The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4E.SI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, tu-re, because it hardens?

try uevo grey before?

tu-re jus seems to work very well for me, as compared to other clay/wax. not sure why too, but it seems like a jap brand?

never try uevo grey. will u recommend it?

btw saw ur postings in this thread, u are very knowledgeable about hair products! :s22:

N4E.SI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys between clay & wax, which will u choose and why?

i used a few brands of styling clay before (claymation etc) and their hold is very strong... but i find it very oily. strange thing is, after rubbing the clay onto my hairs, my palm actually becomes sweaty & wet too...like some kind of reaction from my skin towards the clay

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tu-re jus seems to work very well for me, as compared to other clay/wax. not sure why too, but it seems like a jap brand?

never try uevo grey. will u recommend it?

btw saw ur postings in this thread, u are very knowledgeable about hair products! :s22:

not anywhere near knowledgeable.
just my thoughts on those that i have used before

if i am not wrong, tu-re tends to harden up like uevo, which gives you the feeling of stronger hold because its like having hair spray on.

problem is once it touches water, the hold will lose and it's a little harder to restyle.

gold digger gives you the heavy glue like hold but it doesn't harden, so its advantage is to have the ability to restyle your hair when needed

N4E.SI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
claymation lame.
lol

useless la sia

i bought claymation before too. somehow it didnt seem to work as well, despite many raving reviews and adverts about it

i used a few times, didnt really like it and sold it off lol :s22:

N4E.SI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not anywhere near knowledgeable.
just my thoughts on those that i have used before

if i am not wrong, tu-re tends to harden up like uevo, which gives you the feeling of stronger hold because its like having hair spray on.

problem is once it touches water, the hold will lose and it's a little harder to restyle.

gold digger gives you the heavy glue like hold but it doesn't harden, so its advantage is to have the ability to restyle your hair when needed

yes exactly! u describe it very well haha :s12:

tu-re is my fave, but i like to alternate it with another clay/wax every few days. so far tried a few different brands of clay/wax but they didnt work as well for me

what will u recommend for a strong hold wax/clay?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
is Gold Digger really strong hold?

i read alot of positive reviews about it too. bought one bottle last week, but was slightly disappointed. it didnt seem to hold up hair very well

so far the best strong hold product i used is tu-re, its white top with blue bottom base, not sure anyone else knows about it
The joke is that gold digger is so strong in hold that it weighs down hair greatly, making it pretty much useless for Asian hair and climate.

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The joke is that gold digger is so strong in hold that it weighs down hair greatly, making it pretty much useless for Asian hair and climate.

there's where sea salt spray or any volumiser comes in.

if you blow dry your hair the right way and with the right amount of gold digger, it can work wonders.

your hair too long la. :s22:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes exactly! u describe it very well haha :s12:

tu-re is my fave, but i like to alternate it with another clay/wax every few days. so far tried a few different brands of clay/wax but they didnt work as well for me

i think you will like uevo grey or can try the byrd matte pomade.

dj_flame

Reaction score
is Gold Digger really strong hold?

i read alot of positive reviews about it too. bought one bottle last week, but was slightly disappointed. it didnt seem to hold up hair very well

so far the best strong hold product i used is tu-re, its white top with blue bottom base, not sure anyone else knows about it
Have used both Syoss Tu-re and Gold Digger.

I think the reason why Gold Digger doesn't work is because it's heavy-weight. Use just a bit too much and your hair falls flat. - edit: deaththeorist said the same thing as me lol

Gold Digger is best combined with a good blow dry and just a light application.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Besides the above, can you be more specific? Like pictures of your current hair and ideal hair and how much you are willing to deal with pliability and restyling ease?

Reason being the market is huge for "strong hold waxes" - pretty much everything is very similar to one another.

And to be very honest, end of the day knowing your hair type, how it behaves at different lengths and how to use a blowdryer is more important and useful than buying the correct hair product.

nichsong

Reaction score
Anybody tried the magnito brand alr? Haha hairpure has been advertising this lately. Should be another mic products bah

Sent from me using GAGT

Haha looks like I'm always the tanker for these produtcs. I actually contacted the seller regarding my concerns that they are the exact same lab / same product as those "other brands", and that they dried out my hair. They told me that its defo not the same OEM product as those other fellas, And looking at the ingredient list, this seems to be the case. They also assured me that it wouldn't dry out my hair.

Based on those reasons, I decided to spend $9.90 with the discount code to give it a shot. Will try out after receiving it, and will defo let u guys know if its the same damn thing, or truly something different and worth buying.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Besides the above, can you be more specific? Like pictures of your current hair and ideal hair and how much you are willing to deal with pliability and restyling ease?

Reason being the market is huge for "strong hold waxes" - pretty much everything is very similar to one another.

And to be very honest, end of the day knowing your hair type, how it behaves at different lengths and how to use a blowdryer is more important and useful than buying the correct hair product.
Know hair no product

Daimmm

nichsong

Reaction score

Defo agree with this. Haha after having spent at least several hundred dollars on different hair products, I feel the most important aspect of good hair styling ultimately boils down to understanding your hair and how it behaves. Learning how to blow dry and pre style were the most useful tools I've learnt thus far. Yes the finishing product does matter in giving your hairstyle that extra oomph to last / behave the way we want it to. But its not a standalone, miracle product. Having good hair requires work and maintenance!

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
http://imgur.com/a/D51MP

Had my hair cut ytd at Gataomo. Like it a lot.

Thinking of perming my hair next time so easier to style. hair too straight and easy go flat already. anyone here got any experience with perm?

N4E.SI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

well said. i learnt so much coming to this thread! :s12:

my hair is those coarse looking type, but its actually quite fine & limp. hence i need those strong hold wax/clay... tried those medium hold doesnt work at all for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.