Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mitsubishi Starmex dont get it wrong with MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries)..
Daikin last time very expensive so nobody recommended.. now the price quite ok...
Daikin only make aircond product so they are the best... my home install Daikin... very good...

Oops. Yes ME NOT MHI.

Anyway which is the cheaper for sys3. Daikin or Starmex?

terumo

Reaction score
To gn2807,

If yours is the Starmex inverter (Mxy-Ge10xx) you can opt to replace just the indoor aka blower unit.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, can recommend a system 5 aircon?

1 compressor 5 fcu. Try gc Toshiba system 5.

2compressor (3x n 2x) or (4x n 1x) i suggest mhi especially u intend to get cassette air con for one or two of the aircon. Else can consider lg too.

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U didnt take extended warranty? GC giving unlimited extended warranty but got to pay for peace of mind for 5yrs. Worth it?

My father got it from a installer reccomended by a relative. Now regret but that time have high trust in starmex so now decide to go lg(free 5 yrs) or mhi(with extended)

Anyway for any brand, i already expect to scrap n get new air con system. Why i not get daikin is becoz the price not that cheap n their compressor seems underpowered. Etc.. Their system 3 using a system 2 compressor. Too bad i not getting system 2. Even if i wanna get 2x system 2. I wil get daikin for room n lg for hall as i may need need 2x 12k fcu which their system 2_ 5kw compressor cant support.

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What i like abt mhi is ion for basic model. 2x 12fcu is what i need for my hall. Panasonic also a good choice if they still have promo for their 4 ticks system 2/3

What i like abt lg is their price, 5 yrs warranty n flexible compressor. Their system 3 n 4 uses same compressor hence i not worried abt the power n they have 3-5ticks to choose. However if need ion will need to upgrade to artcool which i not sure is the price to add on.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
What i like abt mhi is ion for basic model. 2x 12fcu is what i need for my hall. Panasonic also a good choice if they still have promo for their 4 ticks system 2/3

What i like abt lg is their price, 5 yrs warranty n flexible compressor. Their system 3 n 4 uses same compressor hence i not worried abt the power n they have 3-5ticks to choose. However if need ion will need to upgrade to artcool which i not sure is the price to add on.

Daikin system 3 got two model. One has a bigger capacity compresspr and they selling for about 3k

tqx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When down to Nat Air to take a look at the LG aircon. Like very worth it. Auntie there say the 5 year warranty is only if you regularly service your AC then got.

Targeting 30k BTU unit with 3 9k BTU fan coil and 1 24k BTU fancoil for living room. Total $4,349.00

Some more got $350 chioce voucher so damage = $4000

http://diyappliances.com.sg/product/lg-a4uq30gfa0-system-4/

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daikin system 3 got two model. One has a bigger capacity compresspr and they selling for about 3k

yup but lower ratings. mhi has sys 3 with 4 ticks i believe.

edit: just found is just more power to the daikin 4.8kw compressor by abit at 5.25kw.

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When down to Nat Air to take a look at the LG aircon. Like very worth it. Auntie there say the 5 year warranty is only if you regularly service your AC then got.

Targeting 30k BTU unit with 3 9k BTU fan coil and 1 24k BTU fancoil for living room. Total $4,349.00

Some more got $350 chioce voucher so damage = $4000

http://diyappliances.com.sg/product/lg-a4uq30gfa0-system-4/

i think is bull-s h i t for the regular servicing. becoz the warranty is from lg not them. other supplier no such req. sales targets possibly.

i find ct air con cheaper for some models. also i heard is nat aire sister company, give them a call.

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If LG only $50 then definitely good buy. Can let me know if nat aire get back to you? Me was considering Panasonic but now LG seems quite good buy...

Nat aire told me is 50+50+ gst labour transport

my_tungsten

Reaction score
Anyone can help with the following questions?

1. Any experiences with Audio House installation? Clearance prices are reasonable and I have use for the vouchers provided.

2. Use existing five year old piping from Gaincity which never leaked or take a chance on new piping by Audio House?

3. Panasonic or Mitsubishi Heavy Industry?

Thanks in advance!

huathuat2010

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. My old Aircon Panasonic cs-c9jkzw got error. I need to know the error code through remote control.
Online check the procedures need to press the check button for more than 5 seconds.
But this model's remote control don't have check button. What should be the one to press ? I have been looking from Internet for 1.5 hours.... Thanks in advance..

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So it's about $107 whenever they come?

Yup just called lg to confirm. So some companies have full warranty becoz they sell with extended warranty. 1st year cover everything. 2nd yr to 5th is 107 for most model.

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My flat just got delayed to 4q. May not even have the lg extended warranty so i will pick mhi as i heard my 2nd choice pansonic sys 2 has common pcb problem.

If my flat is ready now, i get lg.

compaq6

Reaction score
My Mitsubishi system 3 air cond last month problem,2 bed room no cool enoung,after top up gas $50 still no cool,last week totally no cool air,decide to retire after serving 10years+ with no major issue,model non inverter MUX-20TV.

After some consideration,decide buy Midea Opal inverter system 4 from GC last weekend :
indoor 9k x 3 + 18K x 1,with outdoor SMKY28004 after discount =3455
upgrade isulation to 1/2" and copper to 22 =156
bracket = 150
premium extended warranty 5 year = 439
total $4200 net

Now waiting air cond to be install on 15/8,
hopefully this new air cond with 4 tick will safe my power bill by 30%:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.