Malaysia prepaid card

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would you like to volunteer?

IMO (in no particular order, and in short. Refer websites for details.):

Hotlink Fast
- Free fast data for a trip up to 6 days (including weekend) at lowest price.

Celcom Magic SIM:
- Free Basic Internet so long as line is active.
- Can "renew" grace period at a mere RM1.
- Stopping auto-renewal of mobile internet package will still enable it to be used until the actual validity ends.

Tune Talk (MVNO on Celcom network):
- Optional validity extension at RM28/year.
- Free data with minimum RM30 top-up.

OneXOX (MVNO on Celcom network):
- See Post #3837 on previous page.

Digi Best:
- Free Basic Internet up to 500MB/month, so long as line is active. And more...
- Option to subscribe to validity extension at RM68/year (RM38 if you've the older plans without the 500MB FBI).
- Said to have been improving their 4G coverage lately.

*** These are to the best of my knowledge as I've not really been watching them that closely lately, mainly due to the (too many) changes.

Again, different people, different expectations, different needs, different opinions, different etc. Above just lies my Sunday morning thoughts.

Good info. :)

I almost forgot about my Hotlink tablet, the card left about 90MB data and sitting in my drawer now. :D

kitkat2

Reaction score
Similar to hotlink rm3 for 1gb promo. Just that Digi faster to link it to pokemon. :D

just got confirmation from digi users that you can buy the rm1 pokemon plan twice and get 600mb. meaning the data is stackable (but validity doesnt) and we can purchase data in blocks of 300mb based on our usage needs.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Playing Pokemon Go for 8 hours will use up 25MB of mobile data: Estimates

SINGAPORE - You may use up lots of PokeBalls trying to catch Pikachu, but apparently, not a lot of data.

Contrary to popular belief, Pokemon Go, the game which has taken Singapore by storm since its launch on Aug 6, is not a data hog. While telcos are cashing in on the game by setting up "Lure Modules" - used to attract more Pokemon - near their shops in order to get people to visit them, they are under no illusion that Pokemon Go would have an impact on their bottom lines by increasing data usage by any significant degree.

"If you really look at it, it's not really a high data-generating app, because you're just sending small uploads," said Yuen Kuan Moon, Singtel chief executive for consumer business, on Thursday. But he added that Singtel could benefit from people using its network to play the game because they would understand the "superior quality of the network".

According to some estimates, playing Pokemon Go for eight hours at a stretch would entail about 25 MB of data usage. In comparison, according to Cisco, one hour of social network browsing could result in the usage of 90 MB of data.

A StarHub spokesman told BT that Pokemon Go "utilises about 20 MB for every hour of play". He added that this calculation was based on the upper limit of data usage and actual usage could be much lower. He added that users can track the amount of data used by the minute on their phones.

"Deploying lures is a fun way for us to show our hospitality. Trainers can rest their tired feet as well as use the available phone charging points at our shops. This weekend, we are placing lures at 10 StarHub Shops," the spokesman added. Singtel has also released Lure Modules at PokeStops near 10 Singtel retail outlets across the island.

Many small Singapore businesses sense an opportunity to increase sales. For example, a pastry shop in the Jalan Besar area, Ollella, has brought out a pastry package for Pokemon Go players.

The shop's owner, Marcella Tanuwijaya, told The Business Times that since her shop was very close to two PokeStops, players naturally congregate near the shop. If they buy the pastry package, they get the shop's WiFi password and can sit in the shop and play the game.

PokeStops are places in Pokemon Go that allow players to collect items such as eggs and more Pokeballs to capture Pokemon.

Ms Tanuwijaya said that she launched the promotion on National Day and that there was a marked increase in footfalls to her shop. However, she was not sure if it was because of the holiday or because of the package even though she noticed that more than 80 per cent of people in her shop were playing the game.

She hopes to run the promotion over the coming weekend to see if it works again. Still, Ms Tanuwijaya said that the package is not a sustainable business model as interest in the game is bound to taper off. But she hopes to use the short-term interest to increase awareness about her shop in the hope there will be return customers for her pastries.

A craft beer outlet in Chinatown has set up charging stations for players who run out of battery. The shop is also near a few PokeStops.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/playing-pokemon-go-8-hours-will-use-25mb-mobile-data-estimates

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score

Hotlink Fast

Celcom Magic SIM:
- Stopping auto-renewal of mobile internet package will still enable it to be used until the actual validity ends.

Digi Best:
- Option to subscribe to validity extension at RM68/year (RM38 if you've the older plans without the 500MB FBI).

*** These are to the best of my knowledge as I've not really been watching them that closely lately, mainly due to the (too many) changes.

Again, different people, different expectations, different needs, different opinions, different etc. Above just lies my Sunday morning thoughts.

you forget Tron is the best for free 365 days validity for min rm10 topup .

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you forget Tron is the best for free 365 days validity for min rm10 topup .

