MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

charizard1987

Reaction score
Just bought a pro 4 dock. But when I connected to 2 monitors, one of the monitor's resolution stucked at 600x800. Any solution for this? Possible is the cable problem?

tspurs

Reaction score
Just bought a pro 4 dock. But when I connected to 2 monitors, one of the monitor's resolution stucked at 600x800. Any solution for this? Possible is the cable problem?
You have 2 monitors, 2 cables, 2 ports, so can experiment.

Do monitor A cable A port A, monitor A cable B port A, and so on ...

charizard1987

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried... and one of the cables, which newly bought is giving me trouble. But never heard of this problem when I google it. Scare later buy another new cable from another shop doesn't fix :s22:

gabbage

Reaction score
Hi, anyone had experience getting SP4 from Amazon? I was looking up the prices and found that even after shipping and some import deposit they are cheaper than the price found on MS store for students.. Am I missing sth here? Cause I think even after adding the type cover, the price is still cheaper so I'm not sure if it's too good to be true? Thanks!

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
Just buy off eBay thru the link I provided, i5/8gb/256gb for she 1350, add another 200 to buy the touch cover from ms store Singapore, total price is 1550 for a brand new set

gabbage

Reaction score
Just buy off eBay thru the link I provided, i5/8gb/256gb for she 1350, add another 200 to buy the touch cover from ms store Singapore, total price is 1550 for a brand new set

thanks, the pricing is really attractive, still deciding between i5 and i7 version.. If I do not intend to intend to game or render videos on SP4, are there any noticeable difference between i5 and i7 for both short term and long term? Thanks!

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Face-O...ore-i5-vs-Surface-Pro-4-Core-m3.156031.0.html

seems like the ssd in the i7 version is 30% faster than that in the i5, however the cpu is only about 10% faster

the power consumption under load for the i7 is 1++hrs only, vs 2hrs for the i5
personally i intend to use it to watch videos only and run android emulator so i think the i5 is good enough for me.

do note once again that people are selling 2nd hand i5 at the garage sales area for 1.6k, 9 months old set even
for a cheaper price if you can get a brand new set, i think its a real steal
only downside is the estimated delivery date is between 5th to 15th september

saw this guy selling an acer switch 12 for 1.2k at the garage sale, i think thats a superb buy too
if you haven't already bought the surface pro from ebay, can consider the acer.. after all its still 250 cheaper than the surface pro from ebay, immediate delivery and almost brand new

chaddeus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its DVI to what?

I had the same problem but I use some kind of DisplayPort to DVI convertor. Solve the problem when I got a DisplayPort to DVI cable without convertor.

- Charles

gabbage

Reaction score
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Face-O...ore-i5-vs-Surface-Pro-4-Core-m3.156031.0.html

seems like the ssd in the i7 version is 30% faster than that in the i5, however the cpu is only about 10% faster

personally i intend to use it to watch videos only and run android emulator so i think the i5 is good enough for me.

do note once again that people are selling 2nd hand i5 at the garage sales area for 1.6k, 9 months old set even

saw this guy selling an acer switch 12 for 1.2k at the garage sale, i think thats a superb buy too
if you haven't already bought the surface pro from ebay, can consider the acer.. after all its still 250 cheaper than the surface pro from ebay, immediate delivery and almost brand new

Thanks for the detailed recommendation and explanations!

Fallingrain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have the i5/8gb and it is really a powerful machine. Even when using solidworks I never feel any slowness, so normal usage no need worry.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, just to cfm, the USB port on the power adapter is for charging only rite?

mindgamey

Reaction score
Guys, just to cfm, the USB port on the power adapter is for charging only rite?

Yes but sucks.
It has problems delivering more than 1A which will cause it to cut on and off.

I have problem with some PowerBank and phone causing this problem.

No problem with iPhone 6s.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes but sucks.
It has problems delivering more than 1A which will cause it to cut on and off.

I have problem with some PowerBank and phone causing this problem.

No problem with iPhone 6s.

Oh, I have that problem too. It is like useless

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Reaction score

chaddeus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need help on the STM DUX warranty claim.

My kickstand broke but when I write to STM, they say there is a $30 international shipping cost.

I bought it from Challenger so who should I claim the warranty to?

- Charles

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Reaction score
Need help on the STM DUX warranty claim.

My kickstand broke but when I write to STM, they say there is a $30 international shipping cost.

I bought it from Challenger so who should I claim the warranty to?

- Charles

get it replaced at challenger if you have the receipt.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.