LG V20

methylc

Reaction score
My current phone contract is eligible for renewal in October so hopefully I can get this in time if it isn't going to be available in SG this month. Currently using LG G3 and I still prefer using a phone with removable battery.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think removable battery will be a thing of the past soon as most modern phones now comes with non-removable ones.
I'm sure there're many like me who preferred removable battery.

RallyDriver123

Reaction score
My current phone contract is eligible for renewal in October so hopefully I can get this in time if it isn't going to be available in SG this month. Currently using LG G3 and I still prefer using a phone with removable battery.

Seems like you have the situation as me. I too can recontract by October so I hope that the LG V20 release in Singapore by next month. But it might not or might come here. And if it comes here, I think it will be released few months later after it's official release. So have wait for the news.

racer46maut

Reaction score
i think removable battery will be a thing of the past soon as most modern phones now comes with non-removable ones.

1 of the reasons is because they want to achieve the IP rating and another is to sell their "services".

chiaRH

Reaction score
1 of the reasons is because they want to achieve the IP rating and another is to sell their "services".

also a removable battery makes the device thicker and manufacturers are obsessed with thin and light devices

now with the note 7 blowing up i bet at least part of samsung wishes they still had removable battery cos now their 1 to 1 exchange has to be entire phone rather than just swap out defective battery for new one

Rickosw

Reaction score
Seems like you have the situation as me. I too can recontract by October so I hope that the LG V20 release in Singapore by next month. But it might not or might come here. And if it comes here, I think it will be released few months later after it's official release. So have wait for the news.

NO need to argue / think whether will be released here in SINKIE
confirm triple chop will one (this is not Samsung where they refuse to release in Europe - note series)

the only issue is when : = so better start trolling LG SG Facebook once the announcement is done

Troll LG SG - when when when - will history repeat of LG V10 ???

Rickosw

Reaction score
I'm sure there're many like me who preferred removable battery.

Lets be honest, how many OEM still have removable battery, for some power user, removable battery option is a deal breaker

I still prefer removable (over turbo / quick or wireless charging)

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lets be honest, how many OEM still have removable battery, for some power user, removable battery option is a deal breaker

I can't think of any except LG. lol

racer46maut

Reaction score

I think future designs will lead to moto z's moto mod and note 7 wireless battery pack.. I can see other manufacturers will copy this design because a battery may cost u $20 but a moto mod battery pack they can sell at $60 same as note 7 wireless batter pack easily selling at $60 or more..

Rickosw

Reaction score
I think future designs will lead to moto z's moto mod and note 7 wireless battery pack.. I can see other manufacturers will copy this design because a battery may cost u $20 but a moto mod battery pack they can sell at $60 same as note 7 wireless batter pack easily selling at $60 or more..

yeah, possible, MOTO Mods, (Friends), I was looking forward to the camera "friend" but turn out zzzz ... so decide to stay with LG V20 instead

really keep fingers cross if LG Friends (camera) turn up for V20 :D:D:D

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what time is the announcement tonight? Any link to watch live?

chiaRH

Reaction score
Anyone know what time is the announcement tonight? Any link to watch live?

its eastern time, so it's a 'tonight' for them, but for us will be 'morning', specifically 9AM wed morning i believe

methylc

Reaction score
A slight disappointment is that the battery capacity is 3200mAh instead of the earlier rumoured 4000mAh. But still, I'm hoping it reaches Singapore soon.

Last edited:

HowDoesItFeel

Reaction score
A slight disappointment is that the battery capacity is 3200mAh instead of the earlier rumoured 4000mAh. But still, I'm hoping it reaches Singapore soon.

Haha was thinking about that too. Same capacity as g pro 2. Don't know if it is enough for this phone..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.