Things you should read before buying an endowment plan

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there are policies in the market covering 43 critical illness.

koja6049

Master Member
Reaction score
There's always segments of gullible people in every community which needs protection. Just like we need protection by police from criminals (because we're weak and can't defend ourselves from those monsters with weapons), these gullible people are also weak and needs protection from the insurance monsters. I'd say it's high time the government steps on on new laws to punish and jail these monsters

bibu00

Master Member
Reaction score
There's always segments of gullible people in every community which needs protection. Just like we need protection by police from criminals (because we're weak and can't defend ourselves from those monsters with weapons), these gullible people are also weak and needs protection from the insurance monsters. I'd say it's high time the government steps on on new laws to punish and jail these monsters

I'm sure they are working on it. But they have to the change the mindset of people that were deceived by decades of lies and freeloading agents.

bibu00

Master Member
Reaction score
Alot of people asking about buying plans and savings, being duped by agents. Take a look at this before deciding.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
ManuLife - Premier Saver 55
xu6cYnw.png

TM - TM Nest Egg (GIO Cashback)
Below is illustration for no cashbacks withdrawal
hZenaGK.png

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ManuLife - Premier Saver 55
xu6cYnw.png

TM - TM Nest Egg (GIO Cashback)
Below is illustration for no cashbacks withdrawal
hZenaGK.png

are these plans good?

i glance through and doesnt find them appealing.

just my opinion though =:p

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
side track a bit,

does anyone know whether it is legal for an agent to pay the premiums first?

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Smoker: No
Aviva MyEduPlan
Monthly Premiums: $208.60 (Pay for 10 years) but run for 18years, so keep another 8 years.
Total Premiums Paid:$25,032
Payout Age: Age 19 to 22 (4 years) + 2 special year
Guaranteed Benefits:$27,500

Age 17: $1,250
Age 18: $1,250
Age 19: $10,000
Age 20: $5,000
Age 21: $5,000
Age 22: $5,000

Non-Guaranteed Maturity Payout Benefits (Proj.@4.75% p.a): $8,277
Total Benefits $35,777

--------------------------------

ok dont talk about guaranteed, the interests is $2,468. So this type of eduPlan or endowment is it worth?

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
assuming $208.60 monthly, i cant possible buy SSB monthly, i have to save & accumulate like at least 3 month to get a $500 SSB monthly worth meh?

Earnasyougrow

Reaction score
Just surrendered my 6 years endownment plan to Repholding. Getting 5% more than surrendering it to Prudential. Heart pain about the many losses suffered through IPL and endownment but lucky I have time on my side though I am 36 already. Gonna invest the saving into STI ETF or IWDA.

Last edited:

bibu00

Master Member
Reaction score
Just surrendered my 6 years endownment plan to Repholding. Getting 5% more than surrendering it to Prudential. Heart pain about the many losses suffered through IPL and endownment but lucky I have time on my side though I am 36 already. Gonna invest the saving into STI ETF or IWDA.

Ahhh.glad to know that brother.
Now spend $8 to buy shiny things book!

Earnasyougrow

Reaction score
Ahhh.glad to know that brother.
Now spend $8 to buy shiny things book!

Yup. Already did and am now spreading the gospel to my younger colleagues. Better late than never. AK21 is also a good blog for me to learn more about passive investment as I am quite lazy in nature. Hahha.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.