Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

AristroCats

Master Member
Reaction score
I always try to avoid using flashlight so as not to distract other diners.

I'm using mobile also because too troublesome to carry another camera. It's an almost 3 years old Samsung Galaxy that I'm about to replace soon.

Gosh, your pictures are so clear and mouth-watering. :D
Good job! :s12:

vogriphach

Reaction score

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New dinner buffet in Shangri-la Singapore The Line running til 14th August only. Local hawker fare included in the buffet plus some creative interpretations of local food, i.e. cheong fun with nasi lemak on top for example. Plus a stand where one can eat unlimited fresh durian.

Starts at $79++

Wrote about my experience here: http://iwandered.net/2016/08/01/flavours-of-singapore-dinner-buffet-2016-the-line-shangri-la-singapore/

Nice pics. How's the durians? I tot about going later in Aug when the durians should be better. They said serving msw, but dunno the quality how.

vogriphach

Reaction score
Nice pics. How's the durians? I tot about going later in Aug when the durians should be better. They said serving msw, but dunno the quality how.

There were too many things I didn't have enough stomach space anymore for the durians. And yes, they had MSW!

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There were too many things I didn't have enough stomach space anymore for the durians. And yes, they had MSW!

No space for MSW???? Sacrilegious!!!!

Kidding :s13:

Heng i read your blog. Cos their website actually indicated til end Aug. So i tot still got lots of time. I called them to confirm after seeing 14 Aug in your blog. Wat heng ah, really 14 Aug. Managed to secure reservation .... phew! The meats @ the carving stn looks good too, but i think the cheaper days like sun, mon n wed, maybe only chicken nia =:p

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's full house last year. You can see some of the pictures at my website below.

I know its a hassle, but if you can post pic of the naked lobster ginnas, it will make your blog more interesting imo.

For example, posting both these pics as opposed to only posting the first one.
4J5A1k5.jpg

2C4BCBd.jpg

Last edited:

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
Melt cafe at mandarin oriental had 1 for 1 for hsbc cards till end aug, dinner only. Fri and weekend 98++ (with bbq) other days 88++. Am going tomorrow, and have another reservation at the end of the month.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Melt cafe at mandarin oriental had 1 for 1 for hsbc cards till end aug, dinner only. Fri and weekend 98++ (with bbq) other days 88++. Am going tomorrow, and have another reservation at the end of the month.

Went recently with some folks here when they had a guest chef from the middle east. The mutton dishes are nice, esp the 'camel' below. Simply the nicest mutton biryani i ever eaten :love:

U4vRHjr.jpg

However, other than tat, the rest of the food are avg imo. Plus they no longer serving suckling pig. BBQ stn ordering is also messy. For the price, they should take our orders, prepare n serve it to our table. Oh well, now everywhere short of staff :s8:

Hope they improved. Enjoy your dinner!

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
Went recently with some folks here when they had a guest chef from the middle east. The mutton dishes are nice, esp the 'camel' below. Simply the nicest mutton biryani i ever eaten :love:

http://i.imgur.com/U4vRHjr.jpg[/mg]

However, other than tat, the rest of the food are avg imo. Plus they no longer serving suckling pig. BBQ stn ordering is also messy. For the price, they should take our orders, prepare n serve it to our table. Oh well, now everywhere short of staff :s8:

Hope they improved. Enjoy your dinner![/QUOTE]

Thanks! How's the seafood spread there? Any cooked lobsters?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 slot open for indonesian buffet @ Kintamani, Furama Riverfront.

Note that the spread is predominantly indon malay food. Dun have cheeses, bread, sashimi etc. Seafood on ice only prawns. They have chilli crab (yummy sauce, so so crabs) n lamb leg carving (some parts yummy).

Date. Mon 8 Aug
Time. 6pm
Price. $32.40 nett

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds disappointing. I thought melt was the besr buffet restaurant in singapore.

Aiyah, just go n try lor. Its not lousy by any means, just not tat good either. Who knows, you might like it? :D

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some pics from Line ...

Yummy salmon n swordfish sashimi
AvAjQ0X.jpg

UYh0nPl.jpg

Huge chunk of wagyu ...
yeXq3Ma.jpg

All the wagyu are mine!!! Muahahaaa!!!
3sMlwiW.jpg

Fresh n sweet clayfish. Dunno y they tagged it as mantis shrimp though.
uPPV4Lh.jpg

n .... the durians ... but dun have MSW.
6Y00wVZ.jpg

The chef there said they dun serve MSW ... my face when i heard the news ...
9ULukc3.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.