Am I missing something? How can Tron be "the best for free 365 days validity" when the same amount of top-up gives OneXOX 28 months? :s11:

Won't go beyond that since every subsequent top-up for OneXOX will extend that validity even further... unless your OneXOX card is as "white elephant" as my Tron ones.

Anyway, I decided to leave it out since my recent months' observation on both sides of the causeway shows Tron is close to non-existence in the discussions. Not popular with the Malaysians, while some people here are still going on about the "365 days validity for min RM10 top-up".

Yup, I deliberately left it out of my IMO list.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did not find the maxis shop at cs. But I found maxis shop at the mall beside.. But it cost 20 rm 7 days

Maxis Shop in JB City Square, RM10 for Hotlink Fast.

If you happen to be in Sutera Mall, a friend bought it from the Maxis shop there at RM10 too.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did not find the maxis shop at cs. But I found maxis shop at the mall beside.. But it cost 20 rm 7 days

In CS, did you see other telco shops like Celcom, Digi, and U Mobile? Maxis is on the same floor, among these shops.

Edit: Here's an image of the shop.

Last edited:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something? How can Tron be "the best for free 365 days validity" when the same amount of top-up gives OneXOX 28 months? :s11:

Won't go beyond that since every subsequent top-up for OneXOX will extend that validity even further... unless your OneXOX card is as "white elephant" as my Tron ones.

Anyway, I decided to leave it out since my recent months' observation on both sides of the causeway shows Tron is close to non-existence in the discussions. Not popular with the Malaysians, while some people here are still going on about the "365 days validity for min RM10 top-up".

Yup, I deliberately left it out of my IMO list.

using Tron as i have it since 2yr ago..

OneXOX is my white eleplant

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the list!

I'm not a regular visitor to MY so can't comment on the SIMs nor make a list.

Hotlink Fast

Celcom Magic SIM:

Digi Best:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
(Finally!) My experience using OneXOX data

I finally got a chance to use data with my OneXOX SIM card! :s13:

Whole of yesterday, headed up all the way to Gelang Patah (breakfast), Kluang, then Yong Peng, then Tebrau, via 2nd link. Data was available whenever I needed it, or playing around with my phone. Decent, I'd say, couldn't find any difference in connection from using my Celcom card. ;)

As shared previously, I'd bought Season Pass after it's made available to OneXOX SIM cards. (The data and voice packages valid for as long as the OneXOX validity.)

So once I got the OneXOX network (actually it already auto-switched without my knowledge when I was at Tuas CIQ =:p ), I subscribed to the 1-day mobile data plan and got an SMS confirmation almost immediately.

I then checked my balances to see nothing else was deducted, apart from the 150MB from my SP wallet. Each time I did a balance inquiry, it showed the balance of this MI pack as well. :)

Also received 2 other SMSes over the 24-hour period:
- When I've used up 80% of the quota, with codes to send if I need more; and
- When the subscription is terminated, with codes to subscribe again.

This card is definitely for keeps. :D

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Whole of yesterday, headed up all the way to Gelang Patah (breakfast), Kluang, then Yong Peng, then Tebrau, via 2nd link. Data was available whenever I needed it, or playing around with my phone. Decent, I'd say, couldn't find any difference in connection from using my Celcom card. ;)

As shared previously, I'd bought Season Pass after it's made available to OneXOX SIM cards. (The data and voice packages valid for as long as the OneXOX validity.)

So once I got the OneXOX network (actually it already auto-switched without my knowledge when I was at Tuas CIQ =:p ), I subscribed to the 1-day mobile data plan and got an SMS confirmation almost immediately.

I then checked my balances to see nothing else was deducted, apart from the 150MB from my SP wallet. Each time I did a balance inquiry, it showed the balance of this MI pack as well. :)

Thanks for the info, glad that able to know a bit more on this card.

The 1-day Daily 100MB (Data quote:150MB) is auto renewable basic right?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, glad that able to know a bit more on this card.

The 1-day Daily 100MB (Data quote:150MB) is auto renewable basic right?

No, it's not auto-renewable. Other than the subscription in the morning, I didn't send in any other request and it just expired this morning (receipt of the latest SMS confirmed it).

According to a dealer in MY, such subscriptions resulting in deduction from the SP wallet won't auto-renew. :)

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have to apologise that i was not paying attention when you explained so much about xox. When i tried so access the season pass site, i see that they have packages(voice/data/combo).

So I presume those packages will be provisioned to your line.

If you may, can explain why you subscribed to the 1 day data pass?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have to apologise that i was not paying attention when you explained so much about xox. When i tried so access the season pass site, i see that they have packages(voice/data/combo).

So I presume those packages will be provisioned to your line.

If you may, can explain why you subscribed to the 1 day data pass?

The total quota of any Season Pass package purchased sits in the wallet. Whenever any data access is needed, I just subscribe to one of the Mobile Internet plans.

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The total quota of any Season Pass package purchased sits in the wallet. Whenever any data access is needed, I just subscribe to one of the Mobile Internet plans.

So for example you subscribe to the 8gb plan, you can withdraw 150mb out to use?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.