SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
i managed to pass with incentive during last window. does that mean that this window even if I go to IPT IPPT and end up with band 1, I will still have to pass the IPPT standard?

Ya, follow your band.

Dunno if they changed the system, but last time for 5-station IPPT, I recall that at most they will let you go is one band down. So if your last window was pass, you will likely be band 3, assuming the rules for this PPT thing didn't change.

But if you could pass last window, and think you still can do it, might as well pass the IPT IPPT, you can straight away clear it I think.

kingrik

Reaction score
how come i did not take ippt during my NSF 2nd year and i got my ippt deadline extended for 2 years?

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone knows if IPT pays the same as RT? Heard that there's more places for IPT (like park, CBD), does it extend to RT as well?

IPT is considered voluntary, there is no makeup or service or vocation pay. but i think you are given a small allowance of a few bucks or something like that.

RT i think you are given slightly more money, was it 20 bucks? cant remember.

you dont get make up pay unless you receive SAF100 and miss work

Calander

Reaction score
how come i did not take ippt during my NSF 2nd year and i got my ippt deadline extended for 2 years?

the first yr after ORD is considered as Year 0. Therefore, you can be excused to attempt IPPT.

However, IPPT is mandatory from Year 1 onwards. This is why your deadline is extended for 2 yrs.

If need further clarifications or in doubt, call NS hotline or check with your unit

Calander

Reaction score
IPT is considered voluntary, there is no makeup or service or vocation pay. but i think you are given a small allowance of a few bucks or something like that.

RT i think you are given slightly more money, was it 20 bucks? cant remember.

you dont get make up pay unless you receive SAF100 and miss work

IPT = 1/2 day service pay is given (already in effect from end-2014)

RT = 1/2 day service pay + make-up

gameboy234

Reaction score
Need help. I only attended 1 rt session and my deadline is few days more.
I asked the pti for extension but he mentioned no more extension Liao..
He say I need to answer to my unit.

Jia lat.. Pls advise..

JulyStork

Reaction score
I too may need extension as I work shift job so very hard to book IPT session...so any advise who can I call to request?

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score

Jia lat.. Pls advise..

this one no excuse lah...........

if first time, kena charge by unit lor. pay fine, promise not to do it again, and do RT.

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
I too may need extension as I work shift job so very hard to book IPT session...so any advise who can I call to request?

ipt is voluntary, so a bit difficult.

rt is compulsory.

you can ask the counter during your next ipt about the extension.

if cannot make it , then no choice do RT. if really cannot get time off work, then ask your unit to send you SAF100 for RT. (ipt cannot)

Calander

Reaction score

Jia lat.. Pls advise..

mindef is more strict now especially they have given the extension of RT window to 12 months.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.