learning japanese

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear members,

I am doing some statistics on JLPT passing rate for N1-N5 for July 2016 paper. If you are have taken JLPT in July 2016 and able to help, pls contact me via pm for more details.
Do include ur contact number.

As a token of appreciation, you will get a $10 voucher from Kinokuniya and free advice on how to score for JLPT.

Thank you.

Cheers,
dimitri_can

Last edited:

avalanste

Banned
Reaction score
All my classmates who are studying in Ikoma with me have passed their N2, felt very delighted for them.
Some of us are still studying on a weekly basis.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the hougang one good for learning japanese?
i think its ok. I graduated from there.
Find the correct sensei, work hard then u will be alright.
Revise every week for 3-4 hours.
Last time, when i was studying beginner and intermediate Japanese, i studied every day for about 2-3 hours.

Eliseez

Reaction score
Hi i'm really interested in taking up Japanese classes but i'm considering between Bunka or Ikoma... Anyone can give me a breakdown of their pros and cons and maybe suggestion as to which one i should go for? ><

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say both schools are good.
visit their websites, try to see the courses and schedules flexibility whether it match your lifestyle, make a trip down to both schools and see their environments, come up with YOUR own set of index and then sit down and weigh the pros and cons.

Which school tick the most boxes? The battle is half completed, the next half battle is yourself, as all the experts here will share that learning a 3rd Language is no easy feat as it requires talent, hard work and passion.
If you do not have 2 out of the 3 ingredients, I would say your 3rd language learning would not be sustainable.

Lastly, allow me to share this advice from my service last weekend.
"Hard work beats talent, when talent refuses to work hard"

Good luck :D

Toast A La Plunger

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

For those who registered for JLPT in person before, you just need to go there with the passport photos right? And can pay by cash?

Yevin227

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am currently studying at Bunka, Pre-Adv level. Thinking of taking my N4 again (failed last year because I didn't study). I'm particularly weak in reading and grammar, but listening wise I am ok as there is a lot of listening practices done in my weekly classes with my sensei.

Would there any useful resources or kanji list that I can study besides my class notes? My katakana reading is also weak.

Thanks!
Kevin

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi if u are v weak in ur reading n grammar, better find some ways to buck up. especially higher levels will test foundation grammar.

my website got a lot of free materials. feel free to use it.

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am currently studying at Bunka, Pre-Adv level. Thinking of taking my N4 again (failed last year because I didn't study). I'm particularly weak in reading and grammar, but listening wise I am ok as there is a lot of listening practices done in my weekly classes with my sensei.

Would there any useful resources or kanji list that I can study besides my class notes? My katakana reading is also weak.

Thanks!
Kevin

Enjoy!

http://www.mlcjapanese.co.jp/learn-japanese/

onepiecepop

Reaction score
anyone know how to add furigana to the kanji using Mircosoft powerpoint 2010? was trying to create powerpoint to help my fren study but cannot find the furigana option

by the way, any idea what is the difference between this two sentence? I am puzzled.
30すぎる人が昇進できないという方針を聞きました。
30すぎる人が昇進できない方針を聞きました。

Last edited:

Karcina

Reaction score
Hi i'm really interested in taking up Japanese classes but i'm considering between Bunka or Ikoma... Anyone can give me a breakdown of their pros and cons and maybe suggestion as to which one i should go for? ><

As a student from ikoma, ikoma focus a lot on homework. Word recognizing. You need a lot of determination to really study in the later part. A lot of my classmates dropped out and went mia after first few lessons lol.

jeremiahtong

Reaction score
As a student from ikoma, ikoma focus a lot on homework. Word recognizing. You need a lot of determination to really study in the later part. A lot of my classmates dropped out and went mia after first few lessons lol.

Which level are you at?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.