samsung pay

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
Just tried a transaction at challenger Tiong Bahru Plaza for amount $315 and the MST method didn't work. the screen says insert or swipe card. any thoughts?

Sent from Samsung SM-N930F using GAGT

Should have chosen swipe card.

Samsung Pay uses magnetic secure transmission (MST) when the phone is held against one of these registers. The phone emits a magnetic signal that simulates the magnetic strip found on the back of a credit or debit card.

I tried it before at OG Orchard. The cashiers there were well trained with Samsung pay and did it with no problems.

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should have chosen swipe card.

Samsung Pay uses magnetic secure transmission (MST) when the phone is held against one of these registers. The phone emits a magnetic signal that simulates the magnetic strip found on the back of a credit or debit card.

I tried it before at OG Orchard. The cashiers there were well trained with Samsung pay and did it with no problems.

Just tried a transaction at challenger Tiong Bahru Plaza for amount $315 and the MST method didn't work. the screen says insert or swipe card. any thoughts?

"Insert or swipe card" phrase is generic to start with a purchase. When you see this phrase, simply tap the samsung pay at the magnetic swipe area, you will be prompted to enter the value of the sales.

Challenger outlets support samsung pay, you might be scanning at the wrong position, thus causing an error.

ClarkKent

Reaction score
"Insert or swipe card" phrase is generic to start with a purchase. When you see this phrase, simply tap the samsung pay at the magnetic swipe area, you will be prompted to enter the value of the sales.

Challenger outlets support samsung pay, you might be scanning at the wrong position, thus causing an error.
hmm I see. I remembered when I saw that insert or swipe card msg, I placed my phone at the side of the swiping card area... it still prompts the insert or swipe card msg.. maybe I will try again soon...

kchinbeng

Reaction score
When i was bring to the page whereby i need to key in the number page in samsung pay. Its become pitch black andno number pad came out. ANyone facing the same problem. Even after i reinstall the update still the same.
I rmemebered when i first set up samsung pay it had no problem at all.
Please advise. Thanks in advance.

sparhawk699

Reaction score
Sorry guys, quick question.

I have Android Pay and Samsung Pay, how to stop Android Pay from paying since Android Pay need not have to open app to pay.

I am using Android Pay because Samsung Pay have not partnered with UOB yet, while I use Samsung Pay for other cards.

toshm200

Reaction score
When i was bring to the page whereby i need to key in the number page in samsung pay. Its become pitch black andno number pad came out. ANyone facing the same problem. Even after i reinstall the update still the same.

I'm having the same issue like yours. Tried many times to setup this Samsung pay but always stuck at the page you mentioned. Anyway it don't bother me as I'm still prefer to used hard card to make payment 😁

kchinbeng

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue like yours. Tried many times to setup this Samsung pay but always stuck at the page you mentioned. Anyway it don't bother me as I'm still prefer to used hard card to make payment 😁
So I am not the only one to have this problem. Anyone facing the same issue and have ways to solve.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

did you accidentally changed the resolution of the screen to a lower one?

kchinbeng

Reaction score
did you accidentally changed the resolution of the screen to a lower one?

Yes i did change to lower resolution. Ok i try to change the resolution see how first.
Thanks for the advise its really work again after i chnage to the highest resolution. Thanks a lot.
But think of it why must we be force to use the highest resolution to use samsung pay.:s22::s22:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Samsung Knox needs to be installed for Samsung Pay to work?

kchinbeng

Reaction score
This is what samsung reply me when i email them about the problem i had with samsung pay when i can't key in the pin number page. Hope this will help those having problem accessing Samsung pay.
Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to email us and we appreciate that.

Check the current Samsung Pay & Samsung Pay framework version on your phone, it must be running with:

Samsung Pay = 2.0.32

Sasmung Pay Framework = 2.4.11

Latest Phone Firmware

We seek for your patience as we will request for you to try the following troubleshooting.

Cause:

1. Phone is powersaving mode

2.Screen resolution is changed to FHD or HD.

Solutions:

1. Turn OFF Power saving mode

2.Please guide the user to change his screen resolution to WQHD using the following steps:

Settings > Display > Screen resolution > Adjust the screen resolution to WQHD
We are hoping for your prompt response and thank you for your keen interest in Samsung Pay.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.