Price comparing for lasting power of attorney

Crash111

Reaction score
Where to get lasting power of attorney done at a cheaper price?

You can get it done at www.publicguardian.gov.sg. For Form 1, it costs $50 (I believe there is a fee waiver till Sept 2016 for SG citizens). You'll need a lawyer or doctor to certify the LPA. The website has a step by step guide, and they simplified the forms over the years.

Opps-gal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much the cost to just go find the doctor to certify? If ask lawyer do LPA usually cost how much?

Opps-gal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an update. I call a few doctor from the list on the website. Some quote $50- $200, price big difference.

Wonder is there any special for those charging $200? :s8: Sign form only so expensive, so of course people will goes for cheapest one? Charge $200, not like they are going to help me fill up my form 1? :s22: Polyclinic got any doctor that can sign? Anyway still got to make appointment for signing.

YouYongQun

Reaction score
Edit: Sata Potong Pasir and Tampines have it at $29!

Cheapest so far

Last edited:

beautyseek

Reaction score
Thinking about getting LPA and AMD done. Anyone can share cheapest place to get certification for Form 1 (basic) and AMD?

Called a clinic. Quoted $150 for LPA and $50 for AMD. I dont need advice just signature so this is very expensive for me.

Last edited:

lunatic_tokyo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Able to advise if LPA is necessary for someone imagine become a vegetable or unconscious for prolong period, does a "Will" kicks in or we need LPA to assist with the banking and shares(withdrawal)?

Any recommendation for a good lawyer to write a will? Need to split bank, investment and insurance claims upon death between family members.

Thank you in advance

elnewbie

Reaction score
A will only kicks in after a person is dead, hence the need for an LPA.

Hi guys,

Able to advise if LPA is necessary for someone imagine become a vegetable or unconscious for prolong period, does a "Will" kicks in or we need LPA to assist with the banking and shares(withdrawal)?

Any recommendation for a good lawyer to write a will? Need to split bank, investment and insurance claims upon death between family members.

Thank you in advance

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance

LPA is for while the person is still living, but mentality incapacitated like what you have mentioned, or under any condition that is not being able to make a decision.

beautyseek

Reaction score
One other thing. Does anyone know how it works if one nominates children under cpf nomination? Are cpf monies held in trust until they turn 21 and if so, what are fees chargeable by public trustee? Also, while funds are held in trust, will funds enjoy prevailing cpf interest rate?

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so anyone can sic where to get the cheapest will, lpa and amd? not necessarily all at the same place :o

YouYongQun

Reaction score
1. Will--Will u can DIY. Go read.
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/why-you-should-make-a-will-and-how-to-do-it

2. LPA--doctor can only do form 1. Phone numbers listed in the link. anson/tp area only got 3 clinic. https://www.publicguardian.gov.sg/opg/Documents/CSC.MSF.OPGWebsite/Documents/GP_updated 14122015.pdf

Form 2 is the more complicated one. Need lawyer. Lawyer form 1 oso can do. I ask my fren gf do 4 me..FOC. Sorry no sic

3.. AMD--just print out form, go any doctor n do. U need 2 witness. Cheapest one is clinic with lowest consult charge. If u can get $8 fr polyclinic still then there must be lowest lo.

rainforest

Reaction score
Last time I ask 1 clinic in Chinatown pt the fee is abt $50, need to book apt and need to bring donee along and u got to fill up the form first. For lawyer at least $800.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.