DBS Visa Debit 5% cashback for contactless payment

DBS Bank

Reaction score
thats y im confused, cos the TNC did state, NETS/flashpay etc transaction EXCLUDE. but nv say VISA ...

Here's a line from the T&C which can help to answer your questions.

The 5% Cashback (“Cashback”) is awarded on DBS Visa Debit Card (“Qualifying Card”) local Visa payWave transactions that also includes in-store payments made by Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay provisioned with Qualifying Card (collectively “Contactless Spend”). This is effective from 1 August 2016.

Reaction score
Is it considered a withdrawal from card, the ATU direct deduction from cc? Does this only applies to ATM card?

"It's across all your DBS/POSB accounts, so in other words, just don't withdraw more than 3x a month at DBS/POSB ATM"

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it considered a withdrawal from card, the ATU direct deduction from cc? Does this only applies to ATM card?

"It's across all your DBS/POSB accounts, so in other words, just don't withdraw more than 3x a month at DBS/POSB ATM"

Applies to cash withdrawal from atm or local bank branch.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
any idea what is the $10 shopping voucher u get for signing up the debit card and spending $100 within the first month?

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so not need to register or anything, just use the card and can get rebate end of next mth?

not sure why ppl are comparing with online and stuff. isn't this for paywave and hence only limited to places who used that, and only for $100 payment per transaction, and cap at $50 rebate for a spending of 1k per calender month?

pls correct me if i am wrong.

the current cards i had for paywave, in terms of ranking,
1. uob one: 3.3% of 500 + 2.43% of 50k
2. dbs debit card: 5% of any spend
3. uob preferred platinum: 4 miles, but in $5 units

any other better cards for paywave?

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another question is would the bank be able to tell if the debit card deduction is paywave or nets?

Some places no paywave. Dunno if used nets will cause confusion in rebate calculation. Prefer a clean record.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Another question is would the bank be able to tell if the debit card deduction is paywave or nets?

Some places no paywave. Dunno if used nets will cause confusion in rebate calculation. Prefer a clean record.

They'd definitely be able to tell. Nets transactions won't show up on your debit card statement

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so not need to register or anything, just use the card and can get rebate end of next mth?

not sure why ppl are comparing with online and stuff. isn't this for paywave and hence only limited to places who used that, and only for $100 payment per transaction, and cap at $50 rebate for a spending of 1k per calender month?

pls correct me if i am wrong.

the current cards i had for paywave, in terms of ranking,
1. uob one: 3.3% of 500 + 2.43% of 50k
2. dbs debit card: 5% of any spend
3. uob preferred platinum: 4 miles, but in $5 units

any other better cards for paywave?

You bcan link to your samsung pay apple pay, n pay on mct terminal can over 100 le

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.