The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

peggwong

Reaction score
Why rayban frames so expensive. Is it wise to import frame (so its 20% cheaper) and ask shops like capitol/nanyang to fit the lens for you?

There's a drop in rayban frames recently. Most shops will offer a 20% discount too, so if the imported frame is also 20% cheaper, then don't really sound like a good idea, cause when you bring in your own frame, optical shop will not be liable shd there be any breakage of the frame during the cutting of the lens.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
You might need to tilt the lens and see if you're able to spot the logo on the lens, but there's a chance that there might be no logo on the lens even if it's real Hoya lens. Cause if the lens is cut by the shop themselves instead of sending to Hoya lab, there will not be any Hoya logo engraving on the lens.

Hmm ok.. maybe thats the reason.

Eyezen lens is available in most optical shops and possible to have it in transitions too.

oo.. I just realised my hoya lens $500 have transitions and the block blue lights function. My degree is less than 200 each. If do eyezen lens will it be cheaper?

peggwong

Reaction score
Hmm ok.. maybe thats the reason.

oo.. I just realised my hoya lens $500 have transitions and the block blue lights function. My degree is less than 200 each. If do eyezen lens will it be cheaper?

Recommended retail price for Eyezen Trans for that degree is $350. Total spending will depends on the frame you choose too. :)

mackie8

Reaction score
There's a drop in rayban frames recently. Most shops will offer a 20% discount too, so if the imported frame is also 20% cheaper, then don't really sound like a good idea, cause when you bring in your own frame, optical shop will not be liable shd there be any breakage of the frame during the cutting of the lens.

which store carries wide choices of rayban frames?

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Does rayban frame scratch easily,went to spec shop and see their matte series. It seems like the material easily scratched.

Also any guide on how to verify rayban frames authencity? Not their sunglasses

LaksaTitan

Reaction score
Enlisting soon, looking for durable black specs that are not those found in HDB stores (Cheapo guy and I went through 3 bloody pairs of them, leg always break off and cannot repair damn sian ==)
Was looking at Rayban timeless but not sure if can use in camp and where can get cheap without buying online, kind of like RB quality now ever since I switch from cheap frame to Clubmaster

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Enlisting soon, looking for durable black specs that are not those found in HDB stores (Cheapo guy and I went through 3 bloody pairs of them, leg always break off and cannot repair damn sian ==)
Was looking at Rayban timeless but not sure if can use in camp and where can get cheap without buying online, kind of like RB quality now ever since I switch from cheap frame to Clubmaster

Does your rayban have some smudge marks on the frame? Or mini hairline scratches. Did it come with a case? When it was still new

peggwong

Reaction score
Does rayban frame scratch easily,went to spec shop and see their matte series. It seems like the material easily scratched.

Also any guide on how to verify rayban frames authencity? Not their sunglasses

Matte material usually easily scratched, not only applies to rayban. their authenticity is only proven by their rayban case and cloth.

peggwong

Reaction score

Gotta make sure rayban timeless, there's no engraving of rayban words or logo at the sides, cause that's not allowed in first 3 months of tekong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.