm glad you asked bro. Seasalt Spray helps you get that "all day hold" because of its properties. Besides giving you some hold and foundation for your finishing product, it also absorbs all that excessive oil and grease that is on your scalp which otherwise weighs the hair down.

Take note that most of our "Asian" hair types are already limp, straight and want to just lay flat on our scalp. Any additional weight isn't going to help with hairstyles that require volume.

So this is why SSS works so damn well for our hair type. Trust me, try it once and you won't regret it. Really is a game changer. SSS to me is like Batman. The finishing product is Robin. LOL. I think i can be an ambassador for SSS.

You can get SSS from either theprettyjerk.com or hairbroducts.com :) Both businesses are run and owned by fellow members of our thread!

Oh yes to add, I usually spritz 3-4 pumps of SSS onto towel dried hair and then spread it evenly by running my fingers through my hair. After which I blow dry with the hot setting till its mostly dry, then blast it again with cool air to lock it in. After that, I just apply finishing product and shape my hairstyle into how I want it. Hairspray is optional - I don't use it personally though.

How do u guys prestyle ur hair? I prestyle using a finger of dc on damp hair than blowdry for about 2 mins using hot than cold hair. Is sea salt spray "needed" to help hold whole day or dc good enough for prestyling?

Last edited:

Kahlua73

Reaction score
False advertising will well refer to the latest tiong brand Refined by originalfook.

He even copy a 2015 image from eighteeneight.com site for use as his own for his brand publicity lol.

That's what I call false misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.