Anybody using Singtel Mesh?

syncmos

Reaction score
Some have their house wired so can do that... actually my place comes with data points in every room but unfortunately the 2 cables to the rooms in the middle of the house are not working.

In any case, the purpose of the mesh is so that your entire house can be connected in 1 network/ SSID. Those who prefers or don't mind multiple network can just get APs which is cheaper anyway

how this APs work and how much it cost? Any good installer/contractor to intro?

kzonexx

Reaction score
how this APs work and how much it cost? Any good installer/contractor to intro?

many options in the market bro.. can just biy & setup urself, no need to engage installer

Btw, since u are already on wifi mesh, y r u looking at APs? IMO, the wifi mesh is superior over AP

syncmos

Reaction score
many options in the market bro.. can just biy & setup urself, no need to engage installer

Btw, since u are already on wifi mesh, y r u looking at APs? IMO, the wifi mesh is superior over AP

haha just curious. By the way how your wifi mesh after using it for days? good right?

kzonexx

Reaction score
haha just curious. By the way how your wifi mesh after using it for days? good right?

so far so good as it serves my purpose of reliable, stable connection and full coverage throughout the house. Actually I even get reliable connection in my gym & clubhouse!

especially like that it comes with 2 lan connections so I can connect to my MIO & android box in the living room.

Speed wise, its not as fast compared to the AC1900 ST router at very short distance (same room, few metres apart) where I could wifi speed in excess of 300 mbps.

The only drawback that I'm concerned about is that the speed drop when multiple devices are retrieving data. Eg, when I did speed test on the Apple TV & my mobile. In theory, the wifi mesh is spec'ed at 1600 mbps rite? but so far I get only around 300 max. My plan is Singtel 1Gb fibre.

syncmos

Reaction score
so far so good as it serves my purpose of reliable, stable connection and full coverage throughout the house. Actually I even get reliable connection in my gym & clubhouse!

especially like that it comes with 2 lan connections so I can connect to my MIO & android box in the living room.

Speed wise, its not as fast compared to the AC1900 ST router at very short distance (same room, few metres apart) where I could wifi speed in excess of 300 mbps.

The only drawback that I'm concerned about is that the speed drop when multiple devices are retrieving data. Eg, when I did speed test on the Apple TV & my mobile. In theory, the wifi mesh is spec'ed at 1600 mbps rite? but so far I get only around 300 max. My plan is Singtel 1Gb fibre.

Yes, I also notice that speed do drop if too many device connect at the same time. Mine sometime went below 100. Never hit 200 before. most is near to 170. depending on timing I run the test.

That why thinking of laying long lan cable do a direct connection. Will it be much more better then the mesh?

Will your mesh sometime turn red on the 5ghz ?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well all WiFi device is bound to have same issues regardless of which device u using.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, I also notice that speed do drop if too many device connect at the same time. Mine sometime went below 100. Never hit 200 before. most is near to 170. depending on timing I run the test.

That why thinking of laying long lan cable do a direct connection. Will it be much more better then the mesh?

if you have slower devices connected, the faster devices will only go as fast as the slower devices. Unless its mu-mimo, otherwise the wifi mesh and wifi device will only talk at the same speed as the slowest device.. this is wifi principle lor..

syncmos

Reaction score
if you have slower devices connected, the faster devices will only go as fast as the slower devices. Unless its mu-mimo, otherwise the wifi mesh and wifi device will only talk at the same speed as the slowest device.. this is wifi principle lor..

oic. So it not the mesh issue, it the device receiving it issue ? My desktop come with build in wifi on the motherboard if not wrong. Do I need to get a better wifi receiver to get better speed?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oic. So it not the mesh issue, it the device receiving it issue ? My desktop come with build in wifi on the motherboard if not wrong. Do I need to get a better wifi receiver to get better speed?

maybe u can list out the mb u are using, so that we will know which wifi card is that board using.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using Acer Predator G series desktop

well im just doing a small search but i cant much details on which model u using since when i look for it, there tons of it, old and new.

end up this is the model i found out with wifi, but i cant find any details regarding the wifi card onboard. and the wifi card is only up till N and im not sure if there is a 5Ghz support or not, but your pc should be able to get @100mbps on 2.4ghz.

syncmos

Reaction score
well im just doing a small search but i cant much details on which model u using since when i look for it, there tons of it, old and new.

end up this is the model i found out with wifi, but i cant find any details regarding the wifi card onboard. and the wifi card is only up till N and im not sure if there is a 5Ghz support or not, but your pc should be able to get @100mbps on 2.4ghz.

Yes, I guess that the model I using. Old desktop. So do I need to purchase additional wifi card to get better speed?

comtt74

Reaction score
Hi all.

Can the wifi mesh be used on M1 fibre network?

Called Singtel and they cant confirm on that.

Anyone who is using the wifi mesh staying in the north?

Care to lend me the device to try it at home?
(You can come to my house)

Token of appreication will be given.
(We can discuss more on that)

The model is Airties 4920.

Or anyone knows where got sell?

Thank you.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Can the wifi mesh be used on M1 fibre network?

Called Singtel and they cant confirm on that.

Anyone who is using the wifi mesh staying in the north?

Care to lend me the device to try it at home?
(You can come to my house)

Token of appreication will be given.
(We can discuss more on that)

The model is Airties 4920.

Or anyone knows where got sell?

Thank you.
think wifi mesh can be used across ISPs la.

just that you can't buy from singtel if you not their customers.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, I guess that the model I using. Old desktop. So do I need to purchase additional wifi card to get better speed?

this im not really sure unless u open up your case and see if u have any pci/pci-e x1 slots or not. if no probably u should get a usb AC adapter.

kzonexx

Reaction score

as long as u don't experience drop out in real world application, I feels its good enough. I was using Asus AC87U prior to this... this Airties Wifi Mesh is godsend! Also have apple Airport extreme, stability is good but have blindspots still.

Didn't notice it turning red... but my 1st unit is in DB box, 3rd unit up on the shelf in bedroom so I wont see them. Only my 2nd unit in the living room is within sight but I never notice any redlight before.

kzonexx

Reaction score

bro, place 1 of the wifi mesh near this deskstop and use wired fm wifi mesh to ur deskstop?

syncmos

Reaction score
bro, place 1 of the wifi mesh near this deskstop and use wired fm wifi mesh to ur deskstop?

Yes, it just side by side of my desk top and wired (LAN to desktop). Sometime it still like 5ghz turn red. Dunno what happen. mesh issue ? however when it turn red , I can still serve net.

syncmos

Reaction score
this im not really sure unless u open up your case and see if u have any pci/pci-e x1 slots or not. if no probably u should get a usb AC adapter.

By the way just check last night. I am using Acer Predator G3610 model.

kzonexx

Reaction score
Yes, it just side by side of my desk top and wired (LAN to desktop). Sometime it still like 5ghz turn red. Dunno what happen. mesh issue ? however when it turn red , I can still serve net.

if its an old desktop, my guess is the Ethernet port is limited to 100 mpbs. The new ones shud have gigabit ports.

when the 5ghz light is red, 2.4ghz is till working fine. If the location for this unit is fixed, u can try adjusting the location of the other units to get better 5ghz reception.

Even my Apple TV4 Ethernet is limited to 100 mbps. So wireless on ATV4 is faster then wired.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.