The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Agreed.. A pity it couldn't even work decently for our hair type. If it was at least on par with other top notch products in terms of endurance and hold, I wouldn't foresee as many complaints. Cos if the product works, it works and if it so happens the product was marketed well, even better. If it doens't work but yet the product was all mega, ultra hyped up.. Consumers would feel "cheated" after purchasing and trying it out. That's how it works though. We are a results driven world. For the most part.
The worst was the manufactured hype..... Totally didn't come up to par

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeap. To be fair I find some of HDF' offerings to be pretty unique, like quicksand maybe. So far its the only product I've tried that works the way it does (Gives the same effect as a SSS). The only drawback is that it tends to dry out your hair like SSS does too when used over a long period of time.

As for Blumaan, I think what they're actually selling is Joe's youtube popularity. Product wise, it definitely isn't the holy grail of hair products like how it was all hyped up to be. It claimed to work well for people of all types and lengths of hair. Its when you hype it up like that, couple it with Joe's popularity, and the product disappoints in the end.. This is what happens la. A large group of pple not satisfied. It definitely doesn't work well at all for people with fine/straight hair from what I have gathered thus far. Like what you mentioned, there are many products within that price range or even lesser that work far better.

lololol

marketing............

they will kan you say u don't know how to use

nichsong

Reaction score
lololol

marketing............

they will kan you say u don't know how to use

Hahaha ya, their countermeasure was to ask us to rub slow slow on the palm first remember. As ridiculous as it might have sounded, it made the application process easier - but still doesn't take away the fact that the product didn't work well in the hair afterward. (at least for me)

But.. after all that talk. I did see Joe post a survey online in the Blumaan group, asking about how we felt the product could be improved. So there might be a chance of a product reformulation in the future. Let's see!

Jun_rui

Reaction score
Yeah bro. I pre-ordered two jars. The marketing was that good - of course I did follow Joe and his videos for quite awhile already so had alot of faith in the product. Was disappointed to say the very least.

It was definately overhyped and they overpromised. I dont think its possible for a product to hold every type of hair for the whole day while remaining pliable and even be used as a pre styler.

cherryboom

Master Member
Reaction score
It was definately overhyped and they overpromised. I dont think its possible for a product to hold every type of hair for the whole day while remaining pliable and even be used as a pre styler.

was disappointed as well. end up go back to my trusty morris motley

nichsong

Reaction score
Was looking around online and read the MM Chrome has more hold and endurance as compared to the balm. Anyone can confirm this? Haha

Synchroniza

Reaction score
Anyone have can share their experience cutting at grease monkey barber garage? Keen to try it out! TIA

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had both gravity paste and blumaan. Didn't realize they got same ingredients list but they do differ slightly.

Gravity paste is more moist and have easier application than blumaan. Altho it still dry up fast and pull some hair during application. Hold wise so so. But at least still workable for my hair.

While blumaan is more fibrous and dry. Experience is exactly the same as what Robin described in youtube. Disappointing.

I had thin and fine hair so most heavy products don't work for me. So far best is Morris motley.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiyo i went ion sephora also dun have k gravel. Not fated LOL

but i saw that hdf changed their quicksand. Now green colour one.

MKtuYJxl.jpg

And gravity paste as an extremely strong mint scent. Like some extra strong mentos.

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

giphy.gif

N4E.SI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow Gold Digger is pretty much elite in holding power. How does it not give enough hold for you? :s11:

is Gold Digger really strong hold?

i read alot of positive reviews about it too. bought one bottle last week, but was slightly disappointed. it didnt seem to hold up hair very well

so far the best strong hold product i used is tu-re, its white top with blue bottom base, not sure anyone else knows about it

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is Gold Digger really strong hold?

i read alot of positive reviews about it too. bought one bottle last week, but was slightly disappointed. it didnt seem to hold up hair very well

so far the best strong hold product i used is tu-re, its white top with blue bottom base, not sure anyone else knows about it

yes, tu-re, because it hardens?

try uevo grey before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.