Malaysia prepaid card

osirisis

Reaction score
Hotlink Fast benefits to the 4G, For 3G, which operator plans most value for money? Thanks!

Last edited:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
best prepaid sim for malaysia is tron...can simply buy online n shippin is fast...plus 365days validity...

can buy from local seller..

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/t...a-jap-kr-mac-my-id-hk-th-tw-more-4656245.html

search Tron...

How much is the delivery charges for purchases made online via Get New SIM?
Lite SIM provides FREE shipping charges for purchase of Tron product with a total purchased value of RM300.00 in a single transaction. Currently, this service is only available in Malaysia and Singapore and it is shipped via GDex Express (Cost incl. 6% tax):
Singapore MYR32.00

one sim card one delivery fee cannot combine order multiple sim card as inform by Tron customer service.

Reaction score
See if Maxis Hotlink Fast fits your needs, can get from Maxis MEP shop in JB City Square.

Since your calls are to Singapore, may have to top up, though.

I'm going for 2 days this weekend and i'm thinking of getting this:
2.6GB for RM10
(600MB/ 7days) + (Free 2GB weekend)
+ Free 300mb youtube

Any idea how much minimum i need to top up for calls to Singapore?

Where to get from city square? Which level and shop? The website doesn't list locations.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm going for 2 days this weekend and i'm thinking of getting this:
2.6GB for RM10
(600MB/ 7days) + (Free 2GB weekend)
+ Free 300mb youtube

Any idea how much minimum i need to top up for calls to Singapore?

Where to get from city square? Which level and shop? The website doesn't list locations.
Check the link I've given earlier for rates, as I've never called Singapore from there.

The Maxis shop in City Square is on the same floor as others like Celcom, DiGi, and U Mobile, and next to a Chinese restaurant. Position-wise, it's somewhere between the Celcom and U Mobile shops. IIRC, level 3.

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a reply from u mobile. :-

As per your request, below are the requirement needed to sign up postpaid voice plan for foreigner customer:

1. RM500 deposit
2. A photocopy of passport.

The deposit will be refund back to customer once the account is terminated.

I asked more details...

What about the billing address?

What if I do not have a residential address in Malaysia?

Am I still able to sign up for postpaid?

How about payment?

Can I use a foreign credit card and set recurring payment?

Are there any contract or minimum tie in period to keep the postpaid line?

Will update here once I have a reply...

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Season Pass Comes to OneXOX

I wonder if, apart from sharing to friends, we can also "withdraw" for self-use.

they reply comment inside as below..

Are Kmal II
how it work and how to share?

XOX Malaysia
Hi Are Kmal II, Season Pass acts like a 'bank account'. Let's say you purchase 8GB (RM109.90), it will be save in Season Pass Account until you subscribe it out to use, base on your monthly usage preference says 1GB. 7GB will still be in your Season Pass account and will not be expire as long as your phone is active. Please visit here for more info: www.xox.com.my/season-pass/ ^Mia :)

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
Going penang for 3 days, want to get a sim card and use as hotspot with my XM spare phone. Should I get it at their airport or should I purchase in SG? Just require at least 2gb for the 3 days.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going penang for 3 days, want to get a sim card and use as hotspot with my XM spare phone. Should I get it at their airport or should I purchase in SG? Just require at least 2gb for the 3 days.

You can get it at Penang airport when you reach, but I believe those are dealers and there's a chance you'll have to pay more than the published price for one reason or other.

The only one, as far as I know, that you can get here in SG, brand new SIM pack and registered in your name is the OneXOX which is an MNVO riding on Celcom network. There's a dealer in the Travel Bazaar here in HWZ.

Or you can make an effort to head to JB City Square which is within short walking distance from JB CIQ to get the Hotlink Fast at published price of RM10. Or the Maxis shop in Sutera Mall too, though further up after Bukit Indah.

With the Hotlink Fast, you'll be able to get your data needs FOC if at least 1 of those 3 days falls on a weekend.

https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/fast.html

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Beside what Habrosus have mentioned, you can also get this Hotlink Fast SIM from Perangin Mall @ Georgetown Penang if you are going to stay there. :)

Don't forget to download their Hitlink Redapp to get extra 1Gb free for 3 days use.

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Depends when you go. Maxis giving free 1GB on each sat and sun of the month till end of the year. Also 3 ringgit for 1GB per day.

However if you are staying to the tourist spots, Umobile presently has the fastest service there.

See what you need.

Last edited:

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My hotlink is not the #fast 1. So no free data and no rm 3 for 1gb...

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. Is there any cards I can get it in SG and activate easily here before going? That should save the hassle of queuing at the Airport and trying to activate it with some complicated steps?

I have seen people talking about Starhub Happy Card. Can I actually use that there?

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. Is there any cards I can get it in SG and activate easily here before going? That should save the hassle of queuing at the Airport and trying to activate it with some complicated steps?

I have seen people talking about Starhub Happy Card. Can I actually use that there?

Xox Malaysia prepaid can be purchased in Singapore.

Tron mobile can be delivered to Singapore if i did not remember wrongly.

Yes, starhub and m1 prepaid can data risk there at local rates. But data stored will be throttled...

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
Xox Malaysia prepaid can be purchased in Singapore.

Tron mobile can be delivered to Singapore if i did not remember wrongly.

Yes, starhub and m1 prepaid can data risk there at local rates. But data stored will be throttled...
I see, because I'm heading in a few days time, doubt there's time to get locally then. Shall get one at the airport, hopefully it will be smooth transaction.

Sent from | using GAGT

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see, because I'm heading in a few days time, doubt there's time to get locally then. Shall get one at the airport, hopefully it will be smooth transaction.

If you really want the OneXOX before you leave, contact the dealer in the Travel Bazaar. His online shop is with Shopee, but I believe you can contact him directly for a quick transaction.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.