Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhawk2820

Reaction score
Nat Aire has promotion for LG till 30 Sept.

I am thinking of replacing my koyak Sharp system 2 with LG High Cap system 4.

Anyone has bad experience with LG aircon?

I got very bad experience with LG system 3.

after installation for 13 -14 month, all 3 units having faulty fan motor at the same time. after fan motor replacement, it working for about 15 months later and 2 fan motor give way again at the same time.

now waiting for GC to replace the fan motor again. luckily i got a 5 year extender warranty from GC, if not, if checking from LG, need to paid 1xx for the tech to come even no repair and each fan motor cost 2 - 3 hundred at least. now manufacture are ripping consumer.

lsyean8

Reaction score
I got very bad experience with LG system 3.

after installation for 13 -14 month, all 3 units having faulty fan motor at the same time. after fan motor replacement, it working for about 15 months later and 2 fan motor give way again at the same time.

now waiting for GC to replace the fan motor again. luckily i got a 5 year extender warranty from GC, if not, if checking from LG, need to paid 1xx for the tech to come even no repair and each fan motor cost 2 - 3 hundred at least. now manufacture are ripping consumer.

Ha, my Daikin system 4 really good in saving my electrical bill and cooling. no nonsense features added to my usual operation.
No regards after installed, of cause come with a price not every one can afford .:s13:

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Ha, my Daikin system 4 really good in saving my electrical bill and cooling. no nonsense features added to my usual operation.
No regards after installed, of cause come with a price not every one can afford .:s13:
No regards after installed....hmmmm....regards? Guess your Daikin is made of gold that's why it come with a price not every one can afford :)

letsgososhi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I would like to install aircon for my house. Was wondering if anyone can give me some advice as I dunno where to start with

lydiasops

Reaction score
Try using airconquotations
I read from this thread and grateful to learn so much. Eventually decide on Mitsubishi Starmex. :)

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would like to add on, this is what I got from Gain City. This includes new copper pipe and water pipe laying(about 15 metres). Site survery done. We felt this is quite expensive but we are not sure. This is our first house and we are quite inexperienced. Hence we would like to check with the bros here. Thank you in advance for any of your invaluable advice.

1st quote:
2x9000 and 1 x 12000btu.
Mitsubishi Electric System 3 Inverter=$4689.00
Model: MXY3A28VA~2xMSYGE10VA~1xMSYGE13VA

2nd quote:
1 x 12000btu
1 x 18000btu
1 x 24000btu
With 2 compressors.
SGD Total: $5878.00
Which branch? U kanna kotok man but u got 2 compreesoor

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to upgrade to G22 piping. they say is 30dollar per fan coil. how many fan coils are there in Daikin aircon?

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U go Proshop they give g22 as standard package

Just saw your post, i would like to check as i am planning to get Aircon soon for my new hse and most probably buy Daikin. So... All Proshop standard package it G22 piping? 1/2" insulation also?

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Just saw your post, i would like to check as i am planning to get Aircon soon for my new hse and most probably buy Daikin. So... All Proshop standard package it G22 piping? 1/2" insulation also?
I not sure if different Proshop offer different installation package but no harm checking with them since I think got only 2 or 3 Proshop in sg. Just don't confirm on the spot before u check all the dealers

jhawk2820

Reaction score

a bit regret. some more buy the mirror finishing units. should just go ahead with Mis Heavy industry.

Daikin price is overkill, but if it can last more than 10 years, then it worthy. count your math.

cheongking888

Reaction score
Nat Aire has promotion for LG till 30 Sept.

I am thinking of replacing my koyak Sharp system 2 with LG High Cap system 4.

Anyone has bad experience with LG aircon?

This afternoon went to Nat Aire and ordered LG System 4 at S$4,171.90 with 5 years warranty on Compressor and Spare Parts.

Before ordering, the Sales Staff will ascertain with you to ensure that there would be no obstruction such as built-in wardrobe etc and that the distance from ACU to the furthest FCU is not more than 15 m away.

I also ensure that they supply the bracket which is big and strong enough to accommodate the ACU as mine is High Capacity (which means bigger ACU). My past experience is if the ACU is not sited horizontally and parallel to the ground level, or tilted slightly or not fastened properly to the bracket, in no time, the ACU will kaput due to unbalance of bearing (which caused great wear and tear to the compressor) and unnecessary vibration.

The specifications of my order are as follows:

a) ACU - A4UQ30GFA0 (Made in Korea)

b) FCU - AMNC09GDBA2 - 9k BTU x 3 no & AMNC12GDBA2 - 12k BTU x 1 no (All Made in Korea)

c) Upgrade - Kemflex - 12.7 mm (half inch) insulation & SWG21 cu pipings

d) With S$350 Choice Vouchers

e) 12 months interest free installation plan @ S$347.66 per month using UOB Credit card.

I will update on the installation and the workmanship in due course.

So stay tune!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.