The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone knows where to make just the lens at a cheap price? I only have one pair of spectacles and usually they will need to take away the spectacles to make the lens right? (Other than owndays that can do it within 20mins but $198 for hi index is quite steep for me)

go any optician shop they should do for u.. some dun wan cause scared they make spoil cannot pay u

nbhw_0987

Reaction score
$198 can do a brand new specs at some shop already, they wouldn't need to take away ur specs to do a new one for u.

Anyone knows where to make just the lens at a cheap price? I only have one pair of spectacles and usually they will need to take away the spectacles to make the lens right? (Other than owndays that can do it within 20mins but $198 for hi index is quite steep for me)

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Do at neighborhood shop.. Boon lay here have $75..

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
how do i know if the hoya lens i received is authentic? i forgot to ask for authencity card. and even if they got give the card.. can also be from other customer who didnt collect?

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
Yongming at KSL, anyone know if can collect on tat day or need to wait?
I think holiday plaza yong ming cheaper.
1.6 index normal lens maybe can. Most spects shop only keep normal 1.6 index lens. If their inventory have, then can collect same day.

Saw quite alot ppl at yong ming at holiday plaza. Bought my spects from ban eyecare.
Lee cooper frame and Blue whale lens 500degrees 1.67index for RM660.
Another Korean plastic frame + Hoya lens 1.6index, forgot price.

Having doubts about their honesty.They say blue whale lens is US brand, but when I go home n Google check, blue whales is their local brand. Their website, server, factory, distributors, all in KL. When I ask them, they say is cause the lens company is acting as middleman, which I have trouble believing. The Hoya lens for the other frame, they also never give us authencity card, nor can I find Hoya trademark on the lens, need to go see other optician see if the lens is indeed Hoya since their trademark isn't that easy to see.

Went on Sunday, they say coming wed latest thur can collect, will WhatsApp us. On wed, no msg, fb msg them, reply me cannot confirm.
Thur, noon I at Jb customs liao they then msg me say courier problem lens can only come on Friday noon.
Friday evening they then update us say ready.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
I think holiday plaza yong ming cheaper.
1.6 index normal lens maybe can. Most spects shop only keep normal 1.6 index lens. If their inventory have, then can collect same day.

Saw quite alot ppl at yong ming at holiday plaza. Bought my spects from ban eyecare.
Lee cooper frame and Blue whale lens 500degrees 1.67index for RM660.
Another Korean plastic frame + Hoya lens 1.6index, forgot price.

Having doubts about their honesty.They say blue whale lens is US brand, but when I go home n Google check, blue whales is their local brand. Their website, server, factory, distributors, all in KL. When I ask them, they say is cause the lens company is acting as middleman, which I have trouble believing. The Hoya lens for the other frame, they also never give us authencity card, nor can I find Hoya trademark on the lens, need to go see other optician see if the lens is indeed Hoya since their trademark isn't that easy to see.

Went on Sunday, they say coming wed latest thur can collect, will WhatsApp us. On wed, no msg, fb msg them, reply me cannot confirm.
Thur, noon I at Jb customs liao they then msg me say courier problem lens can only come on Friday noon.
Friday evening they then update us say ready.

OO hoya got authencity card? I did mine in sg 2x. Don't remember if I received it the first time but i did not received it the second time.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
OO hoya got authencity card? I did mine in sg 2x. Don't remember if I received it the first time but i did not received it the second time.

Ya have. And on the lens got their trademark. Need shine light n see. Quite small

eXceSsivE

Reaction score
May I know where I can buy reasonable Ic berlin glasses frame through online? The local shops are too expensive. Appreciate the help.

peggwong

Reaction score

If you just wana make the lens only, there's $50 at Hougang central but ultimately prices dependent on factors like your degree and the coating of the lens you require, but will need you to place your frame down. Alternatively you can make a brand new pair at $78 and likewise, prices dependent on the quality of frame, your degree and the coating of the lens.

Last edited:

peggwong

Reaction score
Shine and see, don't have.. Hmm...

You might need to tilt the lens and see if you're able to spot the logo on the lens, but there's a chance that there might be no logo on the lens even if it's real Hoya lens. Cause if the lens is cut by the shop themselves instead of sending to Hoya lab, there will not be any Hoya logo engraving on the lens.

peggwong

Reaction score
EyeZen lens available in most optical shop? My hoya lens already cost me $500 and my degree is only 100+ on each side.. If EyeZen lens is good then I will not go for hoya..

Can eyezen add transition?

Eyezen lens is available in most optical shops and possible to have it in transitions too.

mackie8

Reaction score
OWNDAYS de specs can buy boh? Sounds cheap and fast

Sent from 猪仔饼 using GAGT

im also looking for cheap specs.. (first time glasses wearer)

found this shop in bishan.. nanyang optical. b1 junction 8..
got my specs from them at $200+ only.. vintage frame + crizal lens (blue filter) -25 -75 only... i went to owndays.. i didnt like the quality of their frames... looks will break easily..

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Why rayban frames so expensive. Is it wise to import frame (so its 20% cheaper) and ask shops like capitol/nanyang to fit the lens for you?

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
You might need to tilt the lens and see if you're able to spot the logo on the lens, but there's a chance that there might be no logo on the lens even if it's real Hoya lens. Cause if the lens is cut by the shop themselves instead of sending to Hoya lab, there will not be any Hoya logo engraving on the lens.

the logo is there by default. but if small frame spect shop might cut if off.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.