Malaysia prepaid card

ruixiang92

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Read up about the hotlink 5rm sim card.

1) i travel to jb once every month. Only thing I need is data for uber and grab. Is this the sim card recommended for my usage?

2) where can I get this sim card without additional top-ups?

hexenB

Reaction score
1 question on onexox :

I google search "onexox 28 months" and use translate and saw that 28 months validity will only be valid for rm$50 reload in new sim. How come the dealer here can have 28 months validity with S$12 (=rm$36 only) ?

EXTENSION OF VALIDITY 28 MONTHS FREE ON STARTER PACK numbered

Terms & conditions:

1. The offer is effective immediately for all new starter pack subscription activation numbered starting from 1st November 2014.

2. Customers MUST create added value with denominations of RM50 and above at once at any time within 30 days after SIM activation to qualify for this offer.

3. Collection reload with any denomination will not be eligible for this offer.

4. Subscription expiration date for the offer will be updated on the display of your balance within 2 weeks after the reload denomination RM50 and above at once.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Read up about the hotlink 5rm sim card.

1) i travel to jb once every month. Only thing I need is data for uber and grab. Is this the sim card recommended for my usage?

2) where can I get this sim card without additional top-ups?

AFAIK, there's no new Hotlink SIM pack that costs only RM5.

If you're referring to the Hotlink Fast, 2 places that I know where you can get it at the published rate of RM10, are the Maxis shops in City Square and Sutera Mall.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 question on onexox :

I google search "onexox 28 months" and use translate and saw that 28 months validity will only be valid for rm$50 reload in new sim. How come the dealer here can have 28 months validity with S$12 (=rm$36 only) ?

EXTENSION OF VALIDITY 28 MONTHS FREE ON STARTER PACK numbered

Terms & conditions:

1. The offer is effective immediately for all new starter pack subscription activation numbered starting from 1st November 2014.

2. Customers MUST create added value with denominations of RM50 and above at once at any time within 30 days after SIM activation to qualify for this offer.

3. Collection reload with any denomination will not be eligible for this offer.

4. Subscription expiration date for the offer will be updated on the display of your balance within 2 weeks after the reload denomination RM50 and above at once.

The RM50 reload for 28-month extension is an ongoing feature, while RM10 reload is a limited-period promotion.

That is, if you miss this promotion but still want the 28-month validity extension, you'll have to top up the minimum of RM50 to get it.

Last edited:

hexenB

Reaction score
The RM50 reload for 28-month extension is an ongoing feature, while RM10 reload is a limited-period promotion.

That is, if you miss this promotion but still want the 28-month validity extension, you'll have to top up the minimum of RM50 to get it.

Understood. Thanks bro. :)

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi there,

i am looking for a malaysia prepaid card..
the cheapest will do.. under 1 gb also can..
only need to look at maps.. grab car or cab.
and now.. need for pokemon go..

which card should i be looking at ? and where would i be able to get it? cs?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi there,

i am looking for a malaysia prepaid card..
the cheapest will do.. under 1 gb also can..
only need to look at maps.. grab car or cab.
and now.. need for pokemon go..

which card should i be looking at ? and where would i be able to get it? cs?

Hotlink Fast from JB City Square.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering...

- Season Pass with packages that let you purchase and use over the course of the validity of your card. >>> Don't have to worry that much about having enough credit each time we want to head over.

- 28-month validity with a mere top-up of RM10. >>> Longest validity at such an affordable rate.

- Any subsequent top-up extends the validity even further. >>> Only card that does this.

- Now they're even allowing extended validity. >>> At prices lower than the other existing cards.

What not to like about OneXOX? Except maybe it being an MVNO...

No, I'm not selling or affiliated to any dealers. Am doing housekeeping on my prepaid card "collection" so looking at the various pros and cons.

Have not actually had a chance to use my card, but if the experience is anywhere as good as TuneTalk (another MVNO riding on Celcom network), this is definitely going into the "Keep" list. :)

Last edited:

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering...

- Season Pass with packages that let you purchase and use over the course of the validity of your card. >>> Don't have to worry that much about having enough credit each time we want to head over.

- 28-month validity with a mere top-up of RM10. >>> Longest validity at such an affordable rate.

- Any subsequent top-up extends the validity even further. >>> Only card that does this.

- Now they're even allowing extended validity. >>> At prices lower than the other existing cards.

What not to like about OneXOX? Except maybe it being an MVNO...

No, I'm not selling or affiliated to any dealers. Am doing housekeeping on my prepaid card "collection" so looking at the various pros and cons.

Have not actually had a chance to use my card, but if the experience is anywhere as good as TuneTalk (another MVNO riding on Celcom network), this is definitely going into the "Keep" list. :)

I am quite happy with TuneTalk internet connection, so far so good. Got free 1.5GB data from RM50 (valid for 30 days), speed wise like surfing net like in Singapore. :)

DIGI basic is good enough to whatsapp only.

Wonder if OneXOX is as good as TuneTalk. :)

Last edited:

kitkat2

Reaction score
Yup, saw that. :)

But no idea how to stop the plan after 1 day use.

for digi, if it's auto renewal, then you need to stop the plan by 11.59pm, apparently for pokemon, you need to sub/unsub by using the app. ussd doesnt work.

Last edited:

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for digi, if it's auto renewal, then you need to stop the plan by 11.59pm, apparently for pokemon, you need to sub/unsub by using the app. ussd doesnt work.

ICIC, anyway 2 days trip only. Haha even finish the free 1.5Gb from my TuneTalk card.

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone's free & willing to do up a comparison table of all the popular prepaid card? :s22:

this onexox is prepaid too?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am quite happy with TuneTalk internet connection, so far so good. Got free 1.5GB data from RM50 (valid for 30 days), speed wise like surfing net like in Singapore. :)

DIGI basic is good enough to whatsapp only.

Wonder if OneXOX is as good as TuneTalk. :)

Yup, TuneTalk gave me my first uninterrupted surfing all the way from Melaka town down the NSHW. Will never forget that awesome experience. :D

Guess I should consider subscribing to an Internet pack on my next trip across and try surfing with my OneXOX for once. Previously, I'd only used it for calls/SMS standby while using my MCard's data for surfing. But an observation at our Tuas CIQ recently was that the OneXOX card got the network faster than my Hotlink card (2 different phones). ;)

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Different card for different uses. Going to get Digi next year for cruise whatsapp use. Reportedly can work as long in malaysian waters.

Hotlink is great on ground but no connection once at sea.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone's free & willing to do up a comparison table of all the popular prepaid card? :s22:

this onexox is prepaid too?

Would you like to volunteer?

IMO (in no particular order, and in short. Refer websites for details.):

Hotlink Fast
- Free fast data for a trip up to 6 days (including weekend) at lowest price.

Celcom Magic SIM:
- Free Basic Internet so long as line is active.
- Can "renew" grace period at a mere RM1.
- Stopping auto-renewal of mobile internet package will still enable it to be used until the actual validity ends.

Tune Talk (MVNO on Celcom network):
- Optional validity extension at RM28/year.
- Free data with minimum RM30 top-up.

OneXOX (MVNO on Celcom network):
- See Post #3837 on previous page.

Digi Best:
- Free Basic Internet up to 500MB/month, so long as line is active. And more...
- Option to subscribe to validity extension at RM68/year (RM38 if you've the older plans without the 500MB FBI).
- Said to have been improving their 4G coverage lately.

*** These are to the best of my knowledge as I've not really been watching them that closely lately, mainly due to the (too many) changes.

Again, different people, different expectations, different needs, different opinions, different etc. Above just lies my Sunday morning thoughts.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.