Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Been not a fan of vpost for a very long time but no choice as I don't have a citi card to use with Borderlinx anymore and comgateway has no UK addresses.

If only CGW has a UK address, I'll use them in the skip of a heartbeat.

thkc2011

Reaction score
Been not a fan of vpost for a very long time but no choice as I don't have a citi card to use with Borderlinx anymore and comgateway has no UK addresses.

If only CGW has a UK address, I'll use them in the skip of a heartbeat.

Does Borderlinx require a citibank card to use? It says on the site that it accepts payments via Visa, mastercard, amex or paypal

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Does Borderlinx require a citibank card to use? It says on the site that it accepts payments via Visa, mastercard, amex or paypal

Yes, payment has to be made by Citibank only. Not sure why is there some misleading terms for payment found elsewhere.

p1002002

Reaction score
There are free shipping guarantee promo code with Comgateway and Hopshopgo.

Somehow I can't use it yet. When I apply the code when making payment, amount payable become 0 but the continue button disappeared.Someone has the same problem?

Last edited:

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
new here! may i know which forwarder is the cheapest for backpacks (weighs about 6kg vol weight) from US?

i'm not sure if it'd be best to sent via the web itself (cost approx S$75) or i'm thinking either via ezbuy or CGW? thanks!

all forwarders will go by the volumetric weight, so do your own sums.
If the cost difference between buying locally is not much after shipping, just buy local.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, payment has to be made by Citibank only. Not sure why is there some misleading terms for payment found elsewhere.

It appears they have (had?) an exclusive arrangement with Citi before. I signed up for a new BL account, and it gave me the option to pay with PayPal, or other credit cards..

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My final rant at Vpost UK.

After so many emails and conversations with their loyal customer service, my last item was finally assigned to me. This last item was part of a 5 items for which I paid up immediately. On the same day, I received an email notification that only the last item was shipped out. The next morning, I received a notification that the item has been delivered to my pop station. What this means was that the item was already shipped to Singapore, when all this time, the customer service had been reaching out to the people in UK to search for the item.

A couple of days later, I received an email from their customer service stating that they were unable to find my item, and required a tracking number, even though the item had been delivered.

This is how screwed up Vpost has become. The way things have turned out, it is fairly evident the core processes in the business model has broken down to the point where no one knows what is happening.

azarel

Master Member
Reaction score
My final rant at Vpost UK.

After so many emails and conversations with their loyal customer service, my last item was finally assigned to me. This last item was part of a 5 items for which I paid up immediately. On the same day, I received an email notification that only the last item was shipped out. The next morning, I received a notification that the item has been delivered to my pop station. What this means was that the item was already shipped to Singapore, when all this time, the customer service had been reaching out to the people in UK to search for the item.

A couple of days later, I received an email from their customer service stating that they were unable to find my item, and required a tracking number, even though the item had been delivered.

This is how screwed up Vpost has become. The way things have turned out, it is fairly evident the core processes in the business model has broken down to the point where no one knows what is happening.

hmm any recommendations for a forwarder in UK then? Besides VPOST Uk i guess the only alternative is BorderLinx? Just looking to ship in an item only but with all the negative reviews i'm not sure which one to use haha.:s11:

edward.t

Reaction score
Any promo code for Boderlinx shipping from UK to share? I have 2 clothing article & it cost $50+ to ship damn ex :/

Boeing101

Reaction score
Just now i use Vpost to ship in a package which i declare as USD270.
When arrived at Singapore custom, Vpost pay the GST for me or i go down custom pay?
Just now Vpost never ask me to pay GST online.

Boeing101

Reaction score
Just now i use Vpost to ship in a package which i declare as USD270.
When arrived at Singapore custom, Vpost pay the GST for me or i go down custom pay?
Just now Vpost never ask me to pay GST online.

I mean i need to go custom pay GST before the package can be released or Vpost pay for me first then i pay Vpost later when package delivered to my house?

zeppelin

Reaction score
I mean i need to go custom pay GST before the package can be released or Vpost pay for me first then i pay Vpost later when package delivered to my house?

Simple you don't need to do anything, they ask than you pay, they don't ask than you don't go and ask.

HyperBaka

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any promo code now for borderlinx?
planning to ship my sneakers over from uk

sevenfightclub

Reaction score
I've dumped vpost for good. Their service sucks, they are expensive and they don't give a **** about it.

CGW used to be good. Started getting worse the past year. I wonder if it's new management. They keep throwing my invoices away (makes it hard to do returns). Recently they damaged one of my items (and put a scotch tape over it!) and didn't even tell me. And ordered the wrong thing. Biangz.

Want to try ezybuy (US) but so many bad reviews here. Hmm.

I've tried ezybuy for Taiwan before and despite them assuring they check before sending I still get so many clothes in lousy condition (stains, etc). Then don't want to refund me.

senocs

Reaction score
all forwarders will go by the volumetric weight, so do your own sums.
If the cost difference between buying locally is not much after shipping, just buy local.

apparently shopandship.com charges by actual weight only ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.