CAR RENTAL JEJU

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I'm under 21, rather 19, got license about 8 months.
Is it possible to rent a car over there?
Of course, fully understood that international driving permit from singapore is a need.

appledino

Reaction score
Hi.
Of course, fully understood that international driving permit from singapore is a need.

depends on the car rental company, but i think need 1 year at least.

kaysee

Reaction score
Hi.

i think most car rental company will require 21 years old and above. the one i renting from "Lotte Car Rental" stated clearly minimum requirement is 21 years old. I believe u can look it up on the rental website

appledino

Reaction score
i think most car rental company will require 21 years old and above. the one i renting from "Lotte Car Rental" stated clearly minimum requirement is 21 years old. I believe u can look it up on the rental website

i book mine there too.

kaysee

Reaction score
i book mine there too.

Did u managed to reserve their English GPS? I was told the period I'm renting only Korean GPS. But can key in telephone number and the GPS will direct us there.

I'll be returning the car around 1.5 hours before flight back to Jeju since domestic only check in 40 mins before. Hope the shuttle bus from the auto house to airport is fast!

appledino

Reaction score
Did u managed to reserve their English GPS? I was told the period I'm renting only Korean GPS. But can key in telephone number and the GPS will direct us there.

I'll be returning the car around 1.5 hours before flight back to Jeju since domestic only check in 40 mins before. Hope the shuttle bus from the auto house to airport is fast!

i choose their english gps but how do we check if reserved?

kaysee

Reaction score
Did Jeju's attraction recently just changed their phone number in the recent year? I was checking online with some of the bloggers that went in 2014, the GPS numbers they gave and the numbers displayed in the "english.visitkorea" website is totally different now. Now i wondering whose number to trust?

BasicOne

Reaction score
Was there a couple of days ago. Headed down to AMK to apply for International Driving Permit after office hours on a weekday. Got in settled within 5 mins at a cost of $20.

Rented a car(Hyundai Accent 1.4cc) from lotte aka hertz. W 81k(SGD100) for 3days. Petrol aka Gasoline W 35k (SGD42), need to be filled full before returning.
But no MIFI EGG provided.

GPS speaks in English,but display in Korean. GPS numbers which was found on Google may not be accurate. Please also use Google map to ensure you're heading to the correct direction.

Sent from . using GAGT

lengbebe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Definitely cant. My friend is 20 this year, supposedly 21 in korea already but still unable to rent.

But they didnt ask for my local driving license at all, they just need the IDP and reservation number to confirm the booking.

Please also remember to pay a bit more for zero excess for the CDW. Its just small amount to pay for the coverage. I accidentally damaged 1 side of the front bumper while turning but luckily its all covered. No questions asked when returning the car. :)

While at jeju airport I saw 2 other Singaporean families trying to rent a car but was rejected right away. The SG driving license cant work in korea, please remember to apply IDP before leaving the country.

Last edited:

j0sey86

Reaction score
Would like to revive this.. is aj better or lotte rent a car better? Aj has cheaper rates though. But aj website seems a bit not understandable..

tewem

Reaction score
Any traffics rules that are different than in Sg?

E.g. Heard my colleague saying blinking orange lights, if see no pedestrians can just drive off.

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any traffics rules that are different than in Sg?

E.g. Heard my colleague saying blinking orange lights, if see no pedestrians can just drive off.

blinking lights to me is just simply, slow down and exercise caution...

singapore have left turn on red, over there its the opposite, there is right turn on red..so try to avoid the right most lane if you are not gonna turn else you will get alot of honks...

left turn and u turn almost cannot be done unless there are signs or traffic lights showing you can...

j0sey86

Reaction score
blinking lights to me is just simply, slow down and exercise caution...

singapore have left turn on red, over there its the opposite, there is right turn on red..so try to avoid the right most lane if you are not gonna turn else you will get alot of honks...

left turn and u turn almost cannot be done unless there are signs or traffic lights showing you can...

is it applicable for all traffic lights for the right turn on red?

Apple_Ice

Reaction score
is it applicable for all traffic lights for the right turn on red?

Yes

You can liken it to turn left slip road in Singapore. But they don't have the slip road, so see red can turn right if no cars or pedestrians.

Apple_Ice

Reaction score
Would like to revive this.. is aj better or lotte rent a car better? Aj has cheaper rates though. But aj website seems a bit not understandable..

I use Lotte and the experience is pretty good. They speak good english and if you sign up as member the rates are good.

Most important to consider is their helpline (speak english?) , in case you get into an accident.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.