Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
High humidity is characterised by sweat staying on the skin. Becos the air is saturated with water, sweat cannot evaporate off the skin. This is basically what we feel in singapore after the rain stops and the sun comes out. You sweat but it doesn't evaporate.

It is perhaps easier for us singaporean to distinguish how mid humidity feels like, which is basically how you feel in most (properly sized) airconed locations.

So if the humidity is not reduce enough, basically you feel cool, but the sweat stays on your body. That's akin to the feeling of night time after a downpour.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Isnt it very dangerous like that? It's like what the elderly always say long term will kana Hon sip

Last edited:

gn2807

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any place that I can buy 1 unit of Starmex wall unit?

Need 1 for replacement.

Current unit, the air coming out like as if it is choked and chemical wash didn't help as comes back after a few months.

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like most here prefer MHI starmex. So few use daikin? They are like the best when comes to aircon right?

tqx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
feels like buying LG , the sales say until got dragon got tiger , say starmex is all marketing , lousy one

Hottyhot

Reaction score
feels like buying LG , the sales say until got dragon got tiger , say starmex is all marketing , lousy one
Personally I don't really like starmex cos of the ad with the spec guy who will say....

擦擦着里。。。。。😂

empirestrike

Reaction score

lg hard to maintain.. hard to service.. sales person will push the brand that give them the most commission... trust yr regular aircond service man... hope u find what u want... oso when buy things depend on yr luck oso...:s12::s12:

empirestrike

Reaction score
Seems like most here prefer MHI starmex. So few use daikin? They are like the best when comes to aircon right?

Mitsubishi Starmex dont get it wrong with MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries)..
Daikin last time very expensive so nobody recommended.. now the price quite ok...
Daikin only make aircond product so they are the best... my home install Daikin... very good...

Last edited:

yosemi

Reaction score

lg made in korea, the sales person told me.

starmex is jack neo ads that make it expensive

empirestrike

Reaction score
Is there any place that I can buy 1 unit of Starmex wall unit?

Need 1 for replacement.

Current unit, the air coming out like as if it is choked and chemical wash didn't help as comes back after a few months.

Do they do the a proper cleaning? bring down the whole unit ( metal coil, body, drain tray, blower and pcboard ) and wash the metal coil with chemical... sure can last very long... From REDCON AIR

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Where do u guys recommend to buy Daikin aircon at the best price? Gain city?
My friend installed Daikin system 3 for 3k from Proshop Alexandra in June and so far no complaint. I missed the boat for the 3 yr warranty. We also checked GC at next door but their upgrade materials had to pay extra, unlike Proshop which included everything

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 2 years old starmex died on me two days ago. i suspect the fcu is gone case or the compressor is not doing as supposed. also i saw sweating on my trunking.

if call starmex. minimum 150+30 just for inspection..

U didnt take extended warranty? GC giving unlimited extended warranty but got to pay for peace of mind for 5yrs. Worth it?

D-Wade

Reaction score
bought sys3 from GC (Mitsubishi)

$2,893 for the system
$1,500 for the installation (concealed in ceiling)
$150 for bracket

overall paid $4,543

G22 wire
retain the existing drain pipe

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depend on ur 5 room is old or new flat. the old one will need system 5. if new bto 5 room can do with system 4. however depends on layout of the living room and also if you want proper cooling. u can get MHI system 4 (1x 24k , 3 x 9k)

or MHI system 4 (1x ceiling cassette for your hall and 3 x 9k fcu for ur room.

or u can get 1 x cassette for your hall and a system 3 for your rooms.

or u can get 3+2 systems as per your ID.

bro, can recommend a system 5 aircon?

gn2807

Master Member
Reaction score
Do they do the a proper cleaning? bring down the whole unit ( metal coil, body, drain tray, blower and pcboard ) and wash the metal coil with chemical... sure can last very long... From REDCON AIR

Yup! They did, they even chemical wash 3 times but still dirty. Tat why thinking of replace the unit.

Maybe do 1 more round of chemical wash then decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